Original Poster

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster

spacemt354

Chili's
I've got my tux picked out
53207cfe6a096c62f928baabf82b862a.jpg

D Hulk

Thank you to any and all competitors on this inaugural season of the Great Movie Ride. All of your contributions made this a thoroughly entertaining competition. Our grand finale awards show is coming up soon and the red carpet has been officially rolled out.
What and who are you wearing?

@D Hindley
@FigmentPigments
@kmbmw777
@mickeyfan5534
@Sephirenn
I meant to wear a classic fez and vest combo, but my stylist said it was just too 3rd century.

IMG_2843.JPG

D Hulk

Sorry for the delay everyone. A little issue with the broadcast, but here we go!
I'll post the results in written format tomorrow evening for those not able to catch the show until then. Enjoy!

Thank you @Disney Dad 3000 for a really fun and well-run game! This impressive video was a great way to end it, with some really fun editing and music. :D

Also, how on earth did you manage to get Jon Stewart?! :eek:

spacemt354

Chili's
Being involved in this Oscars...now I know how Leo felt all those years:p - it's dramatic!

Kidding aside - thanks Disney Dad for a great season and the awards show was a great way to end it! That has never been done before to end a competition so major props for taking the time to put all that together in a fun way! :)

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Thank you @Disney Dad 3000 for a really fun and well-run game! This impressive video was a great way to end it, with some really fun editing and music. :D

Also, how on earth did you manage to get Jon Stewart?! :eek:

He had a little free time on his hands, plus I put a horse head in his bed while he was sleeping. ;)

I loved that style of finale!! Thanks for the great season!!

Thank you for playing! It was great getting to know you a little from your posts and chat.

Being involved in this Oscars...now I know how Leo felt all those years:p - it's dramatic!

Kidding aside - thanks Disney Dad for a great season and the awards show was a great way to end it! That has never been done before to end a competition so major props for taking the time to put all that together in a fun way! :)

Thanks guys for the kind words. It didn't turn out entirely how i wanted as there are some transitions and slides I really wanted cleaned up, plus I had a killer 30 sec preview trailer of a future GMR season almost ready to slip in during the awards, just couldn't get all done. Wanted to get it out Wed too since i said I would. It was fun putting it together though and I thought a fitting and thematic end to season. Plus I wanted to showcase all the great work you all provided. Glad you enjoyed it!

Next time I do something like that though I've got to finally get myself a new laptop that actually works with all the new Adobe suite of tools instead of using Adobe premier Elements 3.0 that is at least 15 years old.

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Good afternoon everyone,
In case you weren't able to catch the GMR Awards Broadcast

Here's a recap of how the night went down for our competing Studios with the winner's highlighted in bold.

Best Director Scenes 1-6 (from Trailer Tuesday entries)
D Hindley The Art of Murder and The Great Lakes Avengers
Ace Astro In the Shadows
Quill Penn A Grand Murder in Florida
kmbmw777 Grizzly Peak
Spacemt354 Run Around the World and Rolly Crump, Chump

Best Original Art Direction Scenes 1-6
Dream Mountain Pixar Studios
Iron Mountain Marvel Studios
Hensons Revue Marvel Studios
Pankot Palace Pixar Studios
People Lodger Pixar Studios
Progress City Resort Marvel Studios

Best Cinematography Scenes 1-6
Iron Mountain Website Marvel Studios
Mickey & the Enchanted Projector Theatrical Presentation Pixar Studios

Best Song Scenes 1-6
Rolly Crump, Chump Spacemt354
Indiana Jones Medley The90skid
The Magic Within DisneyForever

Best Screenplay Scene 7
Disney Pioneer Adventure Marvel Studios
Disneyland Greece Pixar Studios

Best Cinematography Scene 7
Disney Pioneer Adventure Forum Posting/D23 Video Marvel Studios
Disneyland Greece Website Pixar Studios

Best Original Artwork Scene 7
Disneyland Greece Pixar Studios

Best Picture Scene 7
Disneyland Greece

Overall Season Winner
Marvel Studios

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
A big thank you to our guest judges that were able to pop in at various points in the season @RMichael21 @AimYourBrent and @orlando678-

And thank you to each of you that joined any part of the GMR this season. I had a blast putting it together, learned a lot hosting my first comp, and was really happy with the level of design and unique projects that came from this season.

I hope to be able to do a 2nd season in the future and already have ideas for films, theme, etc. Happy to hear any feedback good and bad about your experience especially with the Trailer Tuesday prompts/challenges, the various awards types done each week, etc. I know some areas I want to improve personally and if you want to post any ideas here or in PM happy to get them.

The90skid

A big thank you to our guest judges that were able to pop in at various points in the season @RMichael21 @AimYourBrent and @orlando678-

And thank you to each of you that joined any part of the GMR this season. I had a blast putting it together, learned a lot hosting my first comp, and was really happy with the level of design and unique projects that came from this season.

I hope to be able to do a 2nd season in the future and already have ideas for films, theme, etc. Happy to hear any feedback good and bad about your experience especially with the Trailer Tuesday prompts/challenges, the various awards types done each week, etc. I know some areas I want to improve personally and if you want to post any ideas here or in PM happy to get them.
It really was excellent! Sorry I missed the final scenes though. However, you may have inspired me to host my own competition in the future!

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Really was a very well run competition.:) Has a sequel been confirmed?

Thanks!
I would like to next year pending how the forum is going, schedule. Etc. I haven't gotten any I totally hated that feedback on it so I'd like to try it again. Had a slate of films picked and a theme for it a little while back when/if it happens. Would like to keep the trailer Tuesday theme and then think of a newer inventive way to tie the films to the challenge, other disney parks, etc

I can't guarantee I can secure Jon Stewart again, but I still have him in my contacts list so who knows?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom