The Next Evolution of FP...

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
In your opinion...what should (or would you like) be the next evolution of the FP program ...

Mine would be:

5 Rides, cross-park, no tiers.

Last edited:

goofyyukyuk

In your opinion...what should (or would you like) be the next evolution of the FP program ...

Mine would be:

Unfortunately, as awesome as that would be, I don't think Disney would ever do that bc the most popular rides would be gone and then other people who were late or whatever would get the rides nobody wants fast passes for. I just want Disney to get rid of tiers

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes

Mine would be:

Jim Hill said, at the beginning of FP+, that the end goal was ten experiences per park, per day. Keep in mind that's not ten attractions, but ten experiences including dining reservations, character Greetings, Parade and fireworks viewings, rides... etc.

IanDLBZF

Mine would be open-device support for FP and MM+. By "open-device support" I am referring to capability to support NFC smartphones with a MM+ app installed, EMV contactless chip credit & debit cards linked to a MDE account, ETC.

dyeguy21

What about something like dynamic flow which could drastically reduce wait times?

Sort of similar to touring plans, but everyone is on it. Basically you put in what you want to do for the day and it tells you on the fly the next attraction on your list you should go to and you have the choice to accept now for an immediate "FP" or wait until later. Wait until later sets a window to return to the ride, but also doesn't update the next step so you effectively go into standby mode. It can also include a time you would like to eat for breakfast/lunch so it can tell you to skip a ride and wait til after or sneak it in before you grab a bite and would warn you when your ADRs are coming and triage your rides appropriately. This would also lead into better bus utilization as it would be able to predict how many buses are needed from where to where to get people out of the parks and to other places as effectively as possible.

Given their current capabilities, they should be able to geographically spread out people and send them to a new ride that doesn't require much movement apart from perhaps a starting point that may be a bit of a slog.

So AK you want to do FOP, Navi, Everest and Safari. It sorts out groups the night before to their first ride and notifies them for starting times (again with an option to wait if you dont wanna rope drop) then filters through the cycle and distributes riders as evenly as possible in an attempt to lower wait times and better utilize ride capacity.

Also, for those that are getting into a line that is going to take "too long", if there's a ride they want to go on that has a shorter wait it offers a pass, before getting into line, for another ride that is seeing less utilization with the promise of an FP window later in the day for their current ride which can, again, be accepted or declined.

I think this goes along with the idea that a visit to Disney should be friction-less. You already have a way to not pick up your bags at the airport, not worry about driving, not worry about carrying a credit card, not worrying about purchases on site, etc. This is one of those last portions that carries friction. FP reservations (especially for popular rides) force early morning awakenings, which sometimes end in disappointment. This gets rid of the need for "planning" and you just let the magic of Disney take the wheel. This could better scale people across the park and should allow people to experience more/spend more with less stress which seems alike a win/win.

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

It has to work. Being an IT system, they can easily implement anything, but they have mountains of data that can model what will and won't work.

I think cross park is a bad idea, particularly because people are so bad at planning even at 1 park, there would be a huge uptick in missed times and dissatisfied guests.

I think the current system works beautifully.

DisneyJoe

What about something like dynamic flow which could drastically reduce wait times?

Sort of similar to touring plans, but everyone is on it. Basically you put in what you want to do for the day and it tells you on the fly the next attraction on your list you should go to and you have the choice to accept now for an immediate "FP" or wait until later. Wait until later sets a window to return to the ride, but also doesn't update the next step so you effectively go into standby mode. It can also include a time you would like to eat for breakfast/lunch so it can tell you to skip a ride and wait til after or sneak it in before you grab a bite and would warn you when your ADRs are coming and triage your rides appropriately. This would also lead into better bus utilization as it would be able to predict how many buses are needed from where to where to get people out of the parks and to other places as effectively as possible.

Given their current capabilities, they should be able to geographically spread out people and send them to a new ride that doesn't require much movement apart from perhaps a starting point that may be a bit of a slog.

So AK you want to do FOP, Navi, Everest and Safari. It sorts out groups the night before to their first ride and notifies them for starting times (again with an option to wait if you dont wanna rope drop) then filters through the cycle and distributes riders as evenly as possible in an attempt to lower wait times and better utilize ride capacity.

Also, for those that are getting into a line that is going to take "too long", if there's a ride they want to go on that has a shorter wait it offers a pass, before getting into line, for another ride that is seeing less utilization with the promise of an FP window later in the day for their current ride which can, again, be accepted or declined.

I think this goes along with the idea that a visit to Disney should be friction-less. You already have a way to not pick up your bags at the airport, not worry about driving, not worry about carrying a credit card, not worrying about purchases on site, etc. This is one of those last portions that carries friction. FP reservations (especially for popular rides) force early morning awakenings, which sometimes end in disappointment. This could better scale people across the park and should allow people to experience more/spend more with less stress which seems alike a win/win.

Sounds good, but I think this would take them about 10 years to program and put the proper infrastructure in place.

KraftServices

I think this goes along with the idea that a visit to Disney should be friction-less. You already have a way to not pick up your bags at the airport, not worry about driving, not worry about carrying a credit card, not worrying about purchases on site, etc. This is one of those last portions that carries friction. FP reservations (especially for popular rides) force early morning awakenings, which sometimes end in disappointment. This gets rid of the need for "planning" and you just let the magic of Disney take the wheel. This could better scale people across the park and should allow people to experience more/spend more with less stress which seems alike a win/win.

Heck having an app that plans your day for you in the parks would be great even without the fast pass part. You select what stuff you really want to do, rank them in order of most want to least want, and even have an option to put in a time range, and the app uses the wait time data to figure out where you should go next, also suggesting stuff that's not on your list. That's be a really successful app if anyone could program it.

dyeguy21

Not to say I told you so....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom