The Official Kingdom WDW Update

Kingdom WDW

Original Poster
Back from the Walt Disney World Resort with news!

Sorry if some of this material has been posted in other threads.

Here we go! Off to Neverland!

-Mystery box at Sago Cay at Grand Flo....

-A High School Musical-inspired show is running at the Galaxy Palace Theatre in Tomorrowland :hurl:

-Work at the Contemporary DVC/Suites is getting done, and there is a traffic barrier by the Contemp that says "Farah" (Persumably a construction company). Ring a bell? Anyone?

-I saw an excavator and a construction crew from the monorail by where they keep the Electrical Water Paegant in that canal.

-Test Track Fastpasses closed!!!!!:mad: :mad:

-A crane was visible from the Sunset Blvd area by Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.

-In another DS event, I saw a police dog and Disney security surrounding a family and a crying kid. I did not see paramedics, but the security was talking to the kid and his dad kept nodding his head.

-A lady told us that a person died on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. We speculated this and do not believe it to be true.

-The Mystery Box by the Resort Monorail entrance is still there, and another mystery box has popped up by the boat entrance.

-Splash and Space Mountain were closed for some parts of Wednesday morning.

-Smoke was visible from West of World Drive but disappeared after Sunday night's thunderstorm. Smoke was also smellable from the Grand Flo and there was haze.

-Corbin Bleu, star of Disney Channel's Jump In, Disney's High School Musical, and Flight 29 Down was seen at Typhoon Lagoon Monday for filming a Disney 365-like advertisment for Disney water parks. He was joined by a horde of teenage fans and went in the wave pool once.

-The lake in the area north of the EPCOT Center seemed to be in the process of draining. Look to your right when riding forward on the monorail coming back from the EPCOT Center.

-New lighting at SSE that is kinda cool, but is an advertisment for Siemens. Look for it after IllumiNations. Also, IllumiNations is now sponsored by Sylvania, a Siemens company.

-Disney PhotoPass CMs were taking pictures of riders as they splashed into the pool at Crush 'n' Gusher. Riders were then given a wristband with an ID to check there photos later online.

Until the next time I go to WDW,
~Kingdom WDW

Pix coming soon!

Space Mountain

-Corbin Bleu, star of Disney Channel's Jump In, Disney's High School Musical, and Flight 29 Down was seen at Typhoon Lagoon Monday for filming a Disney 365-like advertisment for Disney water parks.

I was lucky enough to be filmed :D

The photopass CM's are also in the kiddie area. I think there are some at BB as well. This has been going on for awhile now.

Hope you had a great vacation!

Kingdom WDW

Original Poster
-Corbin Bleu, star of Disney Channel's Jump In, Disney's High School Musical, and Flight 29 Down was seen at Typhoon Lagoon Monday for filming a Disney 365-like advertisment for Disney water parks.

I was lucky enough to be filmed :D

The photopass CM's are also in the kiddie area. I think there are some at BB as well. This has been going on for awhile now.

Hope you had a great vacation!

I did, and thank you! Look for a trip report soon. =)

And by the way, congrats on being filmed! I'll look for screaming fans =)

the-reason14

Thanks for the update, hope to see you in the 365 thing, of course I wont know its you, but if it is, Im pretty sure something will pop up here. lol:)

Oh yea, Corbin Bleu- High School Musical-Jump in :hurl: :rolleyes: :hurl:

darthjohnny

Thanks for the update.

I wonder what they were filming at Typhoon Lagoon. Probably to promote the new movie.

I don't really care about Corbin Bleu, though.

Now, Vanessa Hudgens on the other hand....:D

boo52

-A High School Musical-inspired show is running at the Galaxy Palace Theatre in Tomorrowland :hurl:

-I saw an excavator and a construction crew from the monorail by where they keep the Electrical Water Paegant in that canal.

-A lady told us that a person died on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. We speculated this and do not believe it to be true.

Pretty sure Galaxy stage is going to be demolished around October. The seating will remain but they will be bringing in a temporary stage in November for Mickey's TWAS. After that the theater is supposed to be shuttered for a future project.

The construction stuff by the canal is that they are cutting firebreak lines all around MK.

The R&R Coaster death was in Paris.

jmuboy

Future project in TL?.......another play ground? Certainly WDW isn't going to waste their money on a new quality ride for the MK?

ilovepluto23

Someone died on the RnR in Paris, not Orlando. But it is true.

AEfx

If I remember correctly, I think a boy about 12 or 13 years old had some kind of medical emergency on RnRc last summer at WDW. I don't think he died on the ride itself, but he did die at the hospital a while later. I'm thinking maybe it was a seizure or aneurysm? He passed out in the middle of the ride. People are probably getting confused b/c of that.

AEfx

If I remember correctly, I think a boy about 12 or 13 years old had some kind of medical emergency on RnRc last summer at WDW. I don't think he died on the ride itself, but he did die at the hospital a while later. I'm thinking maybe it was a seizure or aneurysm? He passed out in the middle of the ride. People are probably getting confused b/c of that.

Yes, there has been previous death on the Orlando RnR. I believe the OP encountered a rumor at WDW that probably began when someone heard on the news, etc. that there was a death on the Rock'N'Rollercoaster, and didn't catch that it was in Paris and not here.

I should have said, "the new Death was in Paris, not Orlando." ;)

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom