the Future of Imagineering season 1, project 1

goofy donald

drat! I completely forgot, oh well hopefully I will wake up the victor tomorrow morning. btw as a side note can we ensure that the contest remains purely within the North American parks. I don't think many of us are familiar enough with the overseas vacations to produce the best designs.

fantasiafan

Original Poster
that's disappointing i know 2 people who said they were going to post their projects. Oh well. The eliminations announcement is a new post on project 2's thread

fantasiafan

Original Poster
this is quitarman's project. It wouldn't let him copy and paste to the site so it's not overdue

Queue:

The queue area for the ride will be a boarding station on Earth, run by BnL, evacuating people to their Axiom starliner. Once you enter, you will be in a futuristic airport environment. There will be plenty of windows, with views of Earth loaded with garbage. There will be WALL-E robots out working on the cleanup. The main attraction in this queue will be a fully functional WALL-E. He will have his own area where he is free to interact with guests. His area will have "trash" (specifically chosen and clean for safety), that he will be able to scoop up and form into cubes that he will stack.

Loading Area:

As you approach the loading area, you go through a scanning system, which BnL uses to analyze your health, and select a custom chair for you. The ride vehicles will look like the automated chairs from the movie. The actual ride vehicle will be 4 rows, 4 chairs wide, but each seat will feel separate from the others, to enhance the feeling that you are in your own automated recliner.

The Ride (Dark Ride, Similar to Dinosaur)

You enter the ride, and immediately recognize the large main area of the Axiom ship. There are numerous people zooming all around (a mix of animatronics, video projections, as well as other ride vehicles). You are taken to a wing for new recruits to the ship, as you are the "last batch" of humans scheduled to be on this ship. To ease you into life on the ship, you are sent to a sleep chamber where you will rest for a 24 hour sleep while your body acclimates to the ship's atmosphere.You enter a dream sequence room, a mist filled room that will be filled with dreams about the Earth and nature as it used to be. At the end of this room, an alarm clock wakes you up, and you are given a heartfelt apology from BnL, as a system malfunction has kept you sleeping for about 700 years! As you are freed to roam about the ship, you join the story of WALLE and EVE. Using his limited speech, WALLE urges you to follow him as he chases EVE. A higher speed portion of the ride ensues, as you glide along other passengers with EVE and WALLE ahead of you. You arrive at the bridge just in time to see see Auto and and GO-4 as they hide EVE's plant from Earth, and try to keep the ship rom heading back to Earth. As WALLE and EVE are taken away, you see the plant being carried by GO-4 toward the escape pods. WALLE communicates to you with his eyes that you need to go after the plant and return it to the bridge. You take off in your chair, and take part in another chase. As GO-4 puts the plant in the escape pod and leaves, your vehicle is able to jam the door just enough to let WALLE get in and out to grab the plant. You race with him back to the bridge and get the plant to the captain, who is able to put it in the holo-detector, sending the ship back to Earth. In the bridge area, you watch as the ship returns to Earth, and then head out to the unloading area to get back to Earth.

Unload Area:

As you are standing up from your chair, for the first time in 700 years, there will be several videos with instructions on performing basic tasks, such as how to walk. There will be "windows" looking out to Earth as a whole crew of WALLE vehicles is out there cleaning and restoring Earth back to how you remember it. You are, as always, directed to a gift area, but again, a fully interactive WALLE will be here, interacting with guests, and showing off his new use (now that Earth is clean again), stocking shelves!

Bringing Back Boo

Originality 9/10 Never would have thought of this for my life
Creativity 8/10
Fun 8/10
Realism 9/10 Realistic
Detail 6/10 could have been more detail about the rooms.
Presentation 9/10 clean and organized

Total 49/60 Great Job! :sohappy:

Wall-e Ride

Originality 8/10
Creativity 8/10
Fun 9/10
Realism 7/10 I don't see it fitting in Pixar Place
Detail 9/10 You have a lot of detail
Presentation 9/10 clean and organized

Overall 50/60 A great ride! :sohappy:

fantasiafan

Original Poster
someone else had the moderator posting/ review issue. Here is their project myimagineer's project:

UP
A journey narrated by Russell.
Exterior: The house and balloons
Interior:
Stage 1. Waiting in Line
When first entering the house you see a replicated style of the Up house with the beginning of the film’s story told in pictures lining the walls.
When Carl & Ellie first met as kids and how they grew old together.
While waiting in line right before boarding the attraction Russell is being quoted
“Good afternoon, my name is Russell and I am a wilderness explorer from tribe 54, sweat lodge 12, are you in need of any assistance today. I could help you cross the street. I could help you cross your yard? I could help you cross your porch. Well I gotta help you cross something”

Stage 2. On the Ride
The seating is attached from above which is hidden by faux balloons.
The seating mimics back and forth Carl & Ellie’s chairs—fitting 2 to 3 people each.
As you enter the first turn:
Mr. Fredrickson “Arghh who are you people….well I guess you will also be joining us huh Russell”
Russell “Yes sir!”

The City – You start by floating above the city with a combination of actual three dimensional sculptures and 3D special effects to give you greater depth.

Thunder storm - when floating through the thunder storm fog is being projected one with clouds and lighting along with flashing lights from above and behind you. The ride has a slight side to side movement giving a great feel of a thunder storm

Meeting Kevin (Bird)
Russell” The wilderness must be explored raw!”
Once passing through the storm we are soaring above paradise canyon we descend some to get close to the large sculpted trees giving this room an extreme rain forest feel. The room is S shaped hiding Kevin around the bend. The ride descends some more until we are floating through the forest and past Kevin and Russell playing while Mr. Fredrickson watches.

Meeting Doug (Dog)
Ride does not ascend or descend, we feel as if we are on the cliff plans when we meet Doug.
“Hi my name is Doug
Doug’s fur rubs against your legs, which has been hidden within the chair.

Cliffs with the dogs: Dogs breathing on your neck from your chair by pumping in air.
Transition Front door opens and view of a screen by soft fog (clouds) has the airplanes shooting at the riders. Smaller sized room, Airplanes work with 3D glasses. Room is painted with bright blue skies and light clouds. Ride goes through front door and floats up above screen which enters the blimp.

Floating through the blimp
A cylinder style room giving the blimp a tunnel-feel.
Russell is sliding across the windows like the movie. The windows are screens for the 3d glasses to allow Russell to talk to us and tell us he’s OK.

The Escape
The following room slowly floats your ride to the ground floor. The room is filled with colorful balloons all lit up and moving up and down.
When exiting:
Russell “ Thank you for helping me get my badge!”

fantasiafan

Original Poster
this is quitarman's project. It wouldn't let him copy and paste to the site so it's not overdue

Queue:

The queue area for the ride will be a boarding station on Earth, run by BnL, evacuating people to their Axiom starliner. Once you enter, you will be in a futuristic airport environment. There will be plenty of windows, with views of Earth loaded with garbage. There will be WALL-E robots out working on the cleanup. The main attraction in this queue will be a fully functional WALL-E. He will have his own area where he is free to interact with guests. His area will have "trash" (specifically chosen and clean for safety), that he will be able to scoop up and form into cubes that he will stack.

Loading Area:

As you approach the loading area, you go through a scanning system, which BnL uses to analyze your health, and select a custom chair for you. The ride vehicles will look like the automated chairs from the movie. The actual ride vehicle will be 4 rows, 4 chairs wide, but each seat will feel separate from the others, to enhance the feeling that you are in your own automated recliner.

The Ride (Dark Ride, Similar to Dinosaur)

You enter the ride, and immediately recognize the large main area of the Axiom ship. There are numerous people zooming all around (a mix of animatronics, video projections, as well as other ride vehicles). You are taken to a wing for new recruits to the ship, as you are the "last batch" of humans scheduled to be on this ship. To ease you into life on the ship, you are sent to a sleep chamber where you will rest for a 24 hour sleep while your body acclimates to the ship's atmosphere.You enter a dream sequence room, a mist filled room that will be filled with dreams about the Earth and nature as it used to be. At the end of this room, an alarm clock wakes you up, and you are given a heartfelt apology from BnL, as a system malfunction has kept you sleeping for about 700 years! As you are freed to roam about the ship, you join the story of WALLE and EVE. Using his limited speech, WALLE urges you to follow him as he chases EVE. A higher speed portion of the ride ensues, as you glide along other passengers with EVE and WALLE ahead of you. You arrive at the bridge just in time to see see Auto and and GO-4 as they hide EVE's plant from Earth, and try to keep the ship rom heading back to Earth. As WALLE and EVE are taken away, you see the plant being carried by GO-4 toward the escape pods. WALLE communicates to you with his eyes that you need to go after the plant and return it to the bridge. You take off in your chair, and take part in another chase. As GO-4 puts the plant in the escape pod and leaves, your vehicle is able to jam the door just enough to let WALLE get in and out to grab the plant. You race with him back to the bridge and get the plant to the captain, who is able to put it in the holo-detector, sending the ship back to Earth. In the bridge area, you watch as the ship returns to Earth, and then head out to the unloading area to get back to Earth.

Unload Area:

As you are standing up from your chair, for the first time in 700 years, there will be several videos with instructions on performing basic tasks, such as how to walk. There will be "windows" looking out to Earth as a whole crew of WALLE vehicles is out there cleaning and restoring Earth back to how you remember it. You are, as always, directed to a gift area, but again, a fully interactive WALLE will be here, interacting with guests, and showing off his new use (now that Earth is clean again), stocking shelves!

Originality 9/10
Creativity 9/10
Fun 9/10
Realism 7/10 I don't see it fitting in Pixar Place
Detail 10/10
Presentation 9/10

overall 53/60

myimagineer

Thanks for posting that. So weird. Did anyone else have that problem? I would post it, and preview, and it said thanks for posting, your post won't be visible until a moderator approves it. And then it never showed up! I hope this post shows up.... Is there a character limit for posts? Or a limit for newer members???

I had the same problem. Tried for two whole days.

fantasiafan

Original Poster
not all the judges have posted their reviews for the newer projects i have PM'd them but here are everyones complete scores by the judges who have marked them:

GoofyDonald; 156/180

kermitdefrog: 145/180

epcotImagineer: 145/180

Kjswanson: 92/120 (only 2 judges marked so far)

theguitarman: 103/120 (only 2 judges marked so far)

MyImagineer: No reviews yet

comics101

Just wanted to say sorry for not having a project in...and sorry for taking so long to let you guys know, I can't participate this time around. I thought I was gonna have more free time but booooy was I wrong. Good Luck to you guys though!

^ That's all right. We all get busy. :)

UP
Originality 8/10
Creativity 10/10 Dug's fur touching your legs. Need I say more? :)
Fun 9/10 A nice dark ride with many surprises.
Realism 10/10 realistic
Detail 9/10 detailed
Presentation 9/10 Easy to read, well organized.
Overall: 55/60 It was really well done. :sohappy:

A note: The next couple months I won't be online very much, so there's a chance I won't be able to grade some of the projects.

fantasiafan

Original Poster
my reviews will be up shortly. FF just PM if you will be away on the due date or the day after the due date and I will make it out of 1 judge. Now the real question is where is the third judge

Sassagoula-Rvr

Yeah sorry guys...I had a great concept I felt but I didn't have time to flesh it out like I wanted...Life got busy quick!! hopefully the next go around.

fantasiafan

Original Poster
GoofyDonald; 156/180

MyImagineer: 110/120 (only 2 judges marked so far)

fantasiafan

Original Poster
GoofyDonald; 156/180

MyImagineer: 108/120 (only 2 judges marked so far)

because some judges haven't marked yet. I am going to change this to percent.

Kermitdefrog: 80%

epcotimagineer: 80%

KJswanson: 77%

theguitarman: 85%

Myimagineer: 90%

GoofyDonald: 86%

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom