The Imagineering Break Room

spacemt354

Chili's
Both. We definitely are going to try that one, but we also want to do at least one (maybe 2) of the signatures on property, and my parents think that that's a good day to do it. Do you have any ideas:p.
Blue Bayou is way overpriced so I wouldn't recommend that (granted we did that for lunch thinking it would be lunch prices and instead it's just the dinner menu - which is still too much)

Other than that and Flo's I don't remember eating much other than a churro on Main Street haha -- too busy riding everything that isn't at WDW. :p

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Blue Bayou is way overpriced so I wouldn't recommend that (granted we did that for lunch thinking it would be lunch prices and instead it's just the dinner menu - which is still too much)

Other than that and Flo's I don't remember eating much other than a churro on Main Street haha -- too busy riding everything that isn't at WDW. :p
We did Blue Lagoon @ Paris, so we definitely don't have to do that then. Thanks!

Magic Feather

Both. We definitely are going to try that one, but we also want to do at least one (maybe 2) of the signatures on property, and my parents think that that's a good day to do it. Do you have any ideas:p.
Carthay is fantastic IMO. Depending on price, level of fancy, and expansion of palate, Napa Rose is very, very hard to beat. For a moderate signature, Steakhouse 55 is pretty good (but not terrific).

kmbmw777

Thanks so much @Magic Feather! If you could choose a restaurant on your birthday, is there one that has historical significance besides The Plaza Inn?
For breakfast, I went to Goofy's Kitchen when I went there when I was five. Heard the birthday song only 72937 times
Happy happy birthday
From goofy and his crew
Happy happy birthday
From all of us to you
YEA

Magic Feather

Thanks so much @Magic Feather! If you could choose a restaurant on your birthday, is there one that has historical significance besides The Plaza Inn?
Club 33 ;)... But realistically, nothing else really does, even though Carthay (while not in park terms) has some significance due to some of what is inside etc.. If you really want to:
image.jpeg

then I would do Napa Rose, if you are able to appreciate more subtle nuances and flavors. If you are looking for something more straightforward, I would go with Steakhouse 55. And for a balance, Carthay.

Also, for QS:
Bengal BBQ is amazing, as well as French Market/ Cafe Orleans. Almost all food in the Wharf and Flo's are good for DCA. Red Rose is supposed to be really good, although I have not yet been able to get there.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Club 33 ;)... But realistically, nothing else really does, even though Carthay (while not in park terms) has some significance due to some of what is inside etc.. If you really want to:View attachment 201032
then I would do Napa Rose, if you are able to appreciate more subtle nuances and flavors. If you are looking for something more straightforward, I would go with Steakhouse 55. And for a balance, Carthay.

Also, for QS:
Bengal BBQ is amazing, as well as French Market/ Cafe Orleans. Almost all food in the Wharf and Flo's are good for DCA. Red Rose is supposed to be really good, although I have not yet been able to get there.
Seems like Quick service rocks at California which is awesome! It's going to be tough. Napa Rose? Steakhouse 55? Carthay Circle???? :banghead::D

Magic Feather

Seems like Quick service rocks at California which is awesome! It's going to be tough. Napa Rose? Steakhouse 55? Carthay Circle???? :banghead::D
I would start with this:
How refined would you say your palate is?

(By this I mean not if you can taste whether food is good, but if you would be just as content with a good ol' steak in addition to a scallop with rice pilaf, with a garlic butter drizzle and topped with caviar (not specifically, just the gist))

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
I would start with this:
How refined would you say your palate is?

(By this I mean not if you can taste whether food is good, but if you would be just as content with a good ol' steak in addition to a scallop with rice pilaf, with a garlic butter drizzle and topped with caviar (not specifically, just the gist))
Where is that at? Sounds really good!:D
I love burgers, but I also love a wonderful filet Mignon.

mickeyfan5534

So I'm here watching the 1991 Beauty and the Beast for reasons and I always forget how well designed the Beast is. He's intimidating but as we get to know him he starts looking extremely cute and huggable. A real masterclass in character design and development by Glen Keane.

EDIT: On top of that, I believe I've found the most heartbreaking moment in Disney history with Howard Ashman's dedication at the end of the film.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
So I'm here watching the 1991 Beauty and the Beast for reasons and I always forget how well designed the Beast is. He's intimidating but as we get to know him he starts looking extremely cute and huggable. A real masterclass in character design and development by Glen Keane.

EDIT: On top of that, I believe I've found the most heartbreaking moment in Disney history with Howard Ashman's dedication at the end of the film.
It is an epic film!

@spacemt354 @Magic Feather If you've been, how does GOofy's Kitchen compare to Chef Mickey's?:D
We've decided that we want to try 1 of Disneyland's pricier options but cannot wait to try out the other restaurants like Flo's, Cafe Orleans, and Carnation Cafe... Main Street Bakery definitely too: are these good? Also, is the Italian restaurant at Paradise Pier any good?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom