Pre-Trip The "Goodbye Childhood.....HELLO DISNEY!" PTR

Hello all!

It has been wayyyyy too long since I've done a TR. The last one I attempted was over a year ago. Life has been crazy, 2 jobs will definitely do that to you. But, I am going to attempt this one more time and this time I am determined to complete it!

But first.... a Pre-Trip Report! and away we go......

Here are all the awesome details:

When: April 3rd-6th

Where: Kidani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge

Why: We use to go EVERY year for me and my mom's birthdays (we are a day apart), but while I was in high school, we had stopped. This year I begged. So we are going exactly 1 week after my 20th birthday (which is this Thursday! 3/27 and my mom is 3/28 :D) To celebrate! Which is why I have the title, Goodbye Childhood, because EVERYONE keeps telling me that... Thanks for being depressing guys haha

Now let's introduce the starring cast!

Starting with ME, of course ;)
183_zps2828e7a2.jpg

• My name's Jessica, "Jess" or "Red" for short. I'll be 20 in 3 days, and have been completely obsessed with all things Disney since birth.
  • Ariel has always been my favorite princess, I grew up a competitive swimmer who also does theatre, so it's only apropriate ( She swims and sings! Come on haha) Rapunzel, and Anna are both tied for second though. Rapunzel for her wonderful sense of humor and sarcasm, and Anna for her awkwardness. If you put all 3 together, you'd pretty much get me.

Next up my sister

disneynovember96.jpg

• Ashley, or "Child" if you're me. haha. She's 17, and was raised on Disney just like me, we definitely have our differences, but we also are a lot a like.
  • Her favorite princess, I feel like it changes with the seasons, but for now we will say Jasmine? I think? I'm not quite sure anymore haha.
Now, onto the parentals

parentals_zpsac7470be.jpg

• Theresa and James. Their ages? Like I say in every TR, they're old enough to have a 20 and 17 year old, use your imaginations haha. My mom's birthday is the day after mine 3/28 and we are celebrating them together in WDW :D
  • My dad's favorite character is and always will be Goofy. As for my mom, she's always liked Cinderella, but after seeing Frozen she relates so much more with Elsa, so she has a new favorite! And as a surprise for her birthday, I got her custom Elsa ears made from some Etsy shop :)

And last but not least, my best friend, Daniel!

195_zps9cd84e37.jpg

• Daniel, "Twinith" if you're me. He's 20 as well, his birthday was at the beginning of March. He loves Disney too obviously, we couldn't be friends if he didnt.
  • His favorite character, he is pictured with above.... haha. He also loves Tigger.
  • Daniel has gone on a few trips with us in the past few years. He and I also take a trip every year for our "Friendiversary"

We aren't really planners when we go to WDW, we're very fortunate to live in south Florida, about 3 hours away from WDW. We're DVC members and go about 4-5 times per year. So we usually play it by ear for dinners and stuff. So far, this is what we're thinking we want to do:

Thursday: My parents want to leave really early, to avoid traffic in the West Palm Beach area, north of us. They want to be in the car by 6:30, that will be REALLY hard for me, I am not a morning person, no matter where I'm going.

We're going to stop at Cracker Barrel at the halfway point. Have some breakfast and then we should get to WDW around 10:30am

Check in at Kidani, the room most likely will not be ready. We've never stayed at Kidani before, we have at AKL just never the DVC section. It's been a while since we've stayed at this resort at all.

Ash and I are going to head to HS to audition for the American Idol Experience.

Daniel has classes and is meeting us up there Thursday night

Friday: We are going to go back to HS for Daniel to do AI, then ride all the rides we wanna ride, go to AK and do that park, then head to Epcot for F&G festival, and EMH. It's a busy day, but that's how we usually do Disney haha

Saturday: This day we were going to hang out at the pool in the morning then MK for a late night, but my dad surprised the crap out of me.

Originally, I told my dad work may not let me off and I might not get to go. Well he surprised me a few weeks ago by saying, that I needed to find out because he had a surprise for me.

I kept putting it off until one day he said, "I made a reservation for you to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour....." Let's just say I lost it.... I've been dying to do this tour since i was 13. I started crying and told him that work had let me off weeks ago. I'm such a sap when it comes to Disney, I cry at least 5 times per trip over something :p

So this day, Ash, Daniel and I are doing the tour, and then staying at MK til park close at midnight :)

Sunday: Checkout day :'( but luckily since we live close enough, we can do almost a full day in a park and still get home at a reasonable time.

We havent decided anything about this day yet. Guess we will figure that out later :)

So, those are my plans as of today. I can't wait! I haven't been to WDW since October, which I know isn't that long ago, but still! I miss my home :) I'll be posting more updates once we get closer :D

Thanks for reading!

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
Sounds great! And its comming really fast :) A lot faster than us :)
:) It was a very rushed trip. I'm definitely happy about that, less time anxiously waiting. But I also dont feel like I'm ready yet haha

Happy birthday! Have a great trip!
Thank you so much!!

Happy birthday! Have a wonderful trip. That's awesome that you live so close. I'd love to be a just a simple car ride away!
Thank you :) I've definitely been spoiled in the WDW department because we are so close. We've had trips where we decide 2 weeks before that we want to go. I love living so close :)

Happy Birthday! What a fun trip you and your family have planned! Looking forward to reading the trip report.
Thank you so much! :) I can't wait

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
We're almost there!!!!!!

We have 2 more days before we leave :D:D:D We are all finishing up laundry and starting to pack what we need, I on the other hand am more of a last minute packer... Last trip we went on, I packed at 11:30 the night before haha.

Yesterday I did something I NEVER do, for trips or in normal life, I got my nails done. And I got them Disney-fied (that's totally a word) here's how they turned out...
disneynaisl_zpsa6c66519.jpg

I think they're so cute :)

I am not known to be girly at all, I have always been more a tomboy, so I figured since were celebrating my birthday, why not?

Something unfortunate did happen this week though, I broke my toe and my mom sprained her wrist.

My dog somehow got underneath my foot, and she is very tiny (8 pounds) so I didn't want to hurt her so I kind of lost my balance and ended up kicking a corner that faces out in my wall full force, breaking my toe.. So I don't know how well walking is going to go with me, so we shall see.

Other than that, nothing exciting going on. Just wanting to survive the next 2 days at work so we can go to WDW :D

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
WOW that trip went by super fast! I've been home for almost 2 days. I started missing WDW the minute we left the property. I'm going to start my TR today hopefully!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom