The DHS Pixar revamp! (According to Jim Hill)

OGMickey

I wish WDI would build more unique rides based on what would be fun and entertaining to ride (ie: Expedition Everest),

I agree i would love to see more themed rides that are not necessarily disney related. (ie: Expedition Everest, Tower Of Terror, Rockin Rollercoaster, Small World) Most of my favorite rides are not disney related at all!! Look at the rides that spawned movies (pirates, Haunted Mansion,.....)

I like the Pixar rides and i view them as disney not as a separate company. If they made them for Disney then there Disney movies. Who cares if the Disney animators were not the ones to create them. If all of the people from Pixar quit there jobs and moved over to Disney would it be different.. No you would just change the name of the company that makes the same type of movies. If all of the old classic Disney movies were created by one guy that was not affiliated with Disney, would you not like them because Walt didnt think of them himself. Why segrigate the 2 companys. Pixar is a part of Pisney just like ABC, ESPN, and all the rest. So if they want to make Pixar rides let them make them, just stop makeing rides about the same movie.

comics101

From the way I understand it, Jim Hill made it sound like the queue will be kind of Star-Toursy. Did anyone else read it like that?

I for one am totaly stoked about this news! I really hope it's true. It sounds like it could be a great attraction!!!

DisneyDellsDude

I wish WDI would build more unique rides based on what would be fun and entertaining to ride (ie: Expedition Everest), rather than on what will sell the most toys and merchandise at the exit queue.

Lately on some rides it seems like it's a ride in itself trying to find the exit door when you're in some of these merchandise stores.

Same here, but I think we've still been getting that. We just had an awesome Haunted Mansion makeover that made the ride basically "like new". SSE also got a major refurb.

And now next in line will be a Space Mountain refurb, and a JII refurb.
And for an entirely new ride, people have been hinting that something may happen in the world showcase based on Mt Fuji.

Hopefully with Pixar Place, "pixar attractions" can head into there.

Thiger

can anyone just be happy that something cool is getting built?

Here Here!
While it would've been nice to have pixar here and classics there whats done is done. Personally 'm happy that they're building new experiences and rides and am looking forward to having a lot of fun on these rides.

Spike-in-Berlin

My biggest question after reading the article (with a grain of salt, of course) is if DHS is getting the MI coaster and MK is getting TLM clone ride, what are the other two parks going to get for the 40th anniversary? Mythical attraction or Parade of Lights for AK? Replacement for Body Wars, new pavilion, or a ROE replacement (SAY IT AIN'T SO!)? Any thoughts?

OK I used to get into these abbreviations quite good so far as a newbie but what is TLM and whats ROE?

hokielutz

I know I may get stoned for making this suggestion.... but it would really be great if the Indy speedway could be re-imagineered into a Cars attraction.

Now before throwing those boulders I see you are picking up... let me talk a bit.

I don't mean to just re-theme indy into a Cars speedway.... but to really redo the attraction. Disney could get into the alternative fuels / Hydrogen fuel cell / electric etc... and employ one or multiple technologies into cars that guests can drive on the race-track. And you can have the Cars characters talking up the new technologies as improved means for transportation that is both green and innovative. So in a way, this would cover multiple issues with the current Indy Attraction.

• Covers a long needed Refurb
  • Themed to today & tomorrow
  • Will now fit the Tomorrow Land theme due to technology and transportation
  • Air around the attraction will not smell of putrid exhaust fumes
  • And for the tree-huggers, the attraction will have a reduced "carbon footprint"
Let the throwing or rocks commence

krankenstein

I know I may get stoned for making this suggestion.... but it would really be great if the Indy speedway could be re-imagineered into a Cars attraction.

Now before throwing those boulders I see you are picking up... let me talk a bit.

I don't mean to just re-theme indy into a Cars speedway.... but to really redo the attraction. Disney could get into the alternative fuels / Hydrogen fuel cell / electric etc... and employ one or multiple technologies into cars that guests can drive on the race-track. And you can have the Cars characters talking up the new technologies as improved means for transportation that is both green and innovative. So in a way, this would cover multiple issues with the current Indy Attraction.

• And for the tree-huggers, the attraction will have a reduced "carbon footprint"

I actually agree. If they aren't going to rip it out than make it worthy of your time by upating it. The only thing I would do different with you proposal is make it apart of Fantasyland instead of Tomorrowland.

*ducks the flying tomatoes*

hpyhnt 1000

Hm. Another Pixar based attraction. Well, at least its going into the proper area in DHS. Sounds interesting, but as others have said, why has it taken Disney so long to get this thing out there? From what I gather, they spent quite a bit of time to get that Laugh Floor thing created over at MK; in the time that was going on, why not go all out on this attraction. That way, Pixar Studios could have opened with 2 brand spanking new attractions. :shrug:

All the same, this should be a decent addition to DHS, and it is needed badly. If this thing does happen to become reality, one thing I hope is not done are the scream/laugh canisters throughout the queue. Can you imagine standing in line for 45-60 mins listening to people scream or laugh their heads off? :dazzle: :brick:

Spike-in-Berlin

I wish WDI would build more unique rides based on what would be fun and entertaining to ride (ie: Expedition Everest), rather than on what will sell the most toys and merchandise at the exit queue.

Although you are right about more unique rides, you have been to EE have you? And have you seen the Serka Zong shop? There is a LOT of merchandise there. A unique ride doesn't exclude automatically a merchandising shop. And btw I miss elaborated merchandising areas in quite a lot of disney attractions because I am someone who likes to buy attraction-related merchandise.

aeroc33

I for one find it funny that we are talking about building multi-million dollar rides in the same park that is cutting it's major entertainment offering down to 2x a week to save money?

MousDad

I for one find it funny that we are talking about building multi-million dollar rides in the same park that is cutting it's major entertainment offering down to 2x a week to save money?

I've been thinking about this too. My guess is that operational budgets are more sensitive to slowdowns in parks spending/attendance, etc. Hence, the cuts in operations are the first to show their head during slowdowns, and can be easily reversed or increased as needed. The building of attractions would fall more in with capital expenditures that are built in to long term budget plans.

Of course, the other possibility is that I have no clue what I'm talking about. :lookaroun

Spike-in-Berlin

Why throw stones? I agree totally! I just don't get it why this severely outdated, completely unthrilling, extremely boring ride is allowed to fillout such a valuable, large part of Tomorrowland, annoying guests with fumes and noise and all because of some small cars that drive around on a fixed track with less speed than any bicycle. Is it really so popular among kids that Disney still doesn't consider closing it? It takes up nearly one FOURTH of Tomorrowland's area.

Spike-in-Berlin

Ever thought about the possibility that they are cutting down the entertainment program to save more money to invest in much more needed additional attractions even in times of economic turmoil? I would do the same as a Disney-executive. How many people would cancel a disney-trip just because Fantasmic (which I didn't like much anyway) is not featured on a daily basis anymore or PI is closed and how many would plan a new trip due to new major attractions? I would accept quite a lot cut on the entertainment sector if they in return would finally build Fire Mountain, Mt. Fuji Rollercoaster or Indiana Jones Adventure.

elchippo

I'm all about a Monsters Inc coaster (since it would just be taking up empty real estate) but I will be very sad if/when Bugs Life hijacks HISTK. I love that movie:(

WeLComeHomE OKW

I actually agree. If they aren't going to rip it out than make it worthy of your time by upating it. The only thing I would do different with you proposal is make it apart of Fantasyland instead of Tomorrowland.

*ducks the flying tomatoes*

That was about to be my response exactly. There is no need to try to make it fit tomorrowland, just make it apart of fantasy land and move over the entrance to tomorrowland and retheme some shops. it could work, and maybe it would make the air not smell like 37 year old gasoline.

Eyorefan

My guess is that the money is that WDI's budget is seprate from Entertainments. So one doesn't really have much to do with the other.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
The only way that Door Scene from Monsters Inc. happens is if it is a 4-D type motion ride that uses a Soarin' type ride system and an IMAX type film. Hey now there is a concept! :D

Not only is that a concept worthy of a "hey now", it's the only way I can imagine the ride qualifying as a "family" coaster that little ones could go on.

Although how would the inversion work? Personally, I am not a fan of inverted coasters, I can't go on them as I get a splitting headache afterwards.

Mstr Gra-c

Why does everything nowadays have to have some sort of holier than thou "message"...why cant the message just be "fun rules"!!
Personally I like the smell of the exhaust fumes over there...that mixed with the smell of food and the flowers and trees is exciting to me. It reminds me of a time when attractions were made to be well FUN. Why do we have to worry about Carbon Footprints and emissions...GOD HOW BORING. IMO, either update it (make the cars better, slap some decals on there, update the theming etc...) as I believe they may have done recently...or just tear it out and put something new and exciting in there...hopefully with nothing to do with Pixar!!!

And yes I know, Walt liked that his rides had messages and inspired the brain as well as the funny bone but his messgaes were about how great we are, how great we can be and how with teamwork, ingenuity and freedom we can do anything. Not about how we are all killing the planet and everyone who even thinks about driving a race car is a horrible person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom