The Next Disney Vacation Club Resort Announced

JEANYLASER

i can't wait to see the new Disney vacation club in Animal Kingdom lodge. Oh! one more thing where is the Disney vacation club be the next door to the Animal Kingdom lodge.

minnie61650

This link is to a permit granted to Disney for water management of the construction trailer site at the old landing strip. They refer to the project as DVC @ the Contemporary.

http://my.sfwmd.gov/cmsdk/content/i...sAndStaffReports/060713-12_StaffRpt_38514.pdf

It has been reported that the parking lot in the fenced off area around the North Wing is being torn up.

I had posted that one plausible theory (rumor) I read is that the STOL (short take off landing strip) is going to used to bring in and store the heavy equipment and materials that will be needed for the new building at CR.

Here are detailed satellite views of the STOL:

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?...1&scene=5219839

Are they going to build a new DVC tower at the CR?
What are your thoughts?<!-- / message -->

Main Street USA

This link is to a permit granted to Disney for water management of the construction trailer site at the old landing strip. They refer to the project as DVC @ the Contemporary.

http://my.sfwmd.gov/cmsdk/content/i...sAndStaffReports/060713-12_StaffRpt_38514.pdf

It has been reported that the parking lot in the fenced off area around the North Wing is being torn up.

I had posted that one plausible theory (rumor) I read is that the STOL (short take off landing strip) is going to used to bring in and store the heavy equipment and materials that will be needed for the new building at CR.

Here are detailed satellite views of the STOL:

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?...1&scene=5219839

Are they going to build a new DVC tower at the CR?
What are your thoughts?<!-- / message -->
I would swear I've been saying this all along. I've posted it several times that it was a certainty based on the evidence BEFORE what you just posted. All of the info about the STOLport being used as a staging area for the Contemporary DVC was posted a LONG time ago.

Maybe NOW people will start to get the hint that DVC is coming to the Contemporary and drop the "if".

Scooter

I would swear I've been saying this all along. I've posted it several times that it was a certainty based on the evidence BEFORE what you just posted. All of the info about the STOLport being used as a staging area for the Contemporary DVC was posted a LONG time ago.

Maybe NOW people will start to get the hint that DVC is coming to the Contemporary and drop the "if".

I STILL don't believe it and I refuse to believe it and until I hear an official announcement by The Disney Corporation, it's still just all rumors.

Main Street USA

I STILL don't believe it and I refuse to believe it and until I hear an official announcement by The Disney Corporation, it's still just all rumors.
I'll be sure to bring the thread back when it's built. ;) You can call it "rumor" all you like. Just because you don't know, doesn't mean it isn't true.

stings

Same engineering consultant as DVC had for "Eagle Pines"

In reading the South Florida Water Mgmt. Districts documents I noticed that one of the external distribution parties of the document was "DRMP, Inc.". On their website they list as one of their prior projects the "Eagle Pines Resort" at WDW. There is then a detailed description of the "DVC" resort size, acreage, etc..

In all of the posts I have read on the various sites regarding the Contempoary DVC building this is the first where I have seen actual permits and Florida State Govt. acknowledgment of this project.

Given that Disney is using this 2.89 acre parcel, the STOL landing strip, as a "construction trailer compound" in conjunction with the architectural rendering of the 15(?) story building that was revealed by "Tink" back in August it appears to me that this is indeed the next DVC after AKL. The start-up/completion time for a project of this size could well be 3-4 years. which would put it in line to begin sales as DVC/AKL are their last stages of sales.

What do the rest of you think?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well, taking the timeline given to the Contemporary CM's into account, that they were told North Wing was being demolished (to happen right about now - which it is) and that they were to give any guests that asked for it an ashtray because there was no reason to try and preserve the rooms anymore.

And the ashtray thing never happened with the south wing or the tower rooms..

It sounds silly, but adding that to the other factors, it sounds like the DVC is a solid plan. Disney intends to build it. Aside from unforseen circumstance (like 9/11 stopping Pop from being finished for example - they intended to finish the resort originally, there are half-built buildings) the DVC @ Contemporary will get built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom