The scarceness of Disney Princes

CB2@disney

Original Poster
So I read a blurp today the Flynn Rider is not going to be doing the meet and greets anymore. I don't know about anyone else out there but I don't feel that we see these leading men nearly enough. :shrug: I for one would love to see Prince Charming other then at a dinner or parade. I would love to see Prince Philip, Prince Eric, The Beast in human form, Prince Naveen, Captain Li Shang (Mulan), or even Robert (Enchanted). I know all the little girls love to see the princess in their dresses but maybe the boys would like to meet the princes. If not... what about the grown up "little" girls. It would be nice to see the iconic "Princes Charming" in person because a lot of us aren't lucky enough to meet him in real life. :animwink: Anybody else have an option on this?:lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So I read a blurp today the Flynn Rider is not going to be doing the meet and greets anymore. I don't know about anyone else out there but I don't feel that we see these leading men nearly enough. :shrug: I for one would love to see Prince Charming other then at a dinner or parade. I would love to see Prince Philip, Prince Eric, The Beast in human form, Prince Naveen, Captain Li Shang (Mulan), or even Robert (Enchanted). I know all the little girls love to see the princess in their dresses but maybe the boys would like to meet the princes. If not... what about the grown up "little" girls. It would be nice to see the iconic "Princes Charming" in person because a lot of us aren't lucky enough to meet him in real life. :animwink: Anybody else have an option on this?:lookaroun

I don't think that guests get an OPTION on the Princes. :lol:

rsoxguy

Being rsoxguy, not rsoxgal, I really can't give an "opinion" on meeting a prince. I can, however, state that I believe the whole prince and princes meet-and-greet thing is probably geared more toward the kiddies. I think you will see more of a prince theme when little girls start looking for them and complain about their absence.

cowanfamily

I'll be honest here. I would rather my boys, ages 4 and 5, meet a pirate or Lightning McQueen than a prince. I can't remember if I have ever hard anyone crying and looking for Prince Charming in the parks. Except maybe the first weekend in June!

JIMINYCR

I'll be honest here. I would rather my boys, ages 4 and 5, meet a pirate or Lightning McQueen than a prince. I can't remember if I have ever hard anyone crying and looking for Prince Charming in the parks. Except maybe the first weekend in June!

I expect you might get some hate from some people on this last line. But I agree, my son couldn't care less about meeting a Prince. Never heard him ask where they were. He did get excited about seeing the Beast and Jack Sparrow.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think most boys just see the princes as an extension of the Princess line and therefore really have no interest.

It is very similar as Ken is to Barbie. How many boys ever wanted a Ken doll?

powlessfamily4

I think most boys just see the princes as an extension of the Princess line and therefore really have no interest.

It is very similar as Ken is to Barbie. How many boys ever wanted a Ken doll?

I have to a agree with this. My son called them "girl movies" and I really had to coax to get him to sit still enough to watch them with his sister. As soon as they were over he was gone like a shot out of the room. My son wanted no part of the Prince & Princess get up. He was all Lion King, Rescuers Down Under and Toy Story. When he was 3 and 4 he actually really liked Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin, however he was not interested in the "Prince" characters but rather the foot stool/dog and Abu the monkey. I would be interested to see how many people have sons who actually follow the character of the Prince.

I know one member has a 2 year old who likes "Eugene" from tangeled. It's funny because that character is non-princely material and definitely presents a more manly side. I think maybe little boys are not into a singing and dancing romantic prince.

BTW - Batman was a his true hero. For about 6 years eveything in my home had a bat logo.

HouCuseChickie

While I think some kids liked Flynn since he played a larger role in Tangled than most of the "princes" I don't see my girls getting excited about meeting any of the prince type figures beyond Flynn. Don't get me wrong- they LOVE their princesses, but I think they'd prefer to meet Captain Hook and Smee over any prince.

Irene

I took my then 3 year old Grandduaghter to Disney last year because all she talked about was meeting her Prince Charmming and dancing with him. She was so very happy when she got her wish and he dance with her. So meeting the princes can be a big deal to so little girls. She still talks about her Prince Charmming.:animwink:

britdaw

My nephew is 5 and may be going with us next spring. I asked him who he was excited to meet and he said he couldn't wait to meet Captain Jack and see the cars. I highly doubt he'd get excited to meet Prince Philip... He might try to steal his sword, but that's about it. :ROFLOL:

I can't see them being out every single day with their respective princesses every single day. However, having them out every once and a while would be kind of nice. Plus, if it wasn't for some of the princes, the ladies would have never have become royalty at all. :shrug:

mp2bill

I expect you might get some hate from some people on this last line. But I agree, my son couldn't care less about meeting a Prince. Never heard him ask where they were. He did get excited about seeing the Beast and Jack Sparrow.

Yeah, that was a bit unnecessary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom