The "old" Spaceship Earth?

goonsquads57

Original Poster
I've heard people talk about the way spaceship earth used to be (different ending?) can anybody give me an idea of what it used to be like? Thanks

NADisney

The finale segment as you ride down backwards in Spaceship Earth , displayed children laughing , playing, learning and growing on big and small video monitors to the song -Tomorrow's Child . The attraction would end in the Communicor- a large guest relations room with a small counter in the middle where you could get info on EPCOT Center.

Along the back walls where Touch screen video-twoway camera monitors presented by Bellsouth Inc. ,you could look at the pavillions ,shop and dining-menu items. The twoway cameras where used to talk with a host or hostess about dinning reservations within the World Showcase pavillions.

Above the Touch screens was Five Large screen tv's ,that showcased Future World pavillions .
:)

Cosmo

i also seem to remember that there was a spaceship/shuttle and an astronaut floating in space as you "returned to earth"..anyone else remember that?

Brer Bear

Spaceship Earth

Originally posted by Cosmo
i also seem to remember that there was a spaceship/shuttle and an astronaut floating in space as you "returned to earth"..anyone else remember that?

I agree Cosmo, I also remember that astronaut/spaceship scene very well. No matter how many times I ride Spaceship Earth I never get sick of it, it's my favorite ride:D

Main Street USA

No doubt that both the astronaut and the spaceship were there. Wlater kronkite was better for the narration in my opinion. He has that official sound to his voice. THe ending now seems to consist of nothing much more than a bunch of light effects. Which I might add also seem to be subpar for Disney standards.

Dizknee_Phreek

i gotta admit...i really like the ending now. i love the music they play for it. and i like the light effects too! they're kinda cool! but, on the other hand, not EXTREMELY imaginative.

DigitalDisney

The old ending was quite cheesy.

Future-classroom scene: Cosmo is correct. This scene used to have a big spaceship and an astronaut floating overhead.

Rain-clouds scene: This scene used to have a bunch of weird kaleidoscope-like projections (where the rainclouds are now).

The city of communications and real-time video-conferencing: This scene used to be a big computer-ish area. The walls looked like circuit boards, and fiber optics that represented electrons zoomed by the cars. Scattered throughout this section were more projections of futuristic displays like thermal imaging, etc.

The backward tunnel: The right side of this used to have a mirror so you could see yourself with a never-ending array of lights behind you.

At some point, I'll put video of this on my site. I've got the whole version with Mr. Cronkite as the narrarator.

General Grizz

Interesting! Thanks for the info!

There was even ANOTHER version of Spaceship Earth before the Walter Cronkite version. :D

BTW. I love your DIGITAL-DISNEY site!

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Interesting! Thanks for the info!

There was even ANOTHER version of Spaceship Earth before the Walter Cronkite version. :D

BTW. I love your DIGITAL-DISNEY site!

Speaking of his site, any plans for future updates to it?

Rider

The spaceship is still in the classroom scene. If you turn around you can see it. It is painted black, as to not be noticed.

I guess it was too big to take out.

DigitalDisney

Speaking of his site, any plans for future updates to it?
Unfortunately, Real-Life (c) is getting in the way of all of my projects at the moment. I'm slowly working on a massive update / redesign to the site which will include an improved layout as well as thousands of new photos.

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Originally posted by DigitalDisney
Unfortunately, Real-Life (c) is getting in the way of all of my projects at the moment. I'm slowly working on a massive update / redesign to the site which will include an improved layout as well as thousands of new photos.

Great, I know the sound of that is appreciated by many around here who love your site. Can't wait to see the new site.

Brer Bear

I agree with everyone else, great site Digital Disney. It's the biggest collection of Disney Videos that I have found on the net.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom