The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

TP2000

Haha No. I suspect it’ll be around for a while but you have to wonder if they’ll tinker with it. I can’t imagine they like the park empty in the evening. Especially on days they close at midnight.

Tokyo Disneyland has special "Starlight Tickets" that get you into the park after 6pm for a discount.

They should offer those types of evening tickets to the public. I know Disneyland used to offer them for conventions at the Anaheim Convention Center, but you couldn't buy one if you didn't have a credential for the specific convention.

PiratesMansion

Haha No. I suspect it’ll be around for a while but you have to wonder if they’ll tinker with it. I can’t imagine they like the park empty in the evening. Especially on days they close at midnight.
WDW dropped reservations for everyone except keyholders in January I believe, AND also dropped parkhopping restrictions.

No reason why they couldn't/shouldn't do the same thing in CA.

mickEblu

Original Poster
WDW dropped reservations for everyone except keyholders in January I believe, AND also dropped parkhopping restrictions.

Agreed but I don’t think that’ll keep more bodies in the park in the evenings. Not that I want it to be more crowded but it was the local AP’s spontaneously coming at night that were keeping the parks busy later into night.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

1713897326615.png

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
What say you? Should they thin out the trees so the mountain is visible again?

Looks like one was taken from the Main Street Station and the other from the monorail. Is it necessary to see it from those places? The real question is whether it can be seen anymore from within the actual park.

Rumor is that Shanghai Disneyland is getting a Spiderman coaster next to zootopia. Curious to see if this turns out to be true and if we see it at other resorts that have avengers already.

Disney Analyst

Looks like one was taken from the Main Street Station and the other from the monorail. Is it necessary to see it from those places? The real question is whether it can be seen anymore from within the actual park.

According to this poster, it's only really visible from one spot inside the park these days:

PiratesMansion

Given that Tarzan's Treehouse is clearly visible in the background, this is clearly not a picture from anytime super recently. Nor have the current restrictions really made the meaningful difference in capacity Disney has claimed they have.

The reservation policies are guest-unfriendly and so is the parkhopping restriction-which probably doesn't even accomplish much to begin with, as I doubt most people seriously consider parkhopping before then. Given the negative press in Disney's direction, they could do worse than reverse those unpopular policies, yes?

brb1006

Since Donald Duck will be turning 90 two months from now. Tokyo Disneyland just recently debuted a limited time event called "Quacky Celebration ★ Donald the Legend!" entirely dedicated to Donald Duck as part of "Pal-Palooza".
donalds-quacky-duck-city-disney-pal-palooza-event-series-at-tokyo-disneyland_primary.jpeg

2509_main_visual_name_1.jpg

The parade called "Donald's Quacky Duck City Parade" is super energetic and loops around Cinderella Castle. During the parade, a hype woman (located in Cinderella Castle) walks across the crowd as they encourage guests to cheer and make noise throughout the parade. There's also a hype man on Pete's float that's holding a microphone. The parade also marked Pete's Tokyo debut.

Here's some decent footage from a few weeks back.

The event appears to be a spiritual successor to "Donald's Wacky Kingdom" that was held in 1999.

Glad OLC is keeping the 90s era of Disney's insane and unique parades alive and well. Fitting that it was held during Donald's 90th Anniversary year.

And yes the soundtrack slaps!

After seeing footage of Disney's Easter Wonderland which also looped around World Bazaar and Cinderella Castle. The Japanese sure knows how to throw a party!

Last edited:
In the Parks
No
Since Donald Duck will be turning 90 two months from now. Tokyo Disneyland just recently debuted a limited time event called "Quacky Celebration ★ Donald the Legend!" entirely dedicated to Donald Duck as part of "Pal-Palooza".
View attachment 781349
View attachment 781348

The parade called "Donald's Quacky Duck City Parade" is super energetic and loops around Cinderella Castle. During the parade, a hype woman (located in Cinderella Castle) walks across the crowd as they encourage guests to cheer and make noise throughout the parade. There's also a hype man on Pete's float that's holding a microphone. The parade also marked Pete's Tokyo debut.

Here's some decent footage from a few weeks back.

The event appears to be a spiritual successor to "Donald's Wacky Kingdom" that was held in 1999.

Glad OLC is keeping the 90s era of Disney's insane and unique parades alive and well. Fitting that it was held during Donald's 90th Anniversary year.

And yes the soundtrack slaps!

After seeing footage of Disney's Easter Wonderland which also looped around World Bazaar and Cinderella Castle. The Japanese sure knows how to throw a party!

There's something about hearing Donald Duck speak Japanese that just puts a smile on my face. Just what I needed this morning! Thank you!

brb1006

There's something about hearing Donald Duck speak Japanese that just puts a smile on my face. Just what I needed this morning! Thank you!
According to the parade's soundtrack, the parade and event takes place inside a pleasant dream Donald was having while going out on a date with Daisy. It's more evident in the opening and closing sections of the soundtrack.

For those curious, that's Koichi Yamadera (Donald's current voice actor in Japan) taking over Kei Tomiyama who sounds spot on to Tony Anselmo and Clarance Nash. Previously, Donald used to be voiced by a female Seiyuu up till the 1980s which used to be heard in the Japanese version of The Mickey Mouse Revue.

I also love the heck out of Hiroyuki Nishimoto's performance of The Mad Hatter since it's a super unique and amusing take on the character. My favorite performance would have to be for the Happiness is Here Parade held for Tokyo Disneyland's 30th Anniversary back in 2013.

Unfortunately, Nishimoto passed away in 2015 causing him to get recasted by a different seiyuu which was first heard in the Dreaming Up Parade. Also since 2018, Bill Farmer's performance as Pluto was replaced by a new Japanese voice actor which also debuted in the same parade.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It’s a shot in the dark but does anyone know when they might offer SoCal magic keys again? (or whatever key it’s called)
I think you’re talking about the Imagine key, but there is no telling when it might go on-sale again. Just a guess, but probably not until next year at the soonest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom