The pains of Band Parenthood with Disney Millennial

KrzyKtty

So I am a band momma, who really really wants to take my kids to MNSSHP next year; We haven't been in 11 years due to school. I am finally at the point where I want to say to hell with it, one day of missed school won't kill the kids. His band has a really really strict attendance policy though. But I'm still going to try to steal him on a Friday for a quick Disney weekend. Go to the party, ride Tron for the first time, and maybe catch the Food and Wine festival for the first time.

The trick will be to plan all this under the nose of his band director LOL. Anyone else do something like this? Not looking to make it a huge trip, but I really want my kids to experience it again. It was one of the best memories we have.

Minnie1986

Our mom used to pull us out of school for vacations, Disney included all the time without batting an eyelash. She would work with our teachers to get our work ahead of time, and we would do it on the plane ride to wherever we were going; if we weren't finished by the time the plane landed, we did it on the plane ride back. We never once fell behind, or had any issues.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Our mom used to pull us out of school for vacations, Disney included all the time without batting an eyelash. She would work with our teachers to get our work ahead of time, and we would do it on the plane ride to wherever we were going; if we weren't finished by the time the plane landed, we did it on the plane ride back. We never once fell behind, or had any issues.
All depends on the kids and their willingness to do the work. Our DS always cooperated but we have friends who had conflicts with their kids who only wanted to play and it was a battle getting the assigned work done while away.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

All depends on the kids and their willingness to do the work. Our DS always cooperated but we have friends who had conflicts with their kids who only wanted to play and it was a battle getting the assigned work done while away.
100%; it absolutely varies from kid to kid. Just wanted to give OP an example of it having been done successfully.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

It certainly was easier for us to pull it kids during the school year when they were in elementary school. Once they hit high school, it’s a lot more difficult. My oldest DS didn’t want to be pulled because he’d somehow have to make up science labs, which was a lot harder to do. He also was in an advanced math class where it was fairly important he be there for the lecture. I think it’s definitely easier at the beginning of the year as opposed to later.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom