The December ADR exchange!

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Due to the group Iam traveling with having made different dinner plans for our December trip on certain days, I thought it would be great to make a thread for ADR's on certain days at certain restaurants to be made known before I cancel them, so hopefully a fellow WDWMagic can scoop them up before someone else does.

Here is how it will work if others can't make it as well and want to release their ADR's.

I will post the the days of the ADR and the hour for which it is, then I will post the day I will cancel it, if someone is interested in the ADR, they can post what time to they want to try to pick up said ADR. I don't know how fast the ADR goes back to the general public, so if someone can clarify how that works it would be great.

So here goes.

December 7.

All of these ADR's are at 6pm.

LeCellier
Coral Reef
Ohana
Chef Mickey

December 11

All of these are at 6pm.

LeCellier
Coral Reef
Ohana
The Garden Grill
Teppan Edo

I may have a couple more days to cancel ADR's, so I'll keep adding as needed.

Jimmy Thick- In-Laws.....

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I'd like to take a shot at your LeCellier reservation on the 7th... :)

Let me know when you want to try for it, I'll cancel it right now. I just don't know if it goes right back to the public as soon as I cancel it. I was hoping if someone knows how canceled ADR's work.

You know, I brought up this very idea a few days ago after I saw it on another board and was basically told it would never work.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=612192

I guess you just have to have the right people reading your post.

No matter if it would ALWAYS work or not, I think it's a nice idea. If you're in the parks already - and the dining is the day of, it may not. But I have ADRs for two weeks from now - the poster above has them for December. I feel like I would love to give people from these forums a chance. Could the system grab them immediately and have someone else take them? Sure. But it's nice to try :)

No matter if it would ALWAYS work or not, I think it's a nice idea. If you're in the parks already - and the dining is the day of, it may not. But I have ADRs for two weeks from now - the poster above has them for December. I feel like I would love to give people from these forums a chance. Could the system grab them immediately and have someone else take them? Sure. But it's nice to try :)

I agree...it would at least be another alternative to hitting refresh on the reservations page fifty times a day.

mrerk

Premium Member
Tampabrad said in the other thread:

It wont work. The dining system runs in real time. if a reservation is cancelled, it can be picked up in a matter of seconds. Plus WDW does overbook.

It seems to me that "real time" would make it easier. Say you cancel a reservation at 10:00. I call (or click) at 10:01. Unless someone jumped in at 10:00:30 it should still be there, right?

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
It goes right back and I checked on purpose. I have a Sci Fi ADR at 5pm and checked if a 5pm was available. None. I canceled it, then checked for it and it was there. It goes right back in the system.

NYwdwfan

I love this idea! Regardless of whether or not it works...it turns ADRs into more of a sporting event than a ___shoot. I arrive 12/12 so it doesn't affect me but I am still interested if it works!

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I think we may have to change this up a bit.

Last evening I tried to get some answers and at 10pm central time, I took one of my Le Cellier ADR's on a different day and canceled it. At 10:01 it was back in the system, one minute later, it was gone.

So with that being said, it appears people are trying to get ADR's all night, so in order to get the ADR's to the people from this site, a little planning maybe involved.

Also, I will give out my ADR's on a first come first serve basis, I got almost 50 pm's over this already. And no, I won't take money, thats silly. But that might be a good business to make money...

Jimmy Thick- Always the trendsetter!

I think it just needs to be understood that this is an "opportunity" to get a cancelled ADR. Knowing when someone is cancelling will at the very least increase your chances.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom