The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcool

I'm back everyone, just so you know.
raw

DinoInstitute

I just finished my Freshman Year of College when that film came out, and I grew up with those films. In a way it felt like that film series mirrored my life and I remember the emotions that Andy went through. It's an amazing film, its just hits home to me and a lot of my friends who are my age.
Toy Story three is on the Disney channel right now! My GF wanted to watch that instead of BB16...shes crazy;) Although I do love that movie

JokersWild

We all do. I am going through the webpages and having my GF translate the stories, it seem that they are taking a hiatus and restructuring the company.
It only makes sense. Miyazaki is retiring, and animation isn't really the most lucrative business, especially when Ghibli still does hand drawn animation as opposed to digital. It's heart-breaking, but it does make sense, I supposed. It is great to note that they really haven't really had a bad film, and I've heard the "The Wind Rises" was incredible. I haven't seen it, but it seems to me like it would be Miyazaki's Swan Song, and a perfect closer to his long career.

Voxel

President of Progress City
It only makes sense. Miyazaki is retiring, and animation isn't really the most lucrative business, especially when Ghibli still does hand drawn animation as opposed to digital. It's heart-breaking, but it does make sense, I supposed. It is great to note that they really haven't really had a bad film, and I've heard the "The Wind Rises" was incredible. I haven't seen it, but it seems to me like it would be Miyazaki's Swan Song, and a perfect closer to his long career.
Well their newest film (Came out last month in Japan) isn't doing so hot and from what I read another top Producer and an other top Animator Retired. Three key player in one year is a big hit. It makes sense. I hop that we don't see them go completely under though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom