The rock your socks trip report!

Hey!
This is my shot at making a really good trip report! I am one of those people who love to read about others trips so i hope you enjoy mine. I'lll try to keep you awake!

Oct 8-Oct 13

Okay let me just start by telling you a little about me since i am not very well known on these booards. I am a teen (older not younger) and this trip we decided to take one of my best friends. This year she has been faced with some tough loses so here we gave her " a little break from reality"....heehee 2 teenage girls running around WDW
Anywho the other members of the family include a brother and ofcourse the parents.
Now on with the show!

First day OCt 8- Woke up at 6:30 finished last minute packing and we headed off to the airport. This was my friends frist time on an airplane so it was going to be an adventure. SHE LOVED IT! i even sesupect she liked the journey there better then the whole WDW experience. We stepped off the plane and i could already feel that hot humide Florida weather. We dragged all our lugage to the rental car and we were off to MGM ( am i still allowed to call it that? oh well i'm going to)

The first thing we did was get a fast pass to rockin rolller coaster and check out the wait time for Tower of Terror. It was 60 min with no fass passes! Oh jeez, i knew this was going to be a sign of things to come. So we decide to ride the great movie ride. I don;t really like the new perspective the ride has. I don't know why they would change it so the tour guide was a huge fan, it made it really cheesy. Has anyone noticed the Hawaiin shirt hanging outside the alien scene. I have never seen it there before so i am assuming it was some Cast members doing ( it made me laugh) We rushed over to RR but we left out the whole "Idea" of this ride to my friend. She had been to WDW before but only for a very short time and never went on any of the thrill rides. we got into the alley part of the ride and she herd the 3 2 1 GO and the car sped off into the distance...she was a little hesitant but in the end She loved it! the picture was pricless, she had one of those faces that screamed "OMG I AM FREAKIN OUT". So now it was time for another new ride for her (place drum roll in here) Tower of Terror, my favourite ride ever! We have to wait roughly 70 minutes but it was worth it. She was so scared she was pinching me. Anywho we decided we were done with MGM and took the boat to Beach Club but more on that later....stay tuned and i really hope your enjoying this:)

Sally_doll

Original Poster
OCT 8 Cont...
alright so we are all hungry and a bit tired by now cause we have been going non stop since 6:30 this morning but we decide to keep going. We grab some veggie burgers and vanilla cokes at Beaches and Cream and sit. We decided to get a ride in on mission space that night so we were off to Epcot. It was a 70 min wait but i really wanted to ride it so we stuck it out.

And the Verdict is....

I don't know, it was a little to much like a video game. Don't get me wrong the G forces were amazing but i never felt any spinning or any wightlessness which was dissapointing. I guess i was just hoping for a little more but ofcourse it is still a good ride.

Okay now for the most eventfull bus ride of the trip!

We get on the bus and were sitted in the very back. Illuminations has just ended so this bus was really really full. Anyway some guys that were much much older then us came to the back. So one of them starts talking and then sits down on my lap! At first i thought he was just joking like "haha its so crowded let me sit down for a second" but then the bus started moving and he is still on my lap... so in my head i am like "okay what the heck? does he think he is going to sit here the whole bus ride" and i decide to squish on one seat with my friend so he can get off me. I am going to keep this short cause i know this is a family sight but he kept joking around (at least i very very much hope he was) about he was a pedaphile! THIS IS NOT THE TYPE OF THING I WANT TO BE HEARING ON A BUS AT WDW! so the first bus stop i jumped of the bus. whoa what a way to start the trip. lucky for me i never saw those wierdos again!

OCT 9- This was the first time i ever went to Islands of Adventure. I won't go into it but in one word it was WOW!

After IOA we went to down town disney and ate at the portabello Yacht club. Very good food. We were then off in search for some presents for my friends back home. I found some good stuff and then we went back to the hotel.:)

Figment1986

Were these guys drummers?
(most are messed up in brain, unlike I)

So far still good. What fuge were you in. ,aby you had expected it to be to much which is why you did not feel anything. I remember the Gs and the attempt on feeling weightlessness...

oh, and some of my buttons were not working...

Sally_doll

Original Poster
thanks guys for your messages it encourages me to continue this report!:)

Oct 10- Today was early morning for Animal kingdom so we took advantage. It was a rough time getting us out of bed cause well, were teenagers and we don't do the whole early morning thing.
We arrived around 8:30 and headed straight to the safari. Oh my gosh that baby elephant was so cute. I am such a nerd for saying this but i was fighting back the tears just looking at it. We then went over to its tough to be a bug and got a fast pass for dinosaur. We decided for an early lunch at the rainforest Cafe. this place was so COLD! If anyone was there that they and looked at the family wearing ran ponchos indoors you can now know that we are not crazy. We went and did dinosaur and then the wild mouse ride. I can not remember the name at all. Jester and hester or something along those lines. Anyway this ride is fun. Many people don't like it because its so basic but with the right people and mood it can be the best ride in the park (well not compared to the safari but you get my drift)

We went back to the hotel (if i have not mentioned this earlier we stayed at Coronado Springs) to get ready for dinner and MNSSHP.

Dinner was at California grill. I ate sushi and i also gave my friend a piece too. I took a nice picture of the ugly face she made while chewing it, she hated it but she had the guts to swallow it. We wanted to go straight to the Magic Kingdom so we got changed in the washrooms. Any guess to what we were?

Toronto Maple Leaf hockey fans....not the most original idea ever but we worked with what we had. SO now if anyone went to the Halloween party that day and saw two girls wearing leaf jerseys you know that was me. (we even saw another man wearing a jersey) We got a lot of comments from cast members telling us to pick a better team....but just wait we will win the cup soon:lol: This was the first time i have ever been on carousel of progress (and i call myself a Disney fan) but before we went in i warned my friend and brother that this was an old ride (in terms they would understand like "old school" So my friend walk in and says loudly "Wow this IS ghetto". The CM laughed but i am sure she got on the wrong side of some of the people. But wow that attraction is so great. I was really missing out especially with that catchy theme song.

We then called it a night since i had to be back at MK for 8:15 the next morning for keys to the kingdom... but more on that soon to come

Sounds like you had a great time. You were really smart to get off that bus. We had a drunk couple get off a bus with us and they were crashing into bushes and almost our family. We also high tailed it out of there. Sorry weirdos and disney just dont mix. You were so lucky to bring a friend. We can't afford that yet. Its hard enough to pay for the 5 of us.

aim

WDW is so much fun w/friends! I have been lucky to take 2 different friends and my boyfriend (not all at once). And it is always something new everytime! :sohappy:

Katherine

Great trip report! I love reading them! Those guys should not have been acting like that especially at WDW with all the families. I sorry to hear that that happens. Can't wait to hear more though!

Sally_doll

Original Poster
Saturday Oct 11-
Saturday Oct 11- I had finally got to sleep just after 1am and now i had to wake up at 7:00. It was tough! we got to the Mk around 8:00 and checked in at guest relations for the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I took my dad along with me because i knew my friend would be bored out of her mind with all the Disney info. We received name tags and told them what we wanted for lunch (vegetarian chili with lemonade) and then we were off. We had a large group of around 20-22 people but it didn't make a difference. I will just sum up the tour...
-we talked about movie aspect of the magic kingdom including the names on the windows
-the history of Disneyland, production company ext
-we rode the jungle cruise and the haunted mansion
-saw spectro magic parade floats as well as the share a dream come true parade floats.
-walked through the Utilidoors
-spilled lemonade on the person sitting across the table from me (whoops)
and that’s about all i can remember but it was ended with a story of what the statue of Walt Disney and Mickey mouse is pointing too (its right in front of Cinderella’s castle) I am going to try my best to tell the story because it was so nice.

When someone asked the artist who created the sculpture what Walt was pointing to he replied “ I created as though it is a day before his death and Walt and Mickey are having a heart to heart. Walt is telling Mickey that it has been a nice long run but it’s his time to go. Roy and Minnie are waiting for you down there” At the entrance to main street there is a bench with Roy, Minnie and an empty seat for Mickey and that’s what Walt is pointing to. I thought that was really nice.

Anyway after the tour had ended we were headed to Epcot…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom