The new summer discount, quite small I would say

Shellylynn6974

Original Poster
Just looked at the discounts for AoA for the first week in June and the discount was amounting to, wait for it, a whopping 6.5%!!!!! for a suite.

SAV

Well, I was looking off-site until the discount came out and now it is a bit cheaper to stay on-site. So to me it's not anything to complain about. And I'll get the on-site FP+ window, so it's a win-win for us.

mdubm

We got a good deal with Deluxe as well (YC and Poly). We are doing a split stay. The discount is the only way we would be able to stay in the deluxe as we are more value/moderate people with our budget. Try some other options, unless you really must have the family suite. In that case, check All Star Music or even the Junior Suites at Coronado Springs.

Tk0021

We were looking for the room discount as well, but ended up going with renting points. We are staying at animal kingdom for a fraction of the cost. We are lucky that we have friends that own points and we are renting some off of them , but they didn't have enough so we are also renting from a rental site.

Cosmic Commando

They just spent hundreds of millions of dollars in Animal Kingdom to try and convince people to come. I wouldn't be surprised if the discounts were stingier than normal for at least the rest of the year.

wannabeBelle

Just looked at the discounts for AoA for the first week in June and the discount was amounting to, wait for it, a whopping 6.5%!!!!! for a suite.
Also remember the discount is only on the room portion of the cost of your package. That might account for the low number. Take out the cost of theme park passes and dining plan (if you have those) and see what the math adds up to then. Values are typically in the 10-15% range though. Marie

wdwfan22

The amount of the resort savings has always been resort and room type specific. So you have to play around with it to get the best savings amount. Last year for example after playing with our dates Polynesian Club level was a better value then Polynesian Garden view room for the dates with the promotion. This year while the Grand Floridian's savings were not as great as last year, however we still saved over $1700 from the rack rate we were previously booked at.

If you had made the booking prior to the ticket cost upgrade the discount is miniscule because you now have to pay the increased ticket prices. The discounts are much better if you are comparing it to the package prices after the ticket increase.

slappy magoo

Yeah I've seen times when AoA has no discounts at all while the other Values still do. Demand might be waning (especially since the standard Little Mermaid rooms tend to be more expensive than other similarly sized rooms at other Values), but they're still more highly desired than the other Values right now.

Tk0021

Just got a code as well. Actually they sent the email without the code and had to resend it with the code. Haha.

MickeyMomV

If you had made the booking prior to the ticket cost upgrade the discount is miniscule because you now have to pay the increased ticket prices. The discounts are much better if you are comparing it to the package prices after the ticket increase.
This is VERY true! A couple of trips back we booked in February to go in October. When I called back a couple of months later to add the promotion I would have had to pay an extra $50 to $60 to add the package that was the exact items I already had on my reservation (Park Hoppers, AS Resort, and dining plan). Needless to say we kept it the way we had it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom