The Mummy might outdue Disney's Mt Everest ?

Security

Originally posted by imagineer99
I'm 18, so I know that the average teenager only wants thrills. That's about it....thrills. For this reason, USO appeals to this audience due the inclusion of so many thrill rides.

A true theme park experience should not be based on poorly themed roller coasters with exposed metal intanglements everywhere (i.e. hulk). Instead, it should transport the guest to a different world. Thrills, while great fun, are not the focal point of Disney. Disney holds itself to a much higher standard in terms of an overall experience.

In my opinion, the best rides in Disney have little if any thrill in them. Shows like the American Adventure, prove that heart and imagination is what counts--not the fact that you can travel from 0-60 in 2 sec.

Don't get me wrong I love thrill rides, but I think in this high speed generation all anyone cares about is how fast or thrilling something is. People have lost sight of what is truly inspiring.
That to me is just plain sad.

Ok well see frankly I'm not an adrenaline junkie like most of the people who want the thrills and chills of a high speed coaster. I mean some is good, but I don't want to go as low as the snow white ride, very boring, somehting with moderate speed and things is good, but I dont want to stoop to the peter pan ride.
And DDuckFan I'm not 14...I'm 15:D

Legacy

Originally Posted By DDuckFan130-
At least you guys are handling yourselves with a bit more maturity than other USO aficionados. I'm guessing you are NOT 14 right?
Me? I'm 13... plus seven.

That, and I like to think that my experiences working with both companies gives me a deeper insight into what makes both companies tick. Now, Disney is an amazing experience, but what a lot of people forget is that it has been around for 30 years. Uni though, has been around for a little over 13. Given that comparison, I think Universal is doing one heck of a job with its lot in life. I love going to Disney, and I always will, but I think that for me, right now, Universal is the more relevant and 'now' of the two. I think Disney is learning things from Uni, just as Uni is learning from Disney and it is that trade-off that is making Orlando as great as it is.

(and Mission: SPACE is over-rated)

Security

Well see for me, every once in a while I'll want to go to WDW so bad, I then go and get my fill and I'll be set for a long time, but with USO I always want to go!:D

DDuckFan130

And DDuckFan I'm not 14...I'm 15

ohh :lol:. And I can understand you're thinking Peter Pan and Snow White are boring. Hey, I find Snow White a snoozer myself. Peter Pan I like that we can "fly" but I won't waste a FastPass nor 70 minutes to wait for this ride. I'll ride it if we have time or have done everything else. However, I do like the Pooh ride so it's all a matter of everyone's tastes.

Well see for me, every once in a while I'll want to go to WDW so bad, I then go and get my fill and I'll be set for a long time, but with USO I always want to go!

I used to be like that with USO, especially when we had our annual passes. I used to die to go to both. But now I'm more about Disney. I do wanna go back to USO though to get my fix :lol:

Security

lol, well thanks for agreeing with me. I mean lets wait 70 minutes with a bunch of screaming little kids wee and then ride a ride that I will most likely sleep on but anyway, I mean I just have converted over to USO. I mean like a year ago I was a WDW nut and I was there almost every weekend, no joke.:D

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Originally posted by imagineer99
I don't think you are giving M:S enough credit...where else in the world can you ride a motion simulator attached to a centrifuge? Again, I'm not dissing Spiderman. Frankly, it was just not my cup of tea. I prefer a well thought out story...not some mad dash through a city with some vaguely familar characters flying through. Plus, not to mention that every instant I was in IoA, I felt like a WDW traitor. I could barely look Mickey in the eye when I got back to Disney ground!:lol:

However, I did enjoy the Jurrassic Park ride.

Nemo, thanks for the info on that one ride. It's amazing that such a simple concept could be so complicated.

Hey...no problem!:D

Now, don't get me wrong. I really love M:S (not as much as I loved Horizons though:cry: ) but to me, it's not that 'ride' which is something you just HAVE to wait 100 minutes to ride. First-timers will do that, but when you've done about 30-something rides on it, it's just not thrilling anymore and no longer worth the wait.

BTW, IMO the worst-themed ride is Dueling Dragons. Great coaster, but poorly themed. The queue is incredible, but after that it's just another coaster. At least HULK has a few surprises, a good queue, and the launch through the tunnel which is at least something. Dr. Doom's Fearfall isn't great either, but the queue is. But then again, how can you actually theme a free-fall attraction (well, other than putting it into a deserted Hollywood hotel from the 1930's)?

imagineer99

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Hey...no problem!:D

Now, don't get me wrong. I really love M:S (not as much as I loved Horizons though:cry: ) but to me, it's not that 'ride' which is something you just HAVE to wait 100 minutes to ride. First-timers will do that, but when you've done about 30-something rides on it, it's just not thrilling anymore and no longer worth the wait.
B]

yeah, I know exactly what your saying. Since you live in Florida, you get to go to the parks so much more frequently than I do. I'm sure I would be "Mission: Spaced" out if I rode it as frequently as you do. I only rode it once (last July during guest previews) so I really want to go on it again....

I guess I'll just have to wait for my birthday (July 31st) to ride it again!:sohappy:

When I go in July, I have two main goals:

1.) See Philharmagic
2.) Find Patrick doing an update and take a picture of him taking a picture for said update.

Security

Mission Space is a very cool attraction. When they had AP holders sneak peek thing I was able to go onto Mission Space 20 times in a row with little or no wait. I was "Mission Spaced" out. BTW Not to burst your bubble but Phillharmagic REALLY isn't all it is cracked up to be. The commercials and stuff make it so much more exciting then it truly is. I was truly bored.:snore:

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by Security
BTW Not to burst your bubble but Phillharmagic REALLY isn't all it is cracked up to be. The commercials and stuff make it so much more exciting then it truly is. I was truly bored.:snore:

:eek: Sorry Security time to stop having your back :lol: I loved Philarmagic! Not just because I'm a Donald freak, but it was a cute show and funny. Oh well.

dxwwf3

Not to burst your bubble but Phillharmagic REALLY isn't all it is cracked up to be. The commercials and stuff make it so much more exciting then it truly is. I was truly bored.:snore:

Yep I gotta disagree with ya here too. I think Philharmagic is every bit as good (if not better) than Shrek 4-D or any other 3-D film (I don't count T2-3D because it's not fair to compare a simple 3-D show to something like that).

Security

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Yep I gotta disagree with ya here too. I think Philharmagic is every bit as good (if not better) than Shrek 4-D or any other 3-D film (I don't count T2-3D because it's not fair to compare a simple 3-D show to something like that).

See in my opinion Shrek was 10x better then Philharmagic. It was quite boring and seemed short. I mean yes the smell of the Apple Pie sure was good but thats about the only thing I can honestly say I enjoyed about it.

dxwwf3

See in my opinion Shrek was 10x better then Philharmagic. It was quite boring and seemed short. I mean yes the smell of the Apple Pie sure was good but thats about the only thing I can honestly say I enjoyed about it.

That's fine. I do like Shrek too. I think the best part of Philharmagic was the bottles popping. I think that is the best 3-D effect I've ever seen (that and the pumpkin bombs on Spidy).

Security

I don't remember the bottles popping, what went on like what kinda special effects took place during that. Those exploding pumpkins rocked! The flames on the side of the building was cool.

dxwwf3

I don't remember the bottles popping, what went on like what kinda special effects took place during that.

It is during the Be Our Guest scene. It is basically the same effect as the quils from It's Tough To Be A Bug, but I like it in Philharmagic better. It's only wind and lighting but with great 3-D as well. I think it's the 3-D effect I've seen, IMO.

Legacy

I hated Shrek. I thought it was the least thought-out tie-in with a movie since... well... since anything. It was too short, not original, and really lacked the over-all fun of the movie. I would rather wait an hour for Jimmy Neutron than walk on Shrek. So much more couldv'e been done with the property than what they did.

I miss Alfie...

Security

See I thought Shrek was much better then Jimmu Neurton. Jimmy Neutron is boring. The old Hannah Barbera was so much better, it should have never left, but Shrek is good, but JN is just blah.

Theresonly1

I didn't read this whole thread, it seems to have drifted off the subject of the mummy & everst, but IMO, having just returned from riding the Mummy, Disney won't have to try too hard to be better than it...In Fact I think IASW is Better than the Mummy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom