The human beign who stole my idea..

Lexxweb

Original Poster
Well as most of you know I was going to open a nice seaworld site but at the time i didnt have the cash or time to put into the site.

Well, on one of my other websites I had a poll where visitors could vote from a series of domains. The winner was Seaworldonline.com well the owner of rotmhq.com always talks trash about my site (he is jelous) and well what happened a couple weeks later, he took my idea and put it online.

www.seaworldonline.com

I am so mad right now, I don't can't even talk anymore.....

Figment1986

he needs top redesign it.. it loads slow even on DSL....

You prolly could do a better thing... perhaps yo could make an SW orlando site and have someone host it for you....

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I know the problems he's had with you over at DF.....we've had problems with him over at IOAHQ (I'm a mod there and he was advertising his other site, ROTMHQ, on every one of his posts). When I saw his little advertisments at IOACentral and DisneyForever today, I knew it was just to get back at you. Terribly sorry to hear this man....but I think you can make the better website. :)

xfkirsten

Unfortunately, p00p happens... but if you really wanna get back at him, build a site that's better. :) For instance, hs only covers the park in San Antonio. Cover other/all the parks. If you want any SWC content, I'm more than happy to help. And use a more load-time-friendly set up - this guy's s ucks. Even on my DSL it's slow.

SeaWorld fandom has a lot of jerks, unfortunately. :( It's just a matter of finding the helpful, friendly fans, like those on the Whale Web forums.

maelstrom

Report him to Sea World's legal department. The domain name seaworldonline would surely fool a lot of people into thinking that is the official Sea World site. Go ahead, see what happens. I would.

Wilt Dasney

Well, the domain was out there, ripe for whoever wanted it, and apparently Sea World didn't. They might be able to send him official-looking notices and threaten to take him to court (of course, maybe that'd be enough), but I don't think they'd have much of a legal footing.

Wilt Dasney

If the content of the site is trying to pass it off as having an official connection, then obviously what I said earlier is bushwah. I was just referring to the use of the domain itself. Sounds like this kid's a shady cracker.

Lexxweb

Original Poster
Well I will NO longer speak of the domain I have picked out for my seaworld site only because I don't want him to change domains on me..but Ill find a way to get the cash and move ahead for a christmas opening as planned...

:cool: Lexxweb

Tim G

Figment1986 said:
he needs top redesign it.. it loads slow even on DSL....

You prolly could do a better thing... perhaps yo could make an SW orlando site and have someone host it for you....
With my Comcast Cable Connection, it loads fine... and fast! :)

xfkirsten

Corrus said:
With my Comcast Cable Connection, it loads fine... and fast! :)

But then your Comcast Cable Connection will break down and customer service will be horrible. :lol:

/bitter former customer

Back on topic, though, go look at some of the photos there - for the resolution they're at, they were pretty slow loading on my DSL (384 k connection)... I can't imagine how slow they must load on dialup. I got the feeling he didn't use any compression.

Slipknot

Wow. He stole your domain and the best he could do for a background on the main page was *GASP* a roller coaster. Now thats funny!!!!!!!!!

Something tells me you can do MUCH MUCH MUCH better. Don't fret about a little jealous egotist stealing your ideas.

Lexxweb

Original Poster
I was just at SeaWorld today, spent the whole day there today did the Halloween Spooktacular etc.

Hotshamuloving.com is going to feature all Seaworld parks lol :hammer:

But seriously the site will feature all SeaWorld parks. The halloween spooktacular was pretty cool. The familys loved it because there children were dressed up as harry potter, a pumpkin, princess etc.. running around to all the stations picking up candy. I saw the Halloween version of Clyde and seamore and yes I have a video of it. I have plenty of videos and pictures. I had loads of fun and Ill probably head up there again next weekend and purchase a Pass this time lol.

:cool: Lexxweb

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom