The Future of imagineering season 1, project 2

fantasiafan

Original Poster
howdy, there partners! Remain seated cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness! Anyway, we will say something about the eliminations later because not everyone has handed their projects in yet. Please do, or we may just have to move on without you.

Welcome to Frontierland home to an island, and one ride. oh, ya and there is a stage and petting zoo in the corner but it's always closed. What would you do with that area? Well now we're going to find out aren't we. that's right folks project 2 is to design an E or D ticket attraction for the area back there. We are looking for an attraction that guests will want to see every trip. kinetics like glimpses at big thunder are always cool (hint, hint) Do not worry too much about space because there is a some land out behind it as well.

Ah, a little twist for the game: if you have the highest overall score after round 3 you get the key into Walt Disney's apartment. Inside the apartment there are many surprises. You may find yourselves with special powers, such as the power to save yourself from elimination and have the judges choose someone else. or you may get a consequence, like having less time to complete your project (1 day most we promise). These two powers are probably not what will happen though. Or sometimes it may not effect you but others. I will reveal 1 power inside of the hat i draw what each person gets: the ability to bring one player who has been knocked out, back into the game

the marking rubric remains the same but there are some little add on's for extra points:

+5 if it has a new ride system
+1 for each concept art or ride map limit 5.

Off to work you guys. This project is due next Wednesday because I can't mark them due to grad on monday and a party on tuesday. Have fun!

fantasiafan

Original Poster
I just can't wait to see what you guys come up with. Frontierland to me has always felt like a really underused land.

fantasiafan

Original Poster
special announcement!!!! There are no eliminations this round. BUT your points will not be in vain. When we add your points up after project 3, whoever has the highest score from the judges gets the key to walt disney's apartment. Which means, you can still participate if you didn't post a project bet there isn't much of a chance for walt apartment

fantasiafan

Original Poster
Cool! What does this mean? I assume this is a decorative key, or something on this board...but I am not familiar!

Well it is not a real key just a metaphorical one. But with the highest overall points you get this "key" and can gain a power or consequence during the game. so it is only for the game

fantasiafan

Original Poster
Serial 1:

As everyone is hard at work on project 2 something sinister is stirring beneath the surface. Under the castle a certain foe begins to plot while in their prison.

(hidden character): Fools, HA! They all think that this is only a petty game. HA! Soon i will be strong enough to release the others and then together we can release him. Then we will have control over this silly game and the parks. MWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! But for now I have no choice but to linger here and wait for my powers to come flowing back to me. but soon no one will be able to stop me!

fantasiafan

Original Poster
project is due on wednesday. theguitarman has handed his in early:

Silver Valley

Queue:
The entrance to this ride is a large barn. On the barn is a large sign that reads

GOLD MINE OUTFITTERS
Mike U. Rich, Proprietor

With the nearby town of Big Thunder no longer producing gold, since it was abandoned and now run by the railroad company, it's time to explore and find a new source of gold! GOLD MINE OUTFITTERS supplies everything you need to head out, explore, and maybe even strike it rich! The queue winds through areas filled with old shovels, pick-axes, ropes, tents, canteens, and other tools a person might need to head out on a gold expedition. On the wall, you see some old black and white photographs of people who struck gold while out on an expedition. Also, a section of the wall has the WANTED posters.

Ride:

Once you reach the boarding area, you will enter into your ride vehicle, which is a stage coach, complete with two (fake) horses, and the back loaded with all of your supplies. You are given the "reigns" as you take off to explore the wild west, claim new territory, and maybe even find gold!. Upon leaving the boarding station, you start out relatively slow, driving your coach down a typical main street from the old west, complete with Saloons, old style hotels, horse corrals, ect.

Sure enough, just as you head out into the wide open west (which is located on the other side of the railroad tracks), you have company. A few familiar faces from the WANTED posters are now riding along side of you, as you pick up speed in your coach! But its no use! They surround you, and you are forced to exit your stage coach. (At this point, your vehicle uses the new system to swap from a stage coach to a vehicle shell that resembles horses.) As you mount the horses, you can hear the sheriff heading out after to save you, but before he can, the outlaws give your horse a slap, and its off to the races. This will be a neat, moderately paced section of the ride, with the simulated horseback riding that you experience as your are forced to run from the sheriff.

The run part of the ride is through several rooms of various western landscapes. As you ride up and down the hills (with 2-3 separate paths to go down, based on your steering), you will be treated to great views of Frontierland, as well as Thunder Mountain in the distance. After running through some hills and rocks, you arrive at an abandoned mine at the base of Big Thunder Mountain, and you can hear the trains running in there, with people yelling as they ride. (You are not actually on big thunder mountain, but the set design and perspective off the mountain in the distance makes it fell that you are). Your horses slow to a walk as the outlaws lead you into the cave. (in the darkness during some dialogue, your vehicle transforms into a mine car) As the outlaws pile rocks to block your exit, your mine car swings into action. You head through beautiful scenic caves until as you are about to head down a stretch of track that comes to an abrupt end, one of the possessed trains from Big Thunder Mountain Railroad swings by, hitting the track switch and diverting your cart to a track that leads to the exit (as a photo of you is taken!). (This will be achieved by having a replica of one of the possessed trains ride by. The mine part of the ride in a building that wraps out of sight around Big Thunder Mountain, allowing the exit of this ride to be located near the entrance to Big Thunder Mountain)

Exit:

After escaping from the mine, you arrive at the unload area, where the local sheriff and deputies are waiting, along with some folks from the outfitting company, who are wanting some form of payment for all the equipment you lost! On the photo wall, your photo is displayed in a typical "WANTED" poster for refusal to pay for the lost equipment. The gift shop will be divided into two areas: one for parties who struck it rich and found gold (where the merchandise will be sold), and one area for those who weren't as lucky (which will display some of the old dioramas from old Frontierland rides, fake history of the Big Thunder town, an area to panhandle for gold in the local "stream", and a location where you can get dressed up and take an old time picture.

Concept:

Walt Disney's vision for Frontierland was a place of exploration. Some of the old rides would show various scenes and landscapes from the old west in dioramas. This ride takes that idea, and expands it a bit to include a little more adventure.

The main ride vehicle is two rows, 2 across. It is on a wheeled platform, with hydraulic actuators (similar to those used on DINOSAUR/Indiana Jones). There are three things that make this vehicle unique. First off, the riders have the ability to steer the vehicle. While the guests do have some freedom and influence over the vehicle's movement, they are still limited by the guidance system. Second, there is no track restricting the riders. Instead, the vehicles use GPS to ensure that the vehicle stays where it should. This allows the ride to feel more ilk you are exploring, rather than just being driven along. Of course, should the riders ignore their steering duties, they can sit back and the vehicle will drive itself. The third unique part of this vehicle is it's ability to change it"s outer shell, thus allowing the riders to move from a stage coach vehicle, to riding horseback, to a mine vehicle, without ever standing up! To explain it briefly, the outer shell has a side door, and fits onto a track on the vehicle platform. Thus, when you are ready to get out of the stage coach, the door opens, and the outer shell is able to slide away, just like you are exiting the coach.

ScorpionX

My Project

Billy the Kid's Rootin' Tootin' Stunt Show
The show's description on the guidemap/guidebook: Learn about the adventures of Billy the Kid in this action-packed stunt show.

Billy the Kid's Rootin' Tootin' Stunt Show is the newest attraction in Frontierland at Disneyland. Similar to the Indiana Jones show at Disney's Hollywood Studios, this attraction lets you experience the action and excitement of the adventures of Billy the Kid.

Facade
A barn and silo give theming to the amphitheatre's facade. The barn will look much like the one seen by the Frontierland train station at Disneyland Paris.

Queue
You enter the amphitheatre through the barn's various stables. Here, you see Audio-Animatronics of cows, horses, pigs, sheep, goats, dogs, cats, chickens, turkeys, and llamas.

Show
The show starts as a young Billy the Kid is mining for gold as an employee of the Big Thunder Mining Company. After a few unsuccessful attempts at finding gold, Billy encounters the biggest and shiniest nugget of gold he's ever seen. Although he has concluded the the nugget is guarded by the spirit of a Native American god, he takes it anyway. As a result, an army of Native American warriors comes after him with spears and swords. Narrowly escaping the army, he stumbles upon the tiny town of Tumbleweed, where he meets the girl of his dreams, Elizabeth Staravick. Flirting with her for a little, Billy realizes that a band of outlaws is sneaking up on them behind Elizabeth. It's too late when Billy tells her because one bandit has his hands covering her mouth while the other outlaws carry her into the Conestoga wagon. Speeding away, the outlaws think they got away with her kidnapping just as Billy pulls out two pistols and fires two bullets, one from each gun. The first shot kills the driver while the second kills the "co-pilot." As all the other bandits run for their lives, Billy saves Elizabeth and take her back to town. Back in Tumbleweed, it seems the townspeople are now at war with the Native Americans over land rights. It's an epic battle as one Native American kidnaps Elizabeth as a Prisoner of War. Afterwards, Billy chases the dastard snatcher as other Native are pursuing him. In a massive fight scene similar to the German scene in Indiana Jones, Billy save the day once again as he fatally shoots the kidnappers and brings Elizabeth to safety at the town doctor, where she receives an operation from a gunshot wound she had received trying to run through the battle.

Gift Shop
The show's gift shop is Tumbleweed Outpost & Supply, where you can buy native American crafts, Mexican clothing, gem bags similar to the ones outside Florida's Snow White ride, survival kits, and merchandise involving Billy the Kid.

fantasiafan

Original Poster
just another reminder projects are due by 6:00 am eastern, 3:00 am pacific

if they are handed in tomorrow there will be a 5 point late charge

fantasiafan

Original Poster
project is due on wednesday. theguitarman has handed his in early:

Silver Valley

Queue:
The entrance to this ride is a large barn. On the barn is a large sign that reads

GOLD MINE OUTFITTERS
Mike U. Rich, Proprietor

With the nearby town of Big Thunder no longer producing gold, since it was abandoned and now run by the railroad company, it's time to explore and find a new source of gold! GOLD MINE OUTFITTERS supplies everything you need to head out, explore, and maybe even strike it rich! The queue winds through areas filled with old shovels, pick-axes, ropes, tents, canteens, and other tools a person might need to head out on a gold expedition. On the wall, you see some old black and white photographs of people who struck gold while out on an expedition. Also, a section of the wall has the WANTED posters.

Ride:

Once you reach the boarding area, you will enter into your ride vehicle, which is a stage coach, complete with two (fake) horses, and the back loaded with all of your supplies. You are given the "reigns" as you take off to explore the wild west, claim new territory, and maybe even find gold!. Upon leaving the boarding station, you start out relatively slow, driving your coach down a typical main street from the old west, complete with Saloons, old style hotels, horse corrals, ect.

Sure enough, just as you head out into the wide open west (which is located on the other side of the railroad tracks), you have company. A few familiar faces from the WANTED posters are now riding along side of you, as you pick up speed in your coach! But its no use! They surround you, and you are forced to exit your stage coach. (At this point, your vehicle uses the new system to swap from a stage coach to a vehicle shell that resembles horses.) As you mount the horses, you can hear the sheriff heading out after to save you, but before he can, the outlaws give your horse a slap, and its off to the races. This will be a neat, moderately paced section of the ride, with the simulated horseback riding that you experience as your are forced to run from the sheriff.

The run part of the ride is through several rooms of various western landscapes. As you ride up and down the hills (with 2-3 separate paths to go down, based on your steering), you will be treated to great views of Frontierland, as well as Thunder Mountain in the distance. After running through some hills and rocks, you arrive at an abandoned mine at the base of Big Thunder Mountain, and you can hear the trains running in there, with people yelling as they ride. (You are not actually on big thunder mountain, but the set design and perspective off the mountain in the distance makes it fell that you are). Your horses slow to a walk as the outlaws lead you into the cave. (in the darkness during some dialogue, your vehicle transforms into a mine car) As the outlaws pile rocks to block your exit, your mine car swings into action. You head through beautiful scenic caves until as you are about to head down a stretch of track that comes to an abrupt end, one of the possessed trains from Big Thunder Mountain Railroad swings by, hitting the track switch and diverting your cart to a track that leads to the exit (as a photo of you is taken!). (This will be achieved by having a replica of one of the possessed trains ride by. The mine part of the ride in a building that wraps out of sight around Big Thunder Mountain, allowing the exit of this ride to be located near the entrance to Big Thunder Mountain)

Exit:

After escaping from the mine, you arrive at the unload area, where the local sheriff and deputies are waiting, along with some folks from the outfitting company, who are wanting some form of payment for all the equipment you lost! On the photo wall, your photo is displayed in a typical "WANTED" poster for refusal to pay for the lost equipment. The gift shop will be divided into two areas: one for parties who struck it rich and found gold (where the merchandise will be sold), and one area for those who weren't as lucky (which will display some of the old dioramas from old Frontierland rides, fake history of the Big Thunder town, an area to panhandle for gold in the local "stream", and a location where you can get dressed up and take an old time picture.

Concept:

Walt Disney's vision for Frontierland was a place of exploration. Some of the old rides would show various scenes and landscapes from the old west in dioramas. This ride takes that idea, and expands it a bit to include a little more adventure.

The main ride vehicle is two rows, 2 across. It is on a wheeled platform, with hydraulic actuators (similar to those used on DINOSAUR/Indiana Jones). There are three things that make this vehicle unique. First off, the riders have the ability to steer the vehicle. While the guests do have some freedom and influence over the vehicle's movement, they are still limited by the guidance system. Second, there is no track restricting the riders. Instead, the vehicles use GPS to ensure that the vehicle stays where it should. This allows the ride to feel more ilk you are exploring, rather than just being driven along. Of course, should the riders ignore their steering duties, they can sit back and the vehicle will drive itself. The third unique part of this vehicle is it's ability to change it"s outer shell, thus allowing the riders to move from a stage coach vehicle, to riding horseback, to a mine vehicle, without ever standing up! To explain it briefly, the outer shell has a side door, and fits onto a track on the vehicle platform. Thus, when you are ready to get out of the stage coach, the door opens, and the outer shell is able to slide away, just like you are exiting the coach.

Originality: 9/10
Creativity: 9/10
Fun: 8/10
Realism: 6/10
Details: 8/10
Presentation: 8/10

overall 53/60= 88%

Dear other 2 judges you guys don't have to mark this project I will do this one alone

fantasiafan

Original Poster
The show's description on the guidemap/guidebook: Learn about the adventures of Billy the Kid in this action-packed stunt show.

Billy the Kid's Rootin' Tootin' Stunt Show is the newest attraction in Frontierland at Disneyland. Similar to the Indiana Jones show at Disney's Hollywood Studios, this attraction lets you experience the action and excitement of the adventures of Billy the Kid.

Facade
A barn and silo give theming to the amphitheatre's facade. The barn will look much like the one seen by the Frontierland train station at Disneyland Paris.

Queue
You enter the amphitheatre through the barn's various stables. Here, you see Audio-Animatronics of cows, horses, pigs, sheep, goats, dogs, cats, chickens, turkeys, and llamas.

Show
The show starts as a young Billy the Kid is mining for gold as an employee of the Big Thunder Mining Company. After a few unsuccessful attempts at finding gold, Billy encounters the biggest and shiniest nugget of gold he's ever seen. Although he has concluded the the nugget is guarded by the spirit of a Native American god, he takes it anyway. As a result, an army of Native American warriors comes after him with spears and swords. Narrowly escaping the army, he stumbles upon the tiny town of Tumbleweed, where he meets the girl of his dreams, Elizabeth Staravick. Flirting with her for a little, Billy realizes that a band of outlaws is sneaking up on them behind Elizabeth. It's too late when Billy tells her because one bandit has his hands covering her mouth while the other outlaws carry her into the Conestoga wagon. Speeding away, the outlaws think they got away with her kidnapping just as Billy pulls out two pistols and fires two bullets, one from each gun. The first shot kills the driver while the second kills the "co-pilot." As all the other bandits run for their lives, Billy saves Elizabeth and take her back to town. Back in Tumbleweed, it seems the townspeople are now at war with the Native Americans over land rights. It's an epic battle as one Native American kidnaps Elizabeth as a Prisoner of War. Afterwards, Billy chases the dastard snatcher as other Native are pursuing him. In a massive fight scene similar to the German scene in Indiana Jones, Billy save the day once again as he fatally shoots the kidnappers and brings Elizabeth to safety at the town doctor, where she receives an operation from a gunshot wound she had received trying to run through the battle.

Gift Shop
The show's gift shop is Tumbleweed Outpost & Supply, where you can buy native American crafts, Mexican clothing, gem bags similar to the ones outside Florida's Snow White ride, survival kits, and merchandise involving Billy the Kid.

Originality: 8/10
Fun: 7/10
Realism: 9/10
Details: 7/10
Presentation: 8/10

overall 48/60= 80%

we have a tie

Fantasia Fan, if you really want to grade this project on your own, go ahead and not count this post in the final score. :)

Silver Valley

Originality: 9/10
Creativity: 10/10 A vehicle that changes shape? Wow!
Fun: 9/10
Realism: 6/10
Details: 8/10 Liked how you told how the ride would fit around the mountain.
Presentation: 10/10 (an extra point for bein' early)
+ 5 new ride vehicle
Overall: 57/60 Great job! :sohappy:

Originality: 8/10
Creativity: 8/10
Fun: 7/10
Realism: 10/10 In case you didn't know, as part of the Disney Decade, they were going to put an Indiana Jones stunt show in this area, so this is totally possible.
Details: 8/10
Presentation: 9/10
Overall: 50/60 Wonderfull!:sohappy:

goofy donald

Disneyland Frontierland Expansion

The Concept
In this project I will be filling in the much underused space in Disneyland's Frontierland and hopefully utilize the very small amount of expansion space left in Disneyland well. The main concept will be put in the location of the current petting zoo. It will add not one but two D/E ticket attractions to the area that will be part inside, part outside and sharing the same show building. This intertwining of two attractions is meant to be somewhat reminiscent of the great western river expedition addition meant for WDW but brought into the next century. The first attraction will be a canoe adventure called Lewis and Clark's wild adventures, and the second will be the great settlers race to the west. It will require the removal of Big Thunder ranch, and the movement of the Indian village and Fantasmic! dry docks further up river, closer to backstage.

The Show Building
Similar to the original concept for western river expedition, the large show building will look like a mountain named Lightning mountain. This will create some playful continuity to the area with the big thunder and lightning mountains. If there are parts visible from the rivers of America, they will be painted to look like the skyline. It will be themed to a western forest as that will be the place where the two rides will meet. the entrances will be tunnels in the mountain and there will be an entrance and an exit tunnel for each ride.

Lewis and Clark's wild adventures
The ride's queue will be near the old location of Cascade Peak. It will be themed as a large old woods cabin that leads to a dock. The outside part of the line leading up to the cabin will be simple log switchbacks around a little pond and green space and period specific fishing gear. There will be increased, thicker foliage along the bank to block view of the rivers of america to help with the story of both attractions. Once inside the cabin, it will be a realistic interpretation of the time period and to entertain the people in line there will be AA's of Lewis and Clark telling their story. This will lead back outside to a lean-too structure where the loading platform dock will be. this is where you board your canoe and join Lewis and Clark on their adventure through America's last frontier.

The story is that you are joining Lewis and Clark's expedition and helping to discover the new land. The canoe is a similar ride vehicle to the new WDW splash mountain boats. The canoe then leaves the dock and the on board speakers let you hear what L & C are saying. You ride passed many AA's including animals, and natives, along with a marauding grizzly that forces you off course and through a higher speed section. before finding Sacajawea. She leads you towards the spirit caves where she says you can see the future. the canoe travels into a cave where things are dark and then open up into the show building's main area. You see the other ride as the settlers are moving into the new land to make their homes, as L & C had previously dreamed. The ride then exits the main area and leads to a dark ride section that shows the future of the development of the west in about 4-5 scenes up until present day. All of a sudden you realize you were lost in the dream and are now headed through rapids. The rapids begin in the dark and continue through the exit to an outside section. In the end you narrowly escape the rapids by veering to a fork in the river and heading back home. Beaten and bruised you and L & C return to the Cabin to write down your adventures and prepare for the next.

The new ride system will be a water version of the indy/dinosaur ride vehicle. It will be on tracks just far enough bellow the surface to be hidden by the water and it will then be able to deploy its wheels and allow the vehicle to jostle around in the water while still being in the river, and increase / decrease speeds on the water quickly. It will also have the ability to retract its wheels and act as a regular log flume for any drops, ambiance, or repairs.

The general store
There will be one gift shop for both locations located in the shadow of lightning mountain called the general store. It will be themed as a general store run by a shifty old prospector and will sell merchandise for all of frontierland's attractions. It will be short enough to not mess with the view of the mountain while at the same time fitting in with the architecture of the western town

the great settlers race to the west
This is the second attraction for the area. Its queue will begin where the entrance of big thunder ranch currently is and will be themed to an edge of town stable. you start in switch backs just before the stable house prior to entering. The queue then goes through the building and you walk past AA horses in their stalls. You then exit through the back of the building and are surrounded by luggage and these piles of luggage lead you to the loading platforms where your buggy is waiting.

The ride vehicle is an open topped buggy with benches five rows deep and six seats across. It is also a new ride system (that's +10 if anyone's counting ;)) as it is similar to the dinosaur rovers but it will also have the ability to attach to other cars and detach during the ride, as well as detach from its wheels (storing them on its sides) and connecting to a magnetic roller coaster track with equipment in its base.

The story is that you are prospector families leaving to make your home in the west. It will be similar to the jungle cruise in the sense that you will have a CM 'cattle driver' that will 'steer' you to the west, and be the narrator to your story. You start off with all the buggies attached to each other in a big caravan. Throughout the journey your CM is talking to you about what is to come, what they experienced when they went, a few jokes etc. you see a few things along your way that your CM describes and then the caravan enters a 'tunnel' (entrance to the show building). on the 'other side' you see that it is night time so you decide to separate the caravan and set up camp for the night. the individual ride vehicles separate here and park briefly. One by one though the CMs decide to leave the others behind and go early so your group can get to the settlement first and pick the best land. this is where you enter the roller coaster section as when you are in the dark driving your CM looses where the road is and accidentally drives you off a cliff! the roller coaster is fairly mild but it is accentuated by the simulator bouncing the guests up and down as the cart falls. finally the cart luckily stops and you continue your journey through the night until the next tunnel which takes you into the main room. you see light and realize its morning, and you have reached forests which means you are almost at the settlement. here you see the canoes from L & C's and your CM exclaims that they are the local natives he remembered. finally you go through the final tunnel back outside to find the settlement where you exit your vehicle and prepare for your new life.

Bug Thunder Ranch
Big thunder ranch will find a new home on the site of the old cascade peak, it will be much smaller then before but will still serve its purpose and have animals for the kids.

That's my concept hope you enjoyed! concept art is included below:
Main Building:http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb412/gridiron009/MainshowbuildingLightningmountain.jpg
Fronierland Layout:http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb412/gridiron009/Frontierland-DiscBay.jpg
Red= Big Thunder Ranch
Purple=BTMRR
Orange= Fantasmic dry dock and Indian village relocation
Blue= Lightning Mountain/show building
Yellow= Lewis and Clark's
White= Great settlers race( extends a little further south then picture shows)
General store located just in front of blue closer to the white side

PS sorry my internet was down for most of yesterday until just now! worst timing ever, hopefully I'm not penalized :(.

fantasiafan

Original Poster
The Concept
In this project I will be filling in the much underused space in Disneyland's Frontierland and hopefully utilize the very small amount of expansion space left in Disneyland well. The main concept will be put in the location of the current petting zoo. It will add not one but two D/E ticket attractions to the area that will be part inside, part outside and sharing the same show building. This intertwining of two attractions is meant to be somewhat reminiscent of the great western river expedition addition meant for WDW but brought into the next century. The first attraction will be a canoe adventure called Lewis and Clark's wild adventures, and the second will be the great settlers race to the west. It will require the removal of Big Thunder ranch, and the movement of the Indian village and Fantasmic! dry docks further up river, closer to backstage.

The Show Building
Similar to the original concept for western river expedition, the large show building will look like a mountain named Lightning mountain. This will create some playful continuity to the area with the big thunder and lightning mountains. If there are parts visible from the rivers of America, they will be painted to look like the skyline. It will be themed to a western forest as that will be the place where the two rides will meet. the entrances will be tunnels in the mountain and there will be an entrance and an exit tunnel for each ride.

Lewis and Clark's wild adventures
The ride's queue will be near the old location of Cascade Peak. It will be themed as a large old woods cabin that leads to a dock. The outside part of the line leading up to the cabin will be simple log switchbacks around a little pond and green space and period specific fishing gear. There will be increased, thicker foliage along the bank to block view of the rivers of america to help with the story of both attractions. Once inside the cabin, it will be a realistic interpretation of the time period and to entertain the people in line there will be AA's of Lewis and Clark telling their story. This will lead back outside to a lean-too structure where the loading platform dock will be. this is where you board your canoe and join Lewis and Clark on their adventure through America's last frontier.

The story is that you are joining Lewis and Clark's expedition and helping to discover the new land. The canoe is a similar ride vehicle to the new WDW splash mountain boats. The canoe then leaves the dock and the on board speakers let you hear what L & C are saying. You ride passed many AA's including animals, and natives, along with a marauding grizzly that forces you off course and through a higher speed section. before finding Sacajawea. She leads you towards the spirit caves where she says you can see the future. the canoe travels into a cave where things are dark and then open up into the show building's main area. You see the other ride as the settlers are moving into the new land to make their homes, as L & C had previously dreamed. The ride then exits the main area and leads to a dark ride section that shows the future of the development of the west in about 4-5 scenes up until present day. All of a sudden you realize you were lost in the dream and are now headed through rapids. The rapids begin in the dark and continue through the exit to an outside section. In the end you narrowly escape the rapids by veering to a fork in the river and heading back home. Beaten and bruised you and L & C return to the Cabin to write down your adventures and prepare for the next.

The new ride system will be a water version of the indy/dinosaur ride vehicle. It will be on tracks just far enough bellow the surface to be hidden by the water and it will then be able to deploy its wheels and allow the vehicle to jostle around in the water while still being in the river, and increase / decrease speeds on the water quickly. It will also have the ability to retract its wheels and act as a regular log flume for any drops, ambiance, or repairs.

The general store
There will be one gift shop for both locations located in the shadow of lightning mountain called the general store. It will be themed as a general store run by a shifty old prospector and will sell merchandise for all of frontierland's attractions. It will be short enough to not mess with the view of the mountain while at the same time fitting in with the architecture of the western town

the great settlers race to the west
This is the second attraction for the area. Its queue will begin where the entrance of big thunder ranch currently is and will be themed to an edge of town stable. you start in switch backs just before the stable house prior to entering. The queue then goes through the building and you walk past AA horses in their stalls. You then exit through the back of the building and are surrounded by luggage and these piles of luggage lead you to the loading platforms where your buggy is waiting.

The ride vehicle is an open topped buggy with benches five rows deep and six seats across. It is also a new ride system (that's +10 if anyone's counting ;)) as it is similar to the dinosaur rovers but it will also have the ability to attach to other cars and detach during the ride, as well as detach from its wheels (storing them on its sides) and connecting to a magnetic roller coaster track with equipment in its base.

The story is that you are prospector families leaving to make your home in the west. It will be similar to the jungle cruise in the sense that you will have a CM 'cattle driver' that will 'steer' you to the west, and be the narrator to your story. You start off with all the buggies attached to each other in a big caravan. Throughout the journey your CM is talking to you about what is to come, what they experienced when they went, a few jokes etc. you see a few things along your way that your CM describes and then the caravan enters a 'tunnel' (entrance to the show building). on the 'other side' you see that it is night time so you decide to separate the caravan and set up camp for the night. the individual ride vehicles separate here and park briefly. One by one though the CMs decide to leave the others behind and go early so your group can get to the settlement first and pick the best land. this is where you enter the roller coaster section as when you are in the dark driving your CM looses where the road is and accidentally drives you off a cliff! the roller coaster is fairly mild but it is accentuated by the simulator bouncing the guests up and down as the cart falls. finally the cart luckily stops and you continue your journey through the night until the next tunnel which takes you into the main room. you see light and realize its morning, and you have reached forests which means you are almost at the settlement. here you see the canoes from L & C's and your CM exclaims that they are the local natives he remembered. finally you go through the final tunnel back outside to find the settlement where you exit your vehicle and prepare for your new life.

Bug Thunder Ranch
Big thunder ranch will find a new home on the site of the old cascade peak, it will be much smaller then before but will still serve its purpose and have animals for the kids.

That's my concept hope you enjoyed! concept art is included below:
Main Building:
Fronierland Layout:

PS sorry my internet was down for most of yesterday until just now! worst timing ever, hopefully I'm not penalized :(.

Originality: 7/10
Fun: 9/10
Realism: 7/10
details: 8/10
presentation: 8/10
+5 for new ride vehicle
overall: 54.5/60= 90%

Your concept art didn't show up. I will update it when it does though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom