The Red WorkSpace

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
So, this is a personal project for Space and I. We're challenging ourselves with designing a 5th Gate for Walt Disney World Resort!

map202938LARGE.jpg

Feel free to follow along and chime in! :D

spacemt354

Chili's
A very vague first draft -- many things might and probably will change -- but we have concluded on the theme of the 5th Park (after several ideas:p)

Disney Animation!
landing.jpg

We'll post the timeline for how and when this would be happening, but we tried thinking about what does Disney need. Everyone always says "Oh I would love to see a Wreck it Ralph ride" or "Oh Zootopia would be cool!" but where would these popular IPs go? You'd need a 5th park and one dedication to animation in order for them to blend together

A scribble map of no significance lol -- but essentially we want it on the standing monorail line (yellow box), and with 2 large parking garages like in Disney Springs across from Epcot Center drive closer to the Yacht and Beach cast parking, out of view on the map. From there guests would be trammed across the road and to the main entrance where the bus/taxi drop off (red lines) would be.

And then the colors are just possible areas for lands.

We have 3 lands confirmed and will start on them soon.

-Fantasia as the Entrance and Icon
-New and Improved "Toontown"
and
-Disney "Villains"

Should be cool to play around with and actually something new -- I don't think either of us have just designed a park for fun before:p #breakingnewgroundz:bookworm:

Brer Oswald

My idea for "Toontown 2.0" or whatever extension it could be, I don't know... let's get to the ideas! Silly symphony needs to have a HUGE presence. At least a C Ticket dark ride, maybe a show instead. A Mickey Mouse race through Death Valley/outwits the phantom blot ride would be interesting as well. If Peter Pan gets upgraded and Philharmagic gets kicked out, it could be moved to this park where it would get the randomized ride system like you said in your website space. Maybe a Roger Rabbit costed too. Toontown, or silly symphony avenue or whatever these lands are, they would have to be alive, and more than they ever were. Projection technology has vastly improved and maybe eventually we will be able to see projected cartoon characters run amongst Park surroundings. This technology could be used to help the buildings and characters come alive. Imagine seeing the three little pigs cartoon unfold in real life in front of your very eyes!

spacemt354

Chili's
My idea for "Toontown 2.0" or whatever extension it could be, I don't know... let's get to the ideas! Silly symphony needs to have a HUGE presence. At least a C Ticket dark ride, maybe a show instead. A Mickey Mouse race through Death Valley/outwits the phantom blot ride would be interesting as well. If Peter Pan gets upgraded and Philharmagic gets kicked out, it could be moved to this park where it would get the randomized ride system like you said in your website space. Maybe a Roger Rabbit costed too. Toontown, or silly symphony avenue or whatever these lands are, they would have to be alive, and more than they ever were. Projection technology has vastly improved and maybe eventually we will be able to see projected cartoon characters run amongst Park surroundings. This technology could be used to help the buildings and characters come alive. Imagine seeing the three little pigs cartoon unfold in real life in front of your very eyes!
Nice -- I like this route!:D

spacemt354

Chili's
What specific IP are we considering, if any, for this park?
Anything Disney animation

Some other ideas were to make a history based park, but it was too close to World Showcase. Another was a mythology park, but it's been done so many times. Another was a 7 Wonders of the World park, but it felt like a combination of Disney's America and DAK.

Animation is something that Disney will never run out of, and has a vast library of possibilities. We were just thinking that everyone has been calling for a bigger Frozen ride, or something Big Hero 6 related, and so on...but there is no good park to put those large attractions in at this point. DHS is too small and undergoing refurbs, and the MK is the most crowded theme park in the world. So rather than add more IPs to DAK and Epcot...you have essentially an IP park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom