The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh vs The Cat in the Hat

Better ride?

• Total voters

OG Runner

I voted for Winnie the Pooh only because I like the characters a little more. I am sure though all of the authors,
on both sides were on drugs, coming up with Thing #1 & Thing #2 and Hufflelumps and Woozles. :D

Animaniac93-98

Both attractions are book report rides that opened the same year (1999), but Cat in the Hat is better both in terms of being a ride and telling a complete story.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
I'd also have to say it's a tie, but Cat in the Hat would have won if it retained the original spinning. Many of the scenes were meant to be observed while spinning and it's somewhat obvious.
Yes, why did they get rid of the original spinning?

Also, doesn’t it look like in most scenes now, that it was made to spin?

Tom Morrow

Yes, why did they get rid of the original spinning?

Also, doesn’t it look like in most scenes now, that it was made to spin?

A kid fell out of the vehicle a long time ago and the solution was to reduce the spinning. Actually I want to say they removed it completely for a while and had the cars face forward the entire time, but eventually they added some rotating back in. The issue is that the cars should still rotate throughout, even if slowly, because the scenes are designed with smaller focal points for the vehicle to target it's focus on in between larger sections of no focal points where you would originally spin. In addition, the scenes are big by default to accommodate the spinning. The result is that the ride feels somewhat big, empty, and warehouse-y.

Not that it's a huge issue for Cat in the Hat, by any means. But in my opinion, the biggest dark ride sin is to feel too big and warehouse-y. Many newer dark rides have this issue, especially most trackless rides.

Last edited:

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
A kid fell out of the vehicle a long time ago and the solution was to reduce the spinning. Actually I want to say they removed it completely for a while and had the cars face forward the entire time, but eventually they added some rotating back in. The issue is that the cars should still rotate throughout, even if slowly, because the scenes are designed with smaller focal points for the vehicle to target it's focus on in between larger sections of no focal points where you would originally spin. In addition, the scenes are big by default to accommodate the spinning. The result is that the ride feels somewhat big, empty, and warehouse-y.

Not that it's a huge issue, by any means. In my opinion, the biggest dark ride sin is to feel too big and warehouse-y. Many newer dark rides have this issue, especially most trackless rides.
Fascinating, was that ever on the news or an article about that kid that fell out? Did the spinning make him fall off or did he try to get out during it? I agree with how now it makes the ride feel more big and empty with nothing to look at, where spinning normally would be.

Interesting if they had no spinning at one point. They should at least make a vehicle with the original spinning, and one for those who don’t want to.

EPCOTCenterLover

While Cat in the Hat's style matches the book as it should, I find the emptiness of surroundings in the scenes to contribute to a feeling of blandness.

lebeau

I was initially underwhelmed by both rides but every spin we take on Cat in the Hat makes me like it just a little more.

JoeCamel

While Cat in the Hat's style matches the book as it should, I find the emptiness of surroundings in the scenes to contribute to a feeling of blandness.
Right, just as the doctor intended to help young minds focus on the meaning of the story and not be distracted by the fluff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom