The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition - The Board Room

JokersWild

This is incredibly tough....

Let me preface this by saying that I messed up with the posting of the project. I feel as though my scheduling conflicts during this crazy weekend might have bogged us down just a bit, especially when it comes to presentation, but hey; life gets in the way. What're you gonna do. It was a freak occurrence with me, but it happens. Point is, I apologize to my team for the troubles we had posting this project.

Anyway, I feel as though I should stay in this competition because of my consistency. Posting woes aside, I feel as though I've been, and continue to be, incredibly consistent with my work and what I put out. I work hard and strive to put out the best that I can, and I feel as though I've mostly succeeded in that effort throughout this season. I'm not really sure what else to say. I feel as though I've been open to new ideas put out by my teammates and have been flexible in working out the kinks of the projects. I still feel as though I am moving upwards and getting better at what I've been doing with every passing project. That's all I have to say about that.

Truly, Team Sea did incredible this project, I feel, and it'll be a shame to see someone go home, whether it be Red, tcool, or myself. Great job, everyone!

ctxak98

@ctxak98 You were almost completely absent this entire week. Others show a bit more desire to compete. Why should I let you stay in this competition?
I would like to start by saying I'm sorry to my team! It's been a couple rough weeks for me and this next week too so maybe leaving would be best as I can't commit fully! I am not going to state why I should stay as I have proved on this site many times in other competitions that I am creative, innovative, and work well with others!

But with that on top of everything I just don't have the time to really flesh out a concept and take a stab at something like Lord of the Rings which I know nothing about! If I was to be truly in it I would have sat and watched the movies and analyzed what points I thought would make an excellent theme park addition, but the real world stops me from doing that!

So if you keep me I can't promise to be fully in it with my schedule! But it's been very fun and great to work with my team! They all had such good ideas!

MonorailRed

Applebees
I should remain in the competition because I work hard on the team. I'll admit, I was busy and I couldn't post for the Team. At the same time, I still knocked out artwork quickly to help out the final presentation, and added then some. I worked hard on the Gargoyles attraction. I came up with some advertisement ideas and art to help out the idea to bring a new presentation form to the table with the team.

I also communicated with my team daily, if I was busy, I'd let them know. But I'd always try to respond and reply to ideas, concepts and written works from the teammates.

If I stay, I'll keep learning from what worked in Challenge 3 and what didn't work in Challenge 4. Keep thinking of ways to make a better final presentation with a solid concept. You'll see more artwork along the way, some written pieces as well, and whatever else the team would like me to do. I'm a Team Player all the way!

Team Sea did great this week and I think we're looking in the right direction! It would be a serious disappointment to see one of us go. Seriously, Great work from everyone, Sea!

Voxel

President of Progress City
Through out this competition I have played a key role in not one team but two. While in recent days, I have not been involved as normal I still took as much time as possible to knock out ideas and to work in an advisory role providing the best support and suggestions for a project. While not the best Ride Through writer my concepts and suggestion have found them selves as the base or into many of the ride attraction presented by Team Air and Team Sea. I have also created a restaurant as quote by @englanddg as "the BEST and most UNIQUE restaurant concept I've heard in a while."
During my time on both teams I have worked on presentation techniques never before seen in these challenges from the full 3d partially explorable model of the Library to the hacking of Stark Industries. I have enjoyed pushing these boundaries and I think there are still ways I can ;)
If I stay I will continue to push these boundaries of Imagineering presentations to find a mix that really works, I will agree with @MonorailRed There is a lot we can learn from this last presentation. We felt that basing it around advertising could have work, but in the end went against us. This is something we could greatly work from. I will also continue to act as an advisory helping people fully complete their ideas and concepts while pushing the envelope of today's technology.
I would like to finish by saying that it has been marvelous working on a team, where all members do there best to input the most they can. Its been a relaxing change, but a challenge do because now we create to much content and forget about most of it before we get to the presentation. (Sorry @MonorailRed, I really wanted to put in the Les Miz reference and I forgot all about it). Though I may no longer be a part of Team Air, I feel their victory do due the blood, sweat, and Tears @englanddg and I put in during the first three challenges.
I wish everyone the best, I hate to see anyone of us go from Team Sea. You all surprised me and I am pleased with the amount of work we created.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
memorywall4.jpg

@ctxak98 has been eliminated
<here ends Challenge 4 discussion>

englanddg

One Little Spark...
First, I want to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed this competition, so far, and have had the chance to work and compete with amazing and talented people. This year has been leaps and bounds more competitive, and the quality of concepts and content has been simply breathtaking.

Second, this competition has become a massive part of my day over the past 6 weeks, and not necessarily in a healthy way. Each week I have become more headstrong, more competitive, more obsessed, and find that I'm enjoying myself less as a result. And, that is not what this is all about.

While I haven't been on the losing end of any challenge this season, I have watched my original team be picked apart and shuffled. And, while I'm now on a fantastic team, that has left me a bit burnt out.

Third, I want to be very clear that I am not quitting or resigning. I asked to join the boardroom to explain where I'm at mentally, including why I want to stay in the competition, and allow Mr. Yensid to decide how to proceed.

Should he decide not to eliminate me this week, I would take a more limited role for the next challenge, and /or would ask that I be granted a sabbatical from the next challenge. I need to recenter myself and cool down. I would like to continue in the team PM, in either case.

If a sabbatical is the choice, rather than a limited role, then I would not be allowed to participate, merely follow along, and as a result, I would ask that Team Sea be offered two immunity idols for the last challenge, and that, should Team Sea lose the next challenge, I be immediately taken to the board room in place of the team leader.

I'll leave this with why I think I should remain in the competition.

Every week I've delivered strong ideas and content, with the help of others, as evidenced by the fact that I have never been on a losing team this season. And, I would continue to do so. I feel I have been a consistently strong participant, in both seasons, and have a lot to offer in terms of ideas, practical skills, and creativity. Like everyone here, I thoroughly enjoy the mental challenge of playing "what if" with a product and idea, being Disney, that we all study, dream about, and adore.

Mr. Yensid, how we proceed is up to you. I appreciate your time and consideration.

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

Hello.

As I type this, I obviously am nervous. About this whole thing, hoping I stay, and about my teammates. I don't know what is going to happen and my heart is racing! One thing that is keeping me calm is the excitement for tonight's BB16 episode(ask my teammates, I'm a fan:p). Tonight a juror is coming back to the house!! Hope that Donny is able to make a power move too this week. Sorry, I went a bit off topic there for a second...

Anyways, as demonstrated above, I am a huge fan of reality TV competitions. Also, obviously a huge Disney/Imagineering aficionado. So, you can only imagine the intense amount of excitement I had when on this forum you combined both! Couldn't believe it, very so very happy, and ready to compete and am going to enjoy it so much!

With that said, I want to remain in this competition. And I have reasons why. But one big one that I think is most important- I never let my team down. I will always try to be online to check in as PM, or give a little help even when I am very busy. When it does not work for my schedule what so ever, I will come on anyways.
If my team doesn't like my ideas, I will not take control, but instead work with them to come up with something else. I will work with them until we get the perfect project.

I am a newbie to competitions, this is my first. I came into this as first PM, and was nervous. But we pulled out a win. This time, it was close, but we weren't so lucky. However, I think I was a good Project Manager. If I was at home, then I would pull out one of my 8 Imagineering books and look up the definition of WDI Project Management (I remember reading that someplace).

I really hope you let me stay. I love this comp, I love competing, and love to discover what I am truly capable of.

Thank you. Have a magical night! (Now, when does BB start tonight again?)

Sam Magic

Like Disneyland this contest was created with fun, connectivity, and innovation in mind. It has definitely lived up to this, but like Englanddg I am a little burnt out. If I am to stay I will not be as active as normal, but I will still be active and do whatever my team needs me to do.

This contest has been fun, stressful, time consuming, and a learning experience for me. I have learned more about myself and my team mates. Throughout I have not only given these projects my all in attempts to pull a win, but I have paid to help us (I bought the site we used last week). I have spent sleepless nights and have taken all criticisms to heart in order to help our team improve. I think with my help my team has not only improved, but we have become better in our proposals. And at this point I would hate to leave them at this point in the game.

Above all I’m important to my team. I help with anything I can and continually try to think of new ways to engage everyone and create concepts that will help us win. This work is evident in our proposals and I think a significant improvement can be seen from our first submission to the one tonight. This of course does not mean I am with out fault, I have sometimes excluded ideas or denied help when it was offered. Despite this I ultimately try and strive to do the best for our team and help us win.

This contest has been great fun and I hope I can continue to participate. If tonight is the night I go then all I can say and express is gratitude and thanks. Thanks to Team Sea/Air for telling me my teams faults or areas in need of improvement, and thank you to Team Land for being the best team I could have ever asked for. Danke Jdm für dies glegenheit und für ihre berücksichtigung.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom