The Spirit Takes the Fifth ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonnichi

So another theater for Soarin. I guess that mean no new E ticket for Epcot anytime soon. Just another redo of an existing attraction. They are just going to stick with what they already have in Epcot I guess. TDO is just adding another theater to help with the wait times, is that it? I assume the new Film that DCA is getting will come to Epcot with the new theater? Is Soarin getting new projectors too with the new theater?

bhg469

Meet and greets!? Yes! That's exactly what Epcot needs!!! No new attractions, no re opened buildings, no refreshed oldies but goodies. No new countries or pavilions either! Its like every decision Disney makes is saving me money by not going there when I'm in town.

Soarin is sooooo awful they are adding another theater so more people can share that engineering marvel with no need to exist.

Genie of the Lamp

Spirit, couple questions:

1. Is the Wishes replacement still scheduled to debut late 2015/early 2016? When's Wishes going to end?
2. You mentioned in your last thread (on pg.592) that WDW's Club 33 would likely have a different name, what will they name it and where will the location of it be?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Anyone seen World of Color Winter Dreams?

All new digital projectors, hundreds of new LED fixtures and infrastructure and brand new moving head lighting?

On an acclaimed show that's only three years old. That's how you keep things fresh.

TP2000

So, DLR has a new nighttime show for Christmas and a new character/dance/music party too and freshened decorations and what again does WDW have this year? How much is Christmas dinner at the Crystal Palace?

I just got back from Disneyland to see the new World of Color Winter Dreams and Viva Navidad at DCA. Both were truly fantastic.

Everybody will be talking about the epic and stunning Winter Dreams show. But it was the new DCA street show, Viva Navidad, that impressed me uniquely because it reminded me of something you'd see at Tokyo Disneyland due to the huge number of performers in the show;

20 Mexican dancers (10 couples)
6 Mariachi band members
10 Brazilian dancers
6 Brazilian drummers
5 Disney Characters (Donald, Panchito, Jose, Minnie, Mickey)
4 giant rolling puppets (Mexican lady, Brazilian lady, Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus)
4 pedicab drivers/accessory dancers

That's 55 people performing in the street for this new Christmas show that came out of nowhere. And these kids weren't doing shuffle-shuffle-step choreography with jazz hands, but skilled and authentic Latin dancing to live music. And every one of them with huge smiles. Quite impressive!

Last edited:

TP2000

Anyone seen World of Color Winter Dreams?

All new digital projectors, hundreds of new LED fixtures and infrastructure and brand new moving head lighting?

On an acclaimed show that's only three years old. That's how you keep things fresh.

I just saw it tonight! I'm still wowed, and I'm a grumpy old man who doesn't get into the Christmas spirit until December 20th. But Winter Dreams is even better than the regular World Of Color, which was already popular.

This little 2 minute clip of the finale' sums it all up nicely. You just have to imagine this on an epic scale about 300 feet wide and 200 feet tall as you watch your computer screen. (And realize there's snow falling on the audience in this segment that doesn't show up on this amateur video)

If this isn't a Grand Finale', I don't know what is!

SirNim

Worse.

A Disney Princesses Meet and Greet (think EPCOT version of what just opened at MK with Frozen characters leading the way.

No, I am not kidding.
And here I was thinking those Danish restrooms in that neck of the woods would be expanded into a full-fledged Danmark pavilion (Long may Margrethe II reign)... :(

ptaylor

Premium Member
Speaking of lifestylers, is it true that one of my personal favorites (really!!!) @WDWFigment is now in Hong Kong? I have to give credit to Tom. Was it only three years ago he hadn't been to DLR? I like that he is honest and upfront, but I think he really should visit other Central Florida and Southern California theme parks beyond Disney too. I want to see IOA at sunrise, myself.

How-the-heck else are we going to see overly processed pictures of Hong Kong DL that look nothing like reality?

ptaylor

Premium Member
BTW, if these lifestylers aren't simply paid BRAND advocates, then please explain why theme park bloggers are also now movie critics and video gaming experts.

Well I don't know about you, but I just love to be told all about a new movie or video game through the eyes of some irritating little blogger. They are so fair and balanced I do not think you could ask for anything more.

It is interesting though how having "media" access to the parks not only gets you a free cruise but also gets you free "review copies" of movies and video games. The gifts just keep on coming! Life for Brigante and co must be good.

Disneybear

Spirited WDW NEWS:

Apparently, I was wrong about EPCOT and new things. Two big ones are on the way.

Yep, look for a third theater coming to Soarin (to make the eyesore even larger) and that expansion pad between Mexico and Norway?

Something is coming there as well.

P.S. May have some more news soon .Checking some info out.

Are they going to put the projector in a 'clean room' this time to get rid of the dust problem?

Lets hope so, but this will mean that there will only be 1 screen that those in the know will interested in queuing for.

alissafalco

Are they going to put the projector in a 'clean room' this time to get rid of the dust problem?

Lets hope so, but this will mean that there will only be 1 screen that those in the know will interested in queuing for.

Well if they don't clean the room, that too shall become dusty after no time. That's what happens when hundreds of people come in and out of a room a day and you don't clean! You do know that dust is mostly skin particles right?

asianway

I just don't understand this.

I'm actually totally behind the idea of, like, doubling the size of the EPCOT character spot. I just don't get this. There's so much room to really develop WS and they seem to think that what people really want is 1. more characters (true, but why in WS?) 2. more restaurants in front of the lagoon (probably also true but, ugh, why not build restaurants like in France, where you can see Illuminations from dinner without putting a building in front of the people on the walkway?)
How did CS expansion add characters? All it did was make the lines move faster at the expense of Sailor Donald, Daisy, & Stitch.

Chriss

Gonna go to a Frozen screening tomorrow will let you know how it is.

I saw Frozen a week ago with the family. Even my seven year old son enjoyed it. I expected to hate the snowman, but came away pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the story over all, and that character in particular. It is worth going to see.

GiveMeTheMusic

I just saw it tonight! I'm still wowed, and I'm a grumpy old man who doesn't get into the Christmas spirit until December 20th. But Winter Dreams is even better than the regular World Of Color, which was already popular.

This little 2 minute clip of the finale' sums it all up nicely. You just have to imagine this on an epic scale about 300 feet wide and 200 feet tall as you watch your computer screen. (And realize there's snow falling on the audience in this segment that doesn't show up on this amateur video)

If this isn't a Grand Finale', I don't know what is!

Seconding this. Winter Dreams eclipses World of Color in every way - it's breathtaking, it's funny, it's amply long (almost a half hour - no skimping), the soundtrack is unreal (theatre fans might recognize Heather Headley's voice singing all the music not directly lifted from a movie) and continues a winning streak for Mark Hammond (composer and arranger, his last project was Happiness is Here).

I've always liked World of Color, but I've only been compelled to see it three or four times over the past three years. I will see Winter Dreams many more times than that during its holiday run. It contributes to an embarrassment of Christmas riches at DLR right now - all included with the regular price of admission.

Just this year alone, Winter Dreams, Viva Navidad and the new Downtown Disney skating rink/winter village are big hits (Jingle Cruise is clearly an afterthought). Add Haunted Mansion Holiday, small world Holiday, Christmas Fantasy Parade and Believe In Holiday Magic, and it sure feels like DLR is the Christmas capital of the world (sorry Santa Claus, IN).

Come visit WDW'ers! We'll show you a good time!

Figments Friend

This is my how I envision Spirit.

Spirit-2.jpg

And yes, he's holding a mug from 1998.

Nice..!
Love the nice added detail of him holding his 98' mug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom