The Definitve Wdw Speech

LongballMG

Original Poster
below is a speech I plan on delivering to my class on WDW to persuade them. Read it over and make suggestions, if you would please. Then tell me whether you were persuaded or not

thanks for your help

Longballmg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is one of the biggest questions in the world, a question that provokes much thought, a question which can knowingly lead you down a tremendously correct path or ghastly wrong path is where are we going on vacation? I can answer that question plain and simple for you in three words, ne in three letters, WDW. Yes, Walt Disney World is the BEST vacation destination in America. Whether you are 3 or 103, you can have the time of your life at the happiest place on Earth. I know that the teenagers in the audience are wondering “Why should I go to Walt Disney World, when I could be carousing the beaches of Cancun or having fun in Miami?” First of all, Walt Disney World is the safest place to be, a place where everyone has fun. How can you walk through that magical gateway before you descend on Main St. USA and not smile? Walt Disney World is a thrill-seekers paradise, but if you are not into the thrills like me, WDW has something for you as well.
Imagine for one second what it would be like to be shot off in a Space Shuttle and fly to Mars. The weightlessness, the amazing feel of the blast off, and the all along knowing that your responsibilities as Captain, Commander, or Navigator have a direct impact on whether you will succeed or fail. Mission SPACE, WDW’s newest adventure takes you to Mars and back without leaving the friendly confines of EPCOT Center. The attraction was designed in cooperation with NASA engineers and as astronaut Neil Armstrong said when the attraction opened “It is insanely real, you feel the zero gravity and float just like you would in Space.” It is amazing! You walk into a centrifuge, are strapped in, and experience one of Disney’s greatest Thrills and BAM! You suddenly have no gravity and are weightless. If you think that those people at Disney do not think about the person in the ride, then you are dead wrong. As intense is the ride experience is you will not get sick. This ride was specially designed so the riders would not get sick.
But what if I do not like the thrilling rides such as M:S, Tower of Terror, Test Track and the Rockin Roller Coaster, just to name a few. There are plenty of rides at WDW for the whole family to enjoy. Try the magic of Fantasyland to see the Disney World that Walt Disney imagined. Classic attractions such as Peter Pan’s Flight, and It’s a Small World are truly masterpieces. The Pirates of the Caribbean, one of the first theme park rides to inspire a blockbuster movie still fascinates guests with an ocean wave of audio-animatronics and music that wows repeat guests.
But, in Cancun the food scene is off the hook, The Drinks are da bomb, and The Beach is awesome. Well, there is nothing like food at WDW. With over 100 restaurants and 16 bars you have all the fun you would have in Cancun in WDW and still have 4 amazing theme parks, and 3 water parks. A teen favorite for fun and music is Pleasure Island. This late night scene is filled with ten nightclubs. Lighting up the party scene is the BET Soundstage Club and another club 8-Trax. The BET club is like an all night party where everyone is dancing, the music is good, and the food is hot. The best part about Pleasure Island is that every night is New Years Eve. At Midnight the party really starts when the ball drops and it is January 1 again.
Well, the vacation of a lifetime is waiting. You have to follow the spirit of Walt Disney and live out his dream by visiting THE DEFINITVE vacation destination on the planet. So what are you waiting for because as the wise man once said “Tomorrows Horizons are Here Today!” Take it to the next level!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
that is a great speech. Is it for a speech class? If you are allowed to have a visual aid, you should consider a power point to show them the reasons why they should pick WDW.

Sounds pretty good to me. I would give you an A on it. I dont see anyhting wrong with it. One thing i would add is writing that makes a person use there senese. For example saying something like "walking down the streets of frontierland with the sweet smell of turkey legs." or "as I go under the Main street railroad station i see cinderellas castle pup up." These are just a few suggestions. My eglish teacher loves it when i write stuff like that. She thinks that makes a paper perfect.

Pixie Duster

Just a few things, sorry I was once studying to be an English teacher...
In this sentence "It is one of the biggest questions in the world, a question that provokes much thought, a question which can knowingly lead you down a tremendously correct path or ghastly wrong path is where are we going on vacation?"

Change it to "...correct path or ghastly wrong path: where are we going on vacation?" Using "is" did not agree with the structure of the sentence.

I would suggest that you change this sentence, "Walt Disney World is a thrill-seekers paradise, but if you are not into the thrills like me, WDW has something for you as well," because the content that follows kind of confuses me, in the sense that why would you say ",but if you are not into thrills like me, WDW has something for you as well", and then go into a section about the latest thrill ride? Try something like "WDW has something for everyone, all ages, all tastes, anyone. For instance, for the thrill seekers theres Mission Space..."

And there are only 2 water parks now, not 3 :lookaroun :animwink:

Woody13

Originally posted by LongballMG
It is amazing! You walk into a centrifuge, are strapped in, and experience one of Disney’s greatest Thrills and BAM! You suddenly have no gravity and are weightless. If you think that those people at Disney do not think about the person in the ride, then you are dead wrong. As intense is the ride experience is you will not get sick. This ride was specially designed so the riders would not get sick.

Each guest now gets a barf bag as standard issue! :D

billybaruch1

Originally posted by LongballMG
Imagine for one second what it would be like to be shot off in a Space Shuttle and fly to Mars. The weightlessness, the amazing feel of the blast off, and the all along knowing that your responsibilities as Captain, Commander, or Navigator have a direct impact on whether you will succeed or fail.

Great enthusiasm for your topic. Slight problem with the facts: it doesn't matter whether you push the button or not. :lol: There's also a fourth "responsibility." But I'm pursuaded. :sohappy: Maybe you might want to time how long it takes to tell it out loud and then add some more reasons in support of your argument if you have time.

KevinPage

LongBallMG,

To give you some critical analysis, I would change the "tone" of the following remarks:

"biggest questions in the world" - you make it sound like planning a vacation is almost as serious as world peace or curing cancer.

"IS THE BEST" - too preachy and downplays other people's opinions, so you can alienate your audience immediately

Disney primarily is NOT a thrill seekers paradise. A vacation tends to be relaxing. I'd play up the fact of many attractions, rides and shows, with a great mix of everything. WDW is more well rounded than anything else, that's the beauty of it.

Also, don't spend as much time on all of the details of Mission Space, I'd cut that short and talk about a few shows, and other rides as well.

Part of the Disney experience is the general feeling you get just "being there" and their attention to detail, that you are not able to describe in words, people have to experience it themselves. By adding this or something along those lines, it let's people imaginations wonder, think & fantasize, as opposed to flat out telling them: "they have this and that".

And finish with something like, "WDW is like being in a different reality, sort of a vacation utopia where you actually FEEL removed from the rest of the world as if this exists inside a bubble"

barnebd5

I've done a 100 slide power point one time about WDW...and I've written a couple papers and an article about it. It's amazing how far you will go and how much you can do once you get going and you're a WDW fanatic:lol:

disneyisbest

I have a few things I would like to say about the content of the speech. When you first mentioned Cancun. You used it as a reason the teenagers would bring up as more fun. However, later in your speech you use the term "The Drinks are the bomb." I am no so naive as to think that teenagers don't drink. But that dosen't make it any less illegal either. Secondly I don't think that Cancun and WDW are a fair comparison. I mean one is typically a spring break destination and the other is more of a family destination. Granted WDW is a family destination that also attracts single guest or people who just want to bring some friends as well. Personally I think that the reason teenagers chose cancun is because spring breakers are on a budget. A budget that WDW does not fit in.

LongballMG

Original Poster
WOW! thanks for your prompt responses. especially thanks to Kevin for his detailed constructive critcism. I have taken all your comments to heart and will adjust accrodingly.

Thanks again

LongballMG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom