The Oscars!

ToTBellHop

I loved Halle Berry's speech...but...she kept saying something about her husband in India...but he was standing right there...maybe I missed something...

Luau Cove

Originally posted by Lance
Jim Broadbent??????

........I don't think anyone picked him to win. I DIDN'T!!!

I don't know why you say this. He deserved it more than any other in that category, maybe Ethan Hawke, but Broadbent did an excellent job in that movie plus he also was in two other nominated movies: Moulin Rouge and Bridgets Jones Diary, where he also did well.

-->luau

Lance

I was told to put my money on either Ian McKellan or Ben Kingsley. So that means Jim Broadbent was an underdog and wasn't expected to win. I sure as hell didn't pick him, who picks the less-known actor over the well-known Ian McKellan, NOT ME, and that's why I said it!

Beauty and the

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

Denzel just won for Best Actor.

I think even Denzel would agree that tonight they've tarnished his Oscar, he won on a political vote. He has appeared in far superior roles and never been acknowledged as the best, only ever the support.

He isn't the first person for this to happen to and he won't be the last. I believe it was Paul Newman who never turned up to collect his much belated Oscar a number of years ago in an attempt to express his disgust, they the movie mob take any notice? not one bit

Crowe deserved the Oscar, but tinseltown is not impressed with his behaviour, to retein his status as favourite son he needs to grow up. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom