Trip Report The Empty Nest, Flower and Garden, Club Villain, Too much Food Report! 5/9-5/15 *complete*

Well, we are just back from our first ever childless Disney World trip! I went into this trip with mixed emotions. Still excited but also a bit sad. Our children are 21 and 18 and have their own things going on that kept them from being able to go. So for the first time since we had kids, the hubby and I went on a vacation just the two of us.

I want to start this report with a photo of our original cast on our last trip together. We have been going since my son was 3. Disney holds so many precious memories of my babies growing up. I honestly did not know how I could still have fun without them but we did. I missed them but was able to relive so many things that made my heart smile so much. They were not there with us physically but were 100 percent in our hearts the whole time!
image.jpeg

And here we are on our Empty Nest trip-
image.jpeg

On to the trip!

Dates 5/9-5/15

Coronado Springs

(As a warning, this report is going to be photo heavy! I took photos of everything! Especially the food and drinks)

We left about 10:00 pm on the 8th after spending some Mother's Day time with my babies. I am a terrible rider, literally hate being in a car so it is easier for DH if I am asleep. We always do the morning show too on day one, but traffic kept us from being able to do that this year. :( Our room was ready at 7:30 though which was great because I wanted to freshen up anyway. We went straight to our rooms which were in Ranchos this time. I love Cabanas so I was disappointed at first but ended up being okay. I have never understood people complaining about the walk at Coronado but then again, I love to walk around the resort. Still prefer Cabanas but it was still nice.

Arrival shot
image.jpeg

Ranchos
image.jpeg

Room
image.jpeg

My family has serious Disney traditions, that we follow every trip. MK always first, Splash is first ride and lunch is always Pecos Bill's. Without both kids, I just felt like maybe it was time to do something different and save those special firsts for when we go back together. So, off to Hollywood Studios we went where our first ride was ToT! We then hit RnRC with fastpasses and then headed back to see the closed areas.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

As excited as I am for what is to come, it was an end of an era for me. I loved the Streets and Pizza Planet was our thing. The kids always loved it. The food was bad, I know but it was Pizza Planet!! I cried, I could not help it. The rocket came down the next day so glad I got that photo.

After we checked out all of that we were starving and went to eat at Rosie's, but our pin for dining and magicband did not work!! Guess what? Cannot be fixed with the ap, by phone or in the park, so we had to leave and go back to Coronado. That was a pain so we just decided to eat there.
Think I am close to my photo limit so will continue with next post.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Have I ever said how much I love the Boardwalk and Beach area??? I love it! We always spend an evening just walking around when we eat at Cape May Café. Have been known to ride a big ole bike too, even when our kids bailed on us last trip. ;) We skipped it this time though.. but I did get this artsy for me anyway. Margarita shot.

Take 2..

Before I move onto the pics of Cape May Café food, I want to take a tiny moment, to send a huge shout out to Disney servers! We have had so many wonderful ones, over the years and this one was no different. Special shout outs to Mark, Coral Reef, Roy, Ohana, Arthur at Mama Melrose, Leslie at Cape May Café, and also to Bob at Dawa Bar for always still making my Harambe Cooler. :) Also, to the many, many amazing cast members that make Disney what it is. A Man and Mouse may have started it all but Cast Members, who believe in pixie dust and smiles make it the truly great place that it is.. Thank you all!!!

And the food!

We went back to HS I think, but then again I left camera in the car, so not 100% sure. That was also a good thing too. When there are only two, and those two are so alike, you just kinda go with the flow... Not so many votes in other words. But our last day we had quick visits to AK, where we ate at Tusker House, followed by a goodbye at Epcot, back to the resort to get ready for Club Villain!

***Spoilers I am going to post my Tusker House and random photos first, but let me go ahead and say, I have done a lot at Disney, and Club Villain was, by far, the best, smoothest and so worth every dime we paid for and more. If it is not continued, I will be so sad. I would literally do it every trip! Bravo Disney. Ya'll rocked this. Best way ever to end a trip.

*edit forgot to say, Creamsicle Cheesecake at Cape May Café is to die for!! I ate 3.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
We hit EE, and I did FotLK again. (Love that show) ate at Tusker House, which is so much better than Boma now to me anyway, much more to choose from plus characters! I can't do a trip without a character meal. I really feel like this place is overlooked. We have done- Hollywood & Vine, The old Soundstage, with Genie, Rafiki, Meeko, and Esmerelda, Crystal Palace, every year, Chef Mickey's both breakfast and dinner, same for CP, Liberty Tree Tavern (my fave) Garden Grill, Ohana breakfast, may even be more, I would have to go back and look, but point being, interaction is so wonderful. Servers are great and even help with teenagers who may have decided characters at meals are not so cool.
My two, 2014, Our server that Donald that DS was hitting on Daisy.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I swear, he missed me too.

Last I heard Goofy was gone. So glad to see his Goofy face and tell him I finally met Maxie! To which he did a cute danced and hugged me!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Charl Williamson

Love the flower pictures!!! Last time i was at the F&G festival was 2014 and then my favorite princess (belle) didn't even have a face!! Its amazing how they get all the facial features by just doing them with flowers!! Loving the trip report its helping with the Disney blues!!!!!!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Love the flower pictures!!! Last time i was at the F&G festival was 2014 and then my favorite princess (belle) didn't even have a face!! Its amazing how they get all the facial features by just doing them with flowers!! Loving the trip report its helping with the Disney blues!!!!!!
Thank you! I live through other people's reports in between my visits! Definitely helps. :)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Still having a little trouble with my computer but hope to get the many more photos loaded this evening. I am going to stop and talk about the amazingness that this event was. Worth every penny in every way and honestly, then some! We got the AP discount price at 99.00 but even if we hadn't, just saying so worth it. The whole set up from the feel of the room, the food was wonderful, especially the Voodoo Pork Wings and Shrimp and Grits. The drinks were great, the entertainment.... Absolutely outstanding, character experience- outstanding. Disney really ran this whole thing perfectly. If they do continue it, which I pray that they do, do it! I know if we can do it again in the fall we definitely will. It isn't for small kids and there were not any there at the show we saw. It isn't rowdy by any means but just has a more adult vibe. Most everyone there definitely had a few drinks and were letting loose a bit but in good, fun way, not obnoxious or anything. We had an absolute ball. More coming up!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I was so excited to finally after years of trying and hoping at MNSSHP, meet Maleficent. She is perfect. I love the look and her attitude and quick wit is wonderful. I greeted her with a Well, well, well, finally get to meet you. It was funny, she said I am hard to find aren't I? Then she asked if it was worth the wait.. All of these characters were spot on. So much fun!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The Evil Queen was just as amazing. I said so, I hear I should definitely not take an apple from you.. She offered it but then said I really don't recommend you take it.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The Queen of Hearts, was absolutely hilarious! When we walked up I told her DH had been itching to play her at Croquet. She throws her head back and goes into this whole did you say Croquet??? It was a hoot. One of the very best character experiences ever. They were all great but she was my favorite.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Continuing on with photos. I am sad to say that we did not get to meet Cruella. That was my choice though, the show started again and I wanted to be where I could watch it. I hate I missed out on that but I did not want to miss any part of the show, it was so good. I am sure she was amazing to meet because she was awesome in the show.

This guy is amazing!!! So is Dr. Faciler, he is in every way, just perfect. Voice, the way he carries himself, everything. I truly hope if this show doesn't continue, that these performers will be used somehow. They are all great!

kimberlymautz

I want to do Club Villian so badly! Alas, I will be traveling with my daughter and I think she'd be afraid of it. I hope they keep it so I can go on a future trip!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
We had originally planned on going to MK so I could ride Splash but by the time we got back to the resort it was so late, and to be honest, Club Villain was a perfect way to wrap up a trip so we skipped it. I think having APs have relaxed us a little and we will be back August 30th and there for MNSSHP. I did have to stop and pick up an Eeyore for DD, and a Star Wars shirt for DS, so we decided to swing by Disney Springs... Which was opening day. I did not realize it was, I am not a shopper while at Disney, and did not even know to bring camera. It looks cool, but not something I would waste a park day on, I can shop at home. The food looks great, now that I have seen pictures, but again, just not what I would do while at Disney. I also had my sights on a tradition for us.. a little place called Jekyll Island, where the beach was empty and as always, it felt good to kick back and relax after going non stop!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And that cute fella, I went on a date with when I was just 16, and he 18... Well, he still draws me the most amazing Mickeys, and after all these years, we figured out, it is okay for mom and dad to be B and She for a little while. We missed them but we felt like teenagers again. It was nice. Mom had her moments, and cried but, we have a lot of Disney trips left, some hopefully all together again, and some with just branches of us, but the important part is memories built over the years, and the love that all 4 of us have for each other and for place we all counted down for each trip. One day, my kids will go with their familes, and we may not go, that doesn't mean we won't be there, because, they will take us, in memories, just like we did them.

Disney families are different, not because we love Disney, but we do things differently, I swear.. ❤️
Sappy , but I do want to end this report the same way, I started it, with the original unit of 4, last trip, favorite ride.
image.jpeg

Dads 2 Boys

Awesome. My wife and I were there most of the time you were for our first adult only trip as well and I'm prepping my trip report now.

While it is very different, it's more relaxing especially traveling via plane. There were a few times I missed the kids but to spend quality time with the person you love in the place you love is special too.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Awesome. My wife and I were there most of the time you were for our first adult only trip as well and I'm prepping my trip report now.

While it is very different, it's more relaxing especially traveling via plane. There were a few times I missed the kids but to spend quality time with the person you love in the place you love is special too.
Can't wait to read. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom