Trip Report The Most Amazing Disneyland Trip

Before I get into the details, I want to make sure it is ok to post a Disneyland Trip Report here. It includes some amazing details that only a few people outside of Disney have ever experienced. I think it contains things that all Disney lovers would appreciate hearing. Let me know if it is ok to post.

I'll give a spoiler:

I got to enter the Disney Archives in Burbank!!

fractal

Before I get into the details, I want to make sure it is ok to post a Disneyland Trip Report here. It includes some amazing details that only a few people outside of Disney have ever experienced. I think it contains things that all Disney lovers would appreciate hearing. Let me know if it is ok to post.

I'll give a spoiler:

I got to enter the Disney Archives in Burbank!!

I posted my DL trip report here. Would love to see yours.

dizneycraig

Original Poster
Ok, So I will do this in parts since I am pretty tired.

Background first:

My wife won a trip from IHeart Radio to attend the movie premier of Teen Beach 2. We were all very excited when we heard about this fantastic opportunity. The trip included roundtrip airfare for four, hotel accommodations, attendance at the premier, a private tour of the Disney studios in Burbank, tickets to Disneyland and California Adventure with a 6 hour VIP tour, and a gift card.

Let me say first how great the people at Iheart Radio, Disney and Disney Channel are. They are first class all the way. They made us feel so welcome and special. They were truly excited to be a part of this wonderful experience for us.

We arrived in California a few days before the premier so we could tour LA and experience the west coast. Burbank was great. The Best Western in Burbank was a great hotel. The people that worked there were very nice. The beds were some of the best I have ever slept in.

The big day was the 22nd. We started the day by driving to Walt's home on Lyric Avenue. We snapped some photos of ourselves in front of his home and got ourselves into the mindset of walking in Walt's steps. We spent some time in the area and then headed back to the hotel to get ready for our big night.

We arrived at Disney Studios in the early afternoon. We parked on studio property and proceeded to the Disney store to meet one of the Disney representatives along with our tour guide. Before long, we on our way down the paths that Walt, Roy, and many other original employees walked in creating all of the magic we all love today.

This was by far my most favorite part. I felt such a great connection to all of the things that I love about Disney. Our tour guide shared our passion and made it that much better.

(Continue tomorrow, sorry but I flew a red eye and need some sleep.

LisaBelle

I am so excited to read this! Congratulations on winning the trip. Glad to hear that you were so impressed with all the parties involved. I am definitely following along!

dizneycraig

Original Poster
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to the report.

We started down Mickey Avenue. We walked by the commissary where they still serve Walt’s favorite chili and beans. Our guide pointed out the many details of the buildings that Walt used when he designed the studio. It included the details of how Walt used lighting for the animation rooms. We approached the Michael D. Eisner building, also known as “The Seven Dwarves Building.” We walked through the Disney Legends Plaza. It was amazing to see and touch the legends handprints. In the plaza is one of three Disney Partners statue. We were able to get our picture with the statue. The statue is completely accessible. It was awesome to stand right next to Walt and Mickey.

We then headed to the Frank G. Wells building. This was one of my favorite parts. This is the building that houses the Disney archives.
I was totally shocked that we were allowed to enter this sacred room. I felt as if I was about to meet Walt Disney. When we walked into the room it was like walking into a vault filled with diamonds and jewels. We saw an original animation desk. We saw all of the Disney books that have ever been printed. We saw many original artifacts from Disney Movies and Walt’s Desk. There were many original script ideas and drawings on display. One of the highlights was getting to hold an original Disney Oscar. I was amazed at how heavy it was. We got some amazing photos in this room. It was by far the most Disney magic I have ever felt or experienced.

We left the archives and headed out to the lobby. We saw one on the original Multi-Pane cameras that was used to create such great Disney movies.

More to come.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom