The Good Dinosaur and AK

French Quarter

Original Poster
Thinking about the preview of The Good Dinsosaur that will begin on October 16 in DHS got me thinking about how the latest film could tie in with Dinoland at AK. I haven't heard any rumours about this happening but I thought I would through that out there.

The movie opens on November 25 and I'm wondering if, at the very least, if they do a meet and greet with Arlo and Spot that they might house it in Dinoland. It seems like the most appropriate backdrop to me.

I would hope for something more ambitious but given all the construction already happening in AK, I am doubtful. Would love to hear anyone else's dreams for a tie-in though.

Haymarket2008

And Finding Nemo Had NOTHING To do with the Re-Imagining of The Living Seas and look at it now....:banghead:

Unfortunately, despite my total resistance to characters in Epcot, Nemo has far more to do with the theme of The (Living) Seas than Good Dinosaur ever would with Universe of Energy. Finding Nemo actually has quite a lot to do with the pavilion. It shouldn't be there, but it is an relatively appropriate inclusion. Good Dinosaur is not a story about how energy was created. In fact, it takes place in a parallel universe in which dinosaurs didn't become extinct. So what Universe of Energy is trying to tell us, that dinos were responsible for fossil fuels, would become irrelevant. A ride themed to the movie will never find itself in Epcot.

Matt_Black

All this suggestion and speculation is moot until the film becomes a success. And even then, we might not have anything permanent- look at Wreck-It Ralph or Big Hero 6.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
And Finding Nemo Had NOTHING To do with the Re-Imagining of The Living Seas and look at it now....:banghead:

>Movie about ocean life
>Living Seas is about ocean life

upload_2015-10-5_18-43-8.jpeg

lazyboy97o

Disney's Animal Kingdom was about the wonders of our world and how we related to it. Maybe there is a reason a contemporary setting was always the focus.

French Quarter

Original Poster
The Good Dinosaur has literally nothing to do with Universe of Energy....that would make no sense. If anything, it will go to Animal Kingdom.

Good Dinosaur is not a story about how energy was created. In fact, it takes place in a parallel universe in which dinosaurs didn't become extinct. So what Universe of Energy is trying to tell us, that dinos were responsible for fossil fuels, would become irrelevant. A ride themed to the movie will never find itself in Epcot.

I'm not going to get into the science of it all but whether or not the dinosaurs went extinct, we would still have fossil fuels.

You might recall that UoE has dinosaurs in it. Why could those dinosaurs not be from the movie?

I'm not saying that they will do this. But I'm not sure how you can say the two have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I'm not going to get into the science of it all but whether or not the dinosaurs went extinct, we would still have fossil fuels.

You might recall that UoE has dinosaurs in it. Why could those dinosaurs not be from the movie?

I'm not saying that they will do this. But I'm not sure how you can say the two have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
Have you been on and paid attention to Universe of Energy? It isn't a "dinosaurs are cool" ride.

Cmdr_Crimson

No, not at all. Just because there are dinosaurs in UoE doesn't mean The Good Dinosaur would fit in with 'energy' in any way.

I Know it WON'T happen I just brought up the only other attraction that involved dino's because Dinosaur wouldn't even work for that Film or for Dinoland...

The only Dino's that would have worked for anything else...The Sinclairs..
series-dinosaurios-dinosaurios.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom