The head of Disney PR made $10 million while on the job for only 3 months. Let that sink in.

Lilofan

These crazy outlandish salaries are one of the reasons Disney continues to raise prices while the boots on the ground worker is paid peanuts. I know--- I know life isn't fair.
The Wal Mart family worth billions and what they pay their front line associates is something that comes to mind

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Glad those news outlets caught on to what was reported 1-2 weeks ago. ;)

Making over $100k per day for 3 months of work is rather outlandish. Not to mention the moving expenses, Disney buying him a house, etc. I know the house isn't in the guy's name but it's indicative of a spending problem within the company, one that goes far beyond WDI, it seems.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Glad those news outlets caught on to what was reported 1-2 weeks ago. ;)

Making over $100k per day for 3 months of work is rather outlandish. Not to mention the moving expenses, Disney buying him a house, etc. I know the house isn't in the guy's name but it's indicative of a spending problem within the company, one that goes far beyond WDI, it seems.
Wait until you see what other companies do!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That wasn't his salary, and he didn't "make that much over 3 months."

He received a lump sum payout because they terminated his contract.

If I make $100,000 and then get fired with a severance package of $100,000, you don't say that my salary was REALLY $200,000.

Fair.

Just to be accurate:

"During his time heading up Disney’s public relations and government affairs team, he received $8.3 million in salary and bonuses.

And there’s more money for Morrell down the line, as Disney plans to pay out the rest of his contact through the 2022 fiscal year, which ends on Oct. 1.

That means he’ll receive a further $4 million for the remainder of his contract as well as a target-set bonus. That would bring his total to $12.3 million." (but then subtract $2 million for bonus targets that weren't met)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
In a funny bit of irony, this is what Mr. Morrell "said" in a statement about his new position at Teneo, a consulting firm:

"I am excited to bring my experience and learnings to help CEOs navigate today’s complex world—whether it be reputational challenges, regulatory hurdles, business issues or geopolitical risk."

Isn't that... what he was supposed to do at Disney? And failed spectacularly?

Lilofan

Trust me, I'm well aware. While the peons eat beans and rice, the execs are traveling the world, living in extravagance, driving expensive company cars... This ain't my first rodeo.
Back in the day I was friends with an exec assistant to the VP in the place I worked for. She gassed up his company issued Cadillac 2x a week. I did not think the VP did not want to get his hands dirty pumping gas on his own.

Lilofan

Fair.

Just to be accurate:

"During his time heading up Disney’s public relations and government affairs team, he received $8.3 million in salary and bonuses.

And there’s more money for Morrell down the line, as Disney plans to pay out the rest of his contact through the 2022 fiscal year, which ends on Oct. 1.

That means he’ll receive a further $4 million for the remainder of his contract as well as a target-set bonus. That would bring his total to $12.3 million." (but then subtract $2 million for bonus targets that weren't met)
Did he retain his complimentary theme park access for him and his family?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Fair.

Just to be accurate:

I wonder what he knows that the board doesn't want anybody else to know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom