The DVC Tour.. any info?

jburns

Original Poster
Has anyone here done the Disney VC tour? Just wondering how much time I should allot for this when I'm down. Do they offer any specials to go along with the tour? stuff like that.

Thanks all,

J:xmas:

ZapperZ

I am guessing that all the DVC members here (there are many, and I am one) have done the tour.

You should try to allocate at least a couple of hours to it. But don't worry, at the end, they give you this card to every member of the group that gets you two "super fastpass" at the attractions that you wish to go on (provided that the fast passes for that attraction have ran out).

As for "specials", I don't think there is one just because you take the tour. If there are specials to be had, you'll get it no matter if you take the tour or not. You will get some refreshment as you walk in, and ice cream as you walk out after the tour, at least that's what I got when I took it.

Zz.

Nemo14

I remember when they first started DVC, they gave us a $50 gift certificate for a WDW restaurant just for listening to them! :)

mouselvrmom

I think that it depends on what they might be offering when you are down there. Last trip there was a 100 gift card incentive that was on our nightstand table. When we booked a tour to redeem it, the lady was like, wow, I didn't know we were still offering that. So you'll just have to see if they still have anything like that.

I am guessing that all the DVC members here (there are many, and I am one) have done the tour.

We must be in the tiny minority of members who have not taken the tour. We bought over a year after our first trip to WDW without ever seeing a DVC room. Our first trip as members was to the Beach Club (before DVC was there) and the Contemporary. It wasn't until our second trip as members that we stayed at the Boardwalk. The gentleman who brought our luggage said something to the effect that we knew where everything was in the room. He was shocked to hear that we'd never seen a BWV room before and was very nice about explaining everything we needed to know.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The tour is nice, and if you have questions before you go, ask away and they'll get answered.

We received 4 meal vouchers when we booked our tour. :)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We must be in the tiny minority of members who have not taken the tour. We bought over a year after our first trip to WDW without ever seeing a DVC room. Our first trip as members was to the Beach Club (before DVC was there) and the Contemporary. It wasn't until our second trip as members that we stayed at the Boardwalk. The gentleman who brought our luggage said something to the effect that we knew where everything was in the room. He was shocked to hear that we'd never seen a BWV room before and was very nice about explaining everything we needed to know.

We bought into the DVC without taking the tour as well. We were contemplating buying a travel trailer and I told my wife, "Why dont we do the DVC instead". Monday morning we called for a package of info and its been "happily ever after" ever since....

Pippa

We took the tour last week and although the DVC isn't for us now we know the details it was very interesting and informative.

Allow 2 hours, tea,coffee,water,lemonade all provided with cookies, ice parlour at the end (yum!) and 3 fastpasses each for any ride, any time.

Well worth it IMHO

darthjohnny

We didn't take the tour either. Just bought it over the phone from NJ

Wow! You guys were convinced to shell out out that money and you didn't even quite know what you were getting? Pretty risky. But I guess you guys are happy with what you got. :)

To the original poster, the DVC Tour will give you complimentary transportation to and from anywhere in Disney property (i.e. a park, Downtown Disney, your Disney hotel room, etc...)

And they give you some snacks, ice cream, and free photo along the way too. :) :xmas:

Wow! You guys were convinced to shell out out that money and you didn't even quite know what you were getting? Pretty risky. But I guess you guys are happy with what you got. :)

:) :xmas:

All information that we needed was supplied by the rep with whom we conducted the transaction. I didn't see it as risky. A real estate interest can always be sold down the road.

Other than seeing what the actual rooms looked like, what would we have gained by waiting until our next vacation and going on the tour? It wasn't as if we were investigating a vacation that we hadn't experienced, just the individual resort. When we joined, I had no intention of staying at BWV anyway. I thought we'd always stay at the Contemporary. Now, however, I can't imagine going to WDW and not spending some time at BWV.

We knew we liked WDW. We saw this as a way of insuring affordable vacations for many years to come and yes, we're happy with what the DVC has provided for us.

darthjohnny

All information that we needed was supplied by the rep with whom we conducted the transaction. I didn't see it as risky. A real estate interest can always be sold down the road.

Other than seeing what the actual rooms looked like, what would we have gained by waiting until our next vacation and going on the tour? It wasn't as if we were investigating a vacation that we hadn't experienced, just the individual resort. When we joined, I had no intention of staying at BWV anyway. I thought we'd always stay at the Contemporary. Now, however, I can't imagine going to WDW and not spending some time at BWV.

We knew we liked WDW. We saw this as a way of insuring affordable vacations for many years to come and yes, we're happy with what the DVC has provided for us.

Well, it still can be risky spending all that money, even if it is Disney. And you decided to purchase after your first trip to Disney. Also, you could have not liked the rooms provided. So there was some risk factor. Just saying :xmas:

jburns

Original Poster
Great information... almsot related to these last few posts I might end up investing in this before I get my tour. I'm going down in Feb (maybe end of Jan) but the promotion of $86 per point will be over. Can't see myself waiting a few more weeks only to pay $101 per point.

Anyway... thanks for all the info.

J

Magic Maker

Hi there! I am an ASA I book the tours, but I am not here to do that you can speak to anyone. Anywho, We typically always have a promotion going on, but you are right the member referral price will not last forever.

It is up to you, you are more than welcome to talk to someone over the phone. If you want to see it, touch it, so forth then do our Open House.

jburns

Original Poster
I'll be talking to my sales rep tomorrow and hopefully the package will arrive before we speak. I'll do the tour either way.... can't pass up the ice cream!

wdwjmp239

DVC Cost

Can anyone quickly give a run down on how much you shell out for the DVC? I'm interested in doing it, but never get around to actually booking an appt for the "spiel"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom