The Disney Look is Changing

TP2000

99.5% of Guys With Beards = Gross.

Why even bother having standards if they are just going to keep lowering them every few years? :confused:

Mad Stitch

I thought they began to allow men to have a beard a few years ago? The only stipulation being they had to grow it in on vacation/holiday/personal time.

CaptainShortty

This change has been a long time coming. It will be interesting to see how Disney is with the strictness of enforcing the rules associated with it (length, neatness, etc.). Personally, I'm not a fan of the change but I guess we'll see what happens... :shrug:

wdwfan22

It saddens me to hear they keep downing the dress code. As for the casual Friday's it's gotten pretty casual already in some areas.

DubyooDeeDubyoo

I can not complain about this with the provisions included. They've probably kept No Beards around for a couple decades just because managers can more easily spot a violation than a "well okay, but only THIS far" policy.

maxairmike

It saddens me to hear they keep downing the dress code. As for the casual Friday's it's gotten pretty casual already in some areas.

This sounds like it is strictly for office types, like the Casting Center, or TDO. It's a non-issue if you ask me, and actually probably a good change. Working an office job currently, casual Fridays (and casual week for the week between Christmas and NYE) are not only comfortable, but also convenient.

EDIT: Talking specifically about the casual Friday part.

wdwfan22

This sounds like it is strictly for office types, like the Casting Center, or TDO. It's a non-issue if you ask me, and actually probably a good change. Working an office job currently, casual Fridays (and casual week for the week between Christmas and NYE) are not only comfortable, but also convenient.

EDIT: Talking specifically about the casual Friday part.

Yeah i'm referring to the office/corporate positions. The dress code has already become sloppy in thos areas this will just add to it.

I'm glad that men can grow beards now!!! I was a College Program intern for the past few months and the poor guys had to shave every day and got TERRIBLE razor burn. I'd rather a guy have a nice beard or goatee instead of a huge diseased-looking rash. Just my opinion though.

RunnerEd

I'm glad that men can grow beards now!!! I was a College Program intern for the past few months and the poor guys had to shave every day and got TERRIBLE razor burn. I'd rather a guy have a nice beard or goatee instead of a huge diseased-looking rash. Just my opinion though.

As a military man, I say boohoo. Nobody made him apply to Disney or the College Program. The standards were known when he took the job. If he couldn't deal with them, he was free to depart. It's called being a grown up. :brick:

MonoManBlue

I guess it's just me, but I don't think this is a big deal. I guarantee you if someone grows a beard, and doesn't at least maintain it to a respectable level, Disney will have something to say about it.

maxairmike

As a military man, I say boohoo. Nobody made him apply to Disney or the College Program. The standards were known when he took the job. If he couldn't deal with them, he was free to depart. It's called being a grown up. :brick:

I didn't see complaining about having to shave, I saw a statement that nicely groomed facial hair looks better than the razor burn that looks like a bad rash or the raised areas of skin from the razor pulling you get from not so high-quality razors. And honestly, is a $200 razor really a good way to spend that cash? As a guy, I say heck no! Go get Call of Duty and a used Xbox. :lol:

TP2000

If you have razor burn after shaving, you are obviously doing it wrong. :eek:

College aged boys usually do a lot of things wrong, and a morning shave is usually just one of them. They need a father or grown man to teach them how to shave properly based on their ethnicity, hair growth patterns and skin conditions, and then shaving daily is no big deal.

But college aged boys being college aged boys is not a good enough reason for Disney to lower their standards yet again. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom