The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Disney Analyst

Can someone tell me... what is special about the week of April 8th? Why are there no single day tickets available, and does this indicate it will be a busy week?

Looking at the single day ticket calendar to get a sense of how busy it will be, to pick potential dates for a 4 day trip.

Would love to line our trip up with Wondrous Journey's brief stint... is this all Spring Break related still?

1703205749262.png

AJFireman

Can someone tell me... what is special about the week of April 8th? Why are there no single day tickets available, and does this indicate it will be a busy week?

Looking at the single day ticket calendar to get a sense of how busy it will be, to pick potential dates for a 4 day trip.

Would love to line our trip up with Wondrous Journey's brief stint... is this all Spring Break related still?
I don't normally purchase single day tickets but is this normal that they do not sell tickets for certain days. I noticed December 27 and 28 are Sold Out so it has a slash through it. These days do not. If you buy a multiple day ticket all days are available for reservations. Is Disneyland now not selling single day tickets for certain dates? Or they haven't priced those dates yet until it gets closer?

Disney Irish

Premium Member

View attachment 759867
Maybe its just the Canadian site as this is what it looks like for me when checking, wide open -

1703271231966.png

TP2000

Does the Disneyland Resort have a menorah?

I doubt it. But about 30 years ago they added a Jewish doctor's office to Main Street USA, a Dr. Silverstein. And they put a "mezuzah" on the doorframe, which I had to Google, and it's a little metal Jewish scripture scroll that some Jews put on doorways to "remind them of their observance to God".

Here's a picture (of a very WASPy) tour guide pointing out the mezuzah on a Disneyland guided tour.

mezuzah_h.jpg

Last edited:

TP2000

So, gang, are we all ready for Christmas?!? I am! Today's airport runs are over, the guest rooms are full, the presents are wrapped, the menus are ready, and NORAD is already detecting unusual activity beginning at the North Pole. 🎅🎄

Whether you celebrate Christmas, or if you celebrate Quismoiss instead, from my Grand Foyer to yours I wish you the merriest!

MoonRakerSCM

Today is the LAST day of my penance. Today was only 9 hours on the clock vs. the straight 7 12's I've been doing solid since December 3rd. I celebrated today by taking the afternoon and exploring the island a bit, doing some limited sight seeing, and I snagged a reservation at the famous Mama's Fish House this evening for an end cap to my work here on Maui.

1703314639532.jpeg

Great place, not as fancy as I thought (more layed back/casual), but certainly pricey. Due to the boss man paying for it, I went all out and got every single course and each item was spectacular. I'm not even much of a fish person and my main course was almost life changing. The dessert was a dark chocolate mousse with a passionfruit sauce called the black pearl... even the clamshell wafer was amazing.

1703314675276.jpeg

This was easily one of the top 5 meals I've ever eaten. If y'alls ever go to Maui, try to check this place out. It takes reservations up to 12 months in advance... obviously if you're 1 person like me, it can be easier to get into...

For tomorrow, I tossed in a low ball bid for a first class ticket on my return flight to Long Beach and it got accepted! First time in first class!

Time to be home for the holidays, then WDW in january for the 5k and half marathon, then DL for the 5k and half marathon, then potentially back to Maui if work is still ongoing in mid January!

milhouse.gif

gerarar

Premium Member
Cool offer for anyone looking to get DL tickets. Valid at Target online and in-stores (if you can find the DL giftcard tickets there). Just a note, it's only valid on these day ticket offers/products, not the general Disney giftcards that are usable across WDW and DL and stores/DCL.
Screenshot_20231223_101914_Target.jpg

Phroobar

Does the Disneyland Resort have a menorah?
It used to be in one of the windows on Main Street. It was good to see. I don't know if they still do.

iu

Knotts has a nativity scene which is usually pretty crowded with people taking pictures in front of it. The Snoopy on Ice show still has Linus recite Luke 2 to huge applause. I remember a Kwanzaa display too at Disneyland.

Nland316

A few weeks ago I visited the parks, and was about to board a boat on IASW.

The attraction went down, probably for a total of only 15 minutes, so people were still waiting in line for everything to resume as normal. It definitely wasn’t a noticeably long time.

Not sure what the procedure was, but the CM’s started to evacuate a few boats (not sure about all) during this time in their ordinary structured fashion.

What I witnessed next was pretty appalling and made me feel pretty upset for the CM’s. Guests were taking it into their own hands and exiting the boats themselves without any CM assistance or guidance. This was happening numerous throughout this shutdown time even when guests were being told not to exit the boats. The CM’s were clearly frustrated and stressed while this was happening but this was not changing any guest behavior.

Do people not realize how dumb and dangerous this is? It really upset me, because at the end of the day.. what can CM’s really do to prevent this?

Moral of the story, this is why we can’t have nice things.

mickEblu

Original Poster

The attraction went down, probably for a total of only 15 minutes, so people were still waiting in line for everything to resume as normal. It definitely wasn’t a noticeably long time.

Not sure what the procedure was, but the CM’s started to evacuate a few boats (not sure about all) during this time in their ordinary structured fashion.

What I witnessed next was pretty appalling and made me feel pretty upset for the CM’s. Guests were taking it into their own hands and exiting the boats themselves without any CM assistance or guidance. This was happening numerous throughout this shutdown time even when guests were being told not to exit the boats. The CM’s were clearly frustrated and stressed while this was happening but this was not changing any guest behavior.

Do people not realize how dumb and dangerous this is? It really upset me, because at the end of the day.. what can CM’s really do to prevent this?

Dangerous? Isn’t there a walking path that runs along the exterior flume? I’m assuming you didn’t see people walking out of the show building from load.

Nland316

Dangerous? Isn’t there a walking path that runs along the exterior flume? I’m assuming you didn’t see people walking out of the show building from load.
Exiting an attraction on your own merit though to completely disregard CM directions?

That’s how people get hurt, even on a very simple attraction system like IASW. The boats aren’t stabilized throughout the entire flume, so people shifting weights drastically could end with pretty unnecessary injuries, and we all know who would these injured guests try and blame for their own behavior..

It reminds me of those guests trying to leave POTC on their own during an evac.. it just comes off pretty entitled when everyone is doing their best to make things resume back to normal.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Exiting an attraction on your own merit though to completely disregard CM directions?

That’s how people get hurt, even on a very simple attraction system like IASW. The boats aren’t stabilized throughout the entire flume, so people shifting weights drastically could end with pretty unnecessary injuries, and we all know who would these injured guests try and blame for their own behavior..

It reminds me of those guests trying to leave POTC on their own during an evac.. it just comes off pretty entitled when everyone is doing their best to make things resume back to normal.

I just wanted to get a clear picture of the incident.

Considering you saw numerous people getting out without anyone getting injured I’m going to say that it wasn’t dangerous* - at least for the people you saw exiting the boats along the exterior flume. With that said, listening to the CMs in these situations is probably in one’s best interest.

*although the gap between the boat and path in the picture below is wider than I imagined. At least in this location.

028E6FF1-1C62-4EA4-B7AE-AC47A8B67AC0.jpeg

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

This is the sort of behavior that will result in those boats getting lap bars some day, slowing everything down and making the ride experience less pleasant for all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom