The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

rioriz

Entertainment maybe....american history in general....which is what your orginal post elduded to....no.

Well then let's go back...opinions are great and you obviously will not agree with mine. But I will stand by the Muppets being able to tell stories of American History in a way that will be amicable. I'm not the biggest Muppet fan by far (never seen the show on ABC), but this show could be a hit and the only people who won't like it are the ones not giving it a chance. I hate FatF, but I'm gonna give it a chance when it opens next year.

One of the most famous pieces American history was told by the Muppets successfully and is played year after year each Christmas.

I understand Magenta as they have shown a dislike for Muppets forever. So he is at least consistent.

Also Muppets being used to tell American history is consistent also...are those against this idea consistent that the Fab 5 should never appear in patriotic wear in LS or AA?

Maybe it would suffice with Washington and Lincoln Muppets doing an outside pre-show....

Magenta Panther

Well then let's go back...opinions are great and you obviously will not agree with mine. But I will stand by the Muppets being able to tell stories of American History in a way that will be amicable. I'm not the biggest Muppet fan by far (never seen the show on ABC), but this show could be a hit and the only people who won't like it are the ones not giving it a chance. I hate FatF, but I'm gonna give it a chance when it opens next year.

One of the most famous pieces American history was told by the Muppets successfully and is played year after year each Christmas.

I understand Magenta as they have shown a dislike for Muppets forever. So he is at least consistent.

Also Muppets being used to tell American history is consistent also...are those against this idea consistent that the Fab 5 should never appear in patriotic wear in LS or AA?

Maybe it would suffice with Washington and Lincoln Muppets doing an outside pre-show....

Look, if Mickey and the gang were to do a show in Liberty Square about American History, I'd think it was tacky. If Mickey and Minnie in early-American garb did a meet-and-greet inside of the Hall of Presidents, I'd think it was tacky. They have been in Liberty Tree Tavern, but that's a restaurant. And I don't think they appear there anymore anyway, do they?

And what American history as-told-by-Muppets are you referring to? At Christmas? Are you talking about the Muppets Christmas Carol? Because that's set in London, England. :confused:

TangledUpInKnots

This was a thread I read moments after it started, laughed it off, and didn't check it again. Then I kept noticing it wasn't dying and it was still being commented on, and I thought okay I'll go read the jokes, only to see it's not jokes, but real discussion about this. I can't decide whether to laugh or cry or maybe even be a bit excited? I do love my muppets, but liberty square? Um, okay? Not completely random, and yet, I ask why? Until I know what they are planning (if they are planning) I guess I'll just keep reading and scratching my head and wait to hear the next bizarre rumor/news.

rioriz

You have a point in the London setting however A Christmas Carole was inspired by English and American culture (look it up).

Anyways I know who in voting for in this crazy political year
latest

FigmentForver96

Just because they told some stories abou American history doesn't mean they are a big part of American history.

I really like the Muppets, I really do. I'm glad they are looking into making a mini-land at Hollywood Studios, but The Muppets are not really a big part of American history as much as entertainment culture.

rael ramone

A reason why they might want to make Gonzo President #45....

The parks aren't there just to gouge guests. (OK, that's rough...IMHO they are still a net positive for me at this point, though it can change).

It's to promote IP as well.

They probably think the Muppets need help to become more popular than they are. Burbank may want want to use this as 'synergy' for them to have a presence in it's most popular East Coast park, to get more demand for Muppet Product. Perhaps even paid for with monies from another division (Media or Film) as a promotional expense (didn't Film pay for the monorail wraps?).

Of course, I don't know if they understand the concept of Negative Promotion - like putting IP in a place deemed by guests as inappropriate and/or unwelcome may make them hate the IP and do the opposite.

PhotoDave219

A reason why they might want to make Gonzo President #45....

The parks aren't there just to gouge guests. (OK, that's rough...IMHO they are still a net positive for me at this point, though it can change).

It's to promote IP as well.

They probably think the Muppets need help to become more popular than they are. Burbank may want want to use this as 'synergy' for them to have a presence in it's most popular East Coast park, to get more demand for Muppet Product. Perhaps even paid for with monies from another division (Media or Film) as a promotional expense (didn't Film pay for the monorail wraps?).

Of course, I don't know if they understand the concept of Negative Promotion - like putting IP in a place deemed by guests as inappropriate and/or unwelcome may make them hate the IP and do the opposite.

Well that would mean they actually understood the Theme Parks..... which I've yet to see current management (2004+) show proof of understanding.

rael ramone

Well that would mean they actually understood the Theme Parks..... which I've yet to see current management (2004+) show proof of understanding.

Picture a clueless exec. seeing on Youtube a bonfire of angry DVC'ers burning a pile of GOTG and/or Muppet product because of it possibly desecrating beloved attractions 'Well, I guess they'll be buying new copies of all that...goodie!'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom