The Imagin"ears"--An imagineering team.

ABigBrassBand

Original Poster
The Fantasia ride could be a combination of the two ideas - more specifically, a combination of Splash Mountain and Universe of Energy. Start out in the theater, end up on the ride, you get what I'm saying?

---TrevorA

Yes, thats a great idea! I'll get started right as I get back from the school plaay.

mharrington

Here is the second part of my inclusions for the Fantasyland overhaul/expansion: another remodel of the Snow White ride. First and foremost, it has gone by two different names over the years, such as Snow White's Scary Adventures or just Snow White's Adventures. Well, as of late, it is called Snow White's Scary Adventures, but since the new ride will lighten the mood even more than this current version did, the "Scary" part will be dropped, leaving it to be Snow White's Adventures once again.

The entrance resembles the Seven Dwarfs' mine (I chose this instead of the Evil Queen's castle at Disneyland). As you enter, you make your way through the load area, there are several signs that warn that the ride has some scary moments. You approach the load area, which is backed by a usual Snow White mural, which will look something like this (click on the link to see the picture): http://disney.lovesakura.com/Gallery/c01/p20.jpg.

You board the ride vehicle, which, as in all versions of the ride, is a mine cart with a different name of one of the Dwarfs carved on the front. The cars seat up to six people (three rows per car to seat two people each). You leave the load area once aboard. You go past a crow holding a sign sternly reading "Beware!", not unlike the owl performing a similar function at the start of Disneyland's ride.

You then enter the Seven Dwarfs' diamond mine via a pair of swinging doors. The entrance to the mine resembles the entrance to it as you exit the ride in the original WDW version (before it was remodeled the first time). Inside the mine, you hear the first part of "Heigh-Ho" playing in the background. You pass Sleepy, Bashful, and Sneezy mining while singing this first part of the song. You then see Doc and Dopey at a table. Doc is inspecting diamonds while Dopey puts them in front of his eyes, giving the illusion of many eyes. You turn a corner and pass by the entrance to another mine tunnel with the remaining two dwarfs, Happy and Grumpy, standing in front of it. A mine cart, chock full of precious jewels, comes rolling into view and nearly hits your mine cart, but Happy and Grumpy successfully stop it.

Turning another corner, you emerge from the mine to find yourself in a slightly-lit woodsy area where you see the Dwarfs marching home, singing "Heigh-Ho", as several forest animals look on. You then turn towards the Dwarfs' cottage and head towards it in the same way as you do in previous versions.

Inside, it is similar, but nowhere near identical, to the scene of the ride in the other versions. The Dwarfs still perform "The Silly Song". The main difference is Snow White herself. The Snow White figure here is quite similar to the one on the stairs in all other versions, holding her dress with her right hand and something in her left. In all versions of the ride except for Florida, she is holding a candle. In the previous Florida version, she is holding the apple. But here, she is holding her hand out to Dopey, who is standing on Sneezy's shoulders. The remainder of the scene resembles the cottage scene at Disneyland, except in reverse (just imagine maybe going through this part of the ride backwards and you have an idea of what I'm talking about).

But as you exit the cottage and go out into the forest, the mood suddenly changes in a heartbeat. Your first clue of what's coming next comes from two signs you approach, both pointing in opposite directions. One points left toward and reads, "Dwarfs' Mine", and the other, pointing right reads, "Queen's Castle". Your mine cart sharply turns right toward the castle. Your second clue of what's to come is shown in the form of two vultures perched in a gnarled tree branch above. You head across the castle courtyard similar to the beginning of the ride in the original 1971 ride and also the Tokyo ride and then go inside. Above the entrance is a window, inside which is the Evil Queen herself, parting the curtains and glowering down at you in your vehicle before entering the castle itself, via a pair of doors that resemble WDW's ride's version.

Inside, you wend your way through the castle similarly to Tokyo's. At the end of the entrance hall, you come face to face with the Slave in the Magic Mirror (seen in an effect similar to the previous Florida version), who warns the Queen that Snow White is the fairest one of all. You make a u-turn and head toward another mirror chamber where the Queen herself is seen, standing in front of another mirror, her back to you. In response to the mirror's response on who is fairest one of all, she yells, "No!" and then cackles wickedly. The Queen, swiveling around to face you, makes her famous transformation into the Witch before your very eyes, her cackle rising in pitch.

You then go past a much shorter scene of the castle dungeon. The only scenes seen here are a single skeletal inmate reaching vainly for a pitcher of water, and the usual scene of the Witch at the cauldron prepping the poisoned apple for Snow White, with the raven on the one side and a book on spells to her right. Immediately after these two scenes, you leave the castle.

The scary forest that has figured so prominently in the previous two versions of the ride has almost disappeared from the newest version. It only shows two scary-looking trees, one log shaped like a crocodile and three bats flying about. You almost immediately then return to the Dwarfs' cottage, where the Witch would ordinarily offer you the apple. But this time, you see Snow White inside the cottage window and taking the apple from the Witch, as the Witch tells her to take a bite and all her dreams will come true. You go around the side of the cottage where you see a silhouette of Snow White biting the apple and falling down. The Witch then shouts that she is the fairest one of all.

You then go past the usual scene of the cliff in a storm, with the Dwarfs chasing the Witch up it, shouting not to let her escape. You then see the usual scene of the Witch trying to push a boulder down on both them and you, shouting that she will crush the Dwarfs' bones. But then lightning strikes and the Witch disappears from view, followed by the boulder, screaming all the way.

You then turn and a chorus-sung version of "Someday My Prince Will Come" starts up. You see the Prince by Snow White's coffin, giving Love's First Kiss. You go through some doors resemble foliage and pass a giant book depicting Snow White and the Prince (not in flats, but in actual 3D style) riding into the sunset and the dwarfs waving goodbye from the other side. The book reads, "And they lived happily ever after." You go under a bridge, with two of the Dwarfs on it, and emerge from the ride into the unload area and exit your ride vehicle to the left.

So ends your ride on the new and improved Snow White's Adventures at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. Oh, and also one more thing, the old Snow White ride poster at the entrance to the park will also be replaced. The main artwork on the poster will look like this: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090507054958/kingdomhearts/images/2/2d/Awakening_Snow_White.jpg.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom