The radio is posessed.....

sillyspook13

Original Poster
Local radio station Cool 100 FM has gone insane. All afternoon and evening they have been playing "Hey Jude" nonstop. And not even the whole song. Just the lines "na, na, na........ hey Jude....." over and over.

All the station's website says is, "They're not telling us anything either!":lol:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Ah... they are "Stunting". Thats the term for it... to get people to talk and notice the station.. before something big happens.

sooo... that being said...
Either there flipping to another format.... or have some new wacky morning show.. I am guessing a Format change though. *shrug*

DMC-12

It Is a Format Change....

From allaccess.com (a trade paper website)

...What's up with CLEAR CHANNEL Oldies WSHE (100.3)/ORLANDO? They are looping about a minute or so of the BEATLES' "Hey Jude." The promo says that MONDAY morning (2/23) there will be an "all new 100.3-FM."

...No word on the new format... :wave:

darthdarrel

That happened here!
I can`t remember the exact station, but the one radio station here in Cleveland, Ohio played It`s the END of the world as we know it over and over for 48 hours when they changed format to alternative rock and they became "THE END" lol

sillyspook13

Original Poster
They just snuck in between loops and said that Jude will continue until 7 AM Monday morning. The insanity!:zipit: :lol:

aim

:lol: This happened to us too! But we got a much worse song! We got "They're coming to take me away, ha ha, they're coming to take me away" ALL day long. There was talk bout a guy had killed his wife and held everyone in the place hostage! :lol:

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by darthdarrel
That happened here!
I can`t remember the exact station, but the one radio station here in Cleveland, Ohio played It`s the END of the world as we know it over and oner for 48 hours when they changed format to alternative rock and they became "THE END" lol

LOL...They play that in Dinoland all the time. I get it stuck in my head everytime I'm there.

JBSLJames

Same sort of thing happened in the Cincinnati market a couple of years ago. A station played a Garth Brooks song about a "River" and afterward, the station became a country station. It was not called the River though.

DMC-12

One of the stations I used to work for up in Wisconsin was "'Bright' Adult Contemporary"... (think Wilson Phillips... lots of soft Phil Collins songs...etc... very light music).

Well the station was going to flip to Country... and NONE of the advertisers knew this... so they held this HUGE party for all the advertisers... and they launched the station with "Boot Scoot Boogie" (sp?) You could actually see some of advertisers faces turn green, and become visibly upset... as they had every right to be, :lol:

I never wanna hear Boot Scoot Boogie ever again in my life...lol
:lol: :hurl:

darthdarrel

Originally posted by DMC-12
A station I used to work for up in Wisconsin was "Adult Contemporary"... (think Wilson Phillips... lots of soft Phil Collins songs...etc... very light music).

Well the station was going to flip to Country... and NONE of the advertisers knew this... so they held this HUGE party for all the advertisers... and they launched the station with "Boot Scoot Boogie" (sp?) You could actually see some of advertisers faces turn green, and become visibly upset... as they had every right to be, :lol:

I never wanna hear Boot Scoot Boogie ever again in my life...lol
:lol: :hurl:

:lol: I know what you mean! my mom was taking up country line dancing and She constantly was playing that song! :eek: :lol:

TURKEY

Apparently, the big announcement is going to come at 7:30 on Monday.

One of the stations were broadcasting from AKL and I think it was 100.3 this past week. Apparently, the guy that was on the air was filling in for the regular male host. He had no idea where the guy was and that management wasn't talking.

sillyspook13

Original Poster
Originally posted by mr snrub
Hey Jude = greatest song ever

and anyone who says otherwise is a terrible, terrible, human being
Love the song!

Don't love the last two minutes of the song on repeat for 72 hours straight.:hammer:

TURKEY

Originally posted by sillyspook13
Love the song!

Don't love the last two minutes of the song on repeat for 72 hours straight.:hammer:

Yea...I thought it was ok for the 1st trip home from work at 2 am. Since then, I think it's been old.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom