The Cowfish

danpam1024

Original Poster
Just returned home from 4 days at HRH/UOR :'( Wanted to comment on The Cowfish. I was the only one in my family of 3 that wanted to go, so I was there with 2 pouty men. They quickly came around once we stepped inside. The make your own fish for the computer tank is a nice touch. We went for a drink at the bar while we waited for our table. I got something with mint and cucumber- it was delicious. The boy got a rice crispies treat milk skake-OMG! There was a screen on the bar, you could look at the menu, play games, and look up/plan things on the uni website- pretty cool. We sat outside- perfect view! Service was kinda slow, but they were SLAMMED and super nice, so we didn't really mind. We got the crab rangoon dip, calamari, and truffle fries for apps (we were STARVING and everything looked so delicious). Our fav was the calamari- it was so tender and had a sweet chili sauce- new twist on an old favorite. The crab dip was a close second. I'm not a fan of cheesy fries, but they were good as well- more truffle salt would have been Nice. Dinner- son got a burgushi roll- which he went nuts for, I got a bento box- little bit of everything, and hubs got a steak/lobster roll. For dessert- grown up milkshakes! We could barely walk when we left! Although we didn't play, they had a bean bag set (corn hole game) on the back porch with a bar- and a little area for the little ones to run around a bit. My son liked it so much, we went back a second time during our short trip. I HIGHLY recommend trying Cowfish- it's like nothing you've ever tasted.

Knothead

Just returned home from 4 days at HRH/UOR :'( Wanted to comment on The Cowfish. I was the only one in my family of 3 that wanted to go, so I was there with 2 pouty men. They quickly came around once we stepped inside. The make your own fish for the computer tank is a nice touch. We went for a drink at the bar while we waited for our table. I got something with mint and cucumber- it was delicious. The boy got a rice crispies treat milk skake-OMG! There was a screen on the bar, you could look at the menu, play games, and look up/plan things on the uni website- pretty cool. We sat outside- perfect view! Service was kinda slow, but they were SLAMMED and super nice, so we didn't really mind. We got the crab rangoon dip, calamari, and truffle fries for apps (we were STARVING and everything looked so delicious). Our fav was the calamari- it was so tender and had a sweet chili sauce- new twist on an old favorite. The crab dip was a close second. I'm not a fan of cheesy fries, but they were good as well- more truffle salt would have been Nice. Dinner- son got a burgushi roll- which he went nuts for, I got a bento box- little bit of everything, and hubs got a steak/lobster roll. For dessert- grown up milkshakes! We could barely walk when we left! Although we didn't play, they had a bean bag set (corn hole game) on the back porch with a bar- and a little area for the little ones to run around a bit. My son liked it so much, we went back a second time during our short trip. I HIGHLY recommend trying Cowfish- it's like nothing you've ever tasted.
Thanks for this. I too am the only one in my family that wants to try it out and am glad to hear there is something for the kids to do. Next time we go, I'm dragging everyone in.

Tinkerkelle

I am dying to try this place. Reading the menu makes my mouth water! Not a fan of sushi but everything else...:hungry:

I just made all my ADRs for the WDW portion of our trip so that's us locked in. Good to be organised but we're not going till October! Great that we can be more flexible at Uni. Did you make a reservation @danpam1024 ?

danpam1024

Original Poster
I am dying to try this place. Reading the menu makes my mouth water! Not a fan of sushi but everything else...:hungry:

I just made all my ADRs for the WDW portion of our trip so that's us locked in. Good to be organised but we're not going till October! Great that we can be more flexible at Uni. Did you make a reservation @danpam1024 ?
Nope, we waited 15 minutes at 6 pm
My son said "there's nothing on the menu that I want to eat". Normally I'm the catering type, but I decided to stand my ground so I said "well, I guess you're gonna starve then". Kid loved everything we ordered and was begging to go back the next day. SMH:p

Last edited:

danpam1024

Original Poster
I saw that place and thought about eating there but I got out vetoed. After a day at the parks my family is usually in the let's eat fast mood.
I HIGHLY recommend just going for the milkshakes- sit at the bar, cool off and have an adult yummy- the kid ones are fab too!

Tinkerkelle

Nope, we waited 15 minutes at 6 pm
My son said "there's nothing on the menu that I want to eat". Normally I'm the catering type, but I decided to stand my ground so I said "well, I guess you're gonna starve then". Kid loved everything we ordered and was begging to go back the next day. SMH:p

Can you imagine rolling up to a new restaurant in WDW with such a fab menu and such reasonable (especially for theme park) prices without a reservation made 180+10 days out and a piece of your soul?! Mine and husband's problem will be deciding which burger to try. Figured we'd eat there once but feel like a repeat may be in order. Am definitely having the krispie milk shake. Kids menu looks good for the 2 boys.

danpam1024

Original Poster
Can you imagine rolling up to a new restaurant in WDW with such a fab menu and such reasonable (especially for theme park) prices without a reservation made 180+10 days out and a piece of your soul?! Mine and husband's problem will be deciding which burger to try. Figured we'd eat there once but feel like a repeat may be in order. Am definitely having the krispie milk shake. Kids menu looks good for the 2 boys.
That's why I'm hesitant to go back to WDW. I absolutely refuse to plan every detail of my vacation. I was quite surprised how Disney Springs is coming along, it's looking fantastic- not enough to make me want to decide what I want to eat 6 months out though!

Mukta

Thanks for the review. It was open when I went in Jan, but I already had plans to eat elsewhere. I'll move it up on my list of places to try.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom