The Choice Sign Ups

Matt7187

Original Poster
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to The Choice, the newest imagineering competition on WDWMagic! This competition is unlike any other ever seen around here. Being judged by me, @spacemt354 and @Voxel, this comp will be a highlight of 2015! Taking subliminal influence from the hit NBC singing show The Voice, there will me many things that make The Choice unique. Some of those include:

-The Blind Audition
-Advisors that will guide you along through the competition
-Saves
-Totally Unique Challenges

Now let's go more in depth on those.

The Blind Audition
An aspect from The Voice, but it has been modified to work for this format. Later this week once we fill up all twenty spots, I will send out a very simple prompt for you to respond in 3 sentences or less through PM. Then, I will in turn post it in a PM with the advisors, who will read the submission but not know it is yours. They will then decide whether they want you or not, and teams will be decided that way.

Advisors
There are four advisors for The Choice, and they are @MonorailRed, @englanddg, @Sam4D23, and @TheOriginalTiki.

Their task will be to look over their team, guide them in the right direction, and post the final submission (unless they are busy, it can be delegated to a contestant if me or another judge is alerted 24 hours before the due date). They can not do any actual work for the submissions unless notified in the prompt, or it will result in an automatic loss that round.

Saves
There will be saves from the advisors. Used in earlier seasons of The Voice, each advisor could save one eliminated contestant from another team and bring them onto their team, but there is a catch. The advisor will have to choose someone on their team to leave the competition. Each advisor has one save for the season.

Unique Challenges
The judges and I have poured through the challenges from ever major comp since Masters of the Parks season 1 to ensure we have no duplicate challenges.

Rules/Guidelines
-There will be no extensions on due dates unless a judge is notified 24 hours in advance, and it will only be extended by 3 hours max
-Keep all discussion on the discussion thread that will be created
-Critiquing other contestants submissions is allowed, but don't be nasty. You can be critical, but keep tempers cool. Remember this is just a game
-Eliminations will be handled by the judges, so there is absolutely no need for alliances
-We will try as hard as we can to make due dates on weekends, and give breaks for Halloween and Thanksgiving
-Challenges will mainly be in your teams, but occasionally there will be exceptions
-There are no merges, once everyone from a team is eliminated, so is the advisor
-Don't copy work previously used, or it will result in an automatic loss
-Have fun!!

We promise that this will be one of your favorite comps ever, and make sure to expect the unexpected!

6284861_orig.png

spacemt354

Chili's
Hey everyone! I was really excited when Matt had asked me to be a judge...from what I've seen from challenges and stuff...The Choice looks amazing! You all will have a great time.

I reached out to a few of you just letting you know about the comp coming up...Happy to say that @MCParradox and @orlando678- will both be making their competitive returns! They both wanted to sign up so they will definitely have spots once this starts!

In addition, @Brer Panther, @ctxak98, and @brb1006 all expressed interest! (I will let them sign-up themselves though, because I don't want to answer for them, but your interest is exciting!)

Zweiland

The first "intro" challenge will be assigned once we reach 20 people, and will only require 3 sentences. The first challenge will likely be near the end of September, possibly the 21st. The comp will end in late November/early December
How do eliminations work? Is it always someone from the team that loses, or is it a person from any team that the judges choose?

RMichael21

The first "intro" challenge will be assigned once we reach 20 people, and will only require 3 sentences. The first challenge will likely be near the end of September, possibly the 21st. The comp will end in late November/early December
Not to be annoying, but how would it work with the E8 if you end in early December? I mean, that would mean that your competition wouldn't count towards the points... :confused:

spacemt354

Chili's
Not to be annoying, but how would it work with the E8 if you end in early December? I mean, that would mean that your competition wouldn't count towards the points... :confused:
I was helping out with the schedule so I can answer this:p....it would end before E8. Matt said early Dec because he wanted to give off for Thanksgiving. The end date is kinda flexible.

Matt7187

Original Poster
By early December, I mean like December 1st early. If the Elite 8 even happens, this wouldn't have any conflict with it. And this was on the schedule for this year, so it counts for points, if that is still even being tracked.
How do eliminations work? Is it always someone from the team that loses, or is it a person from any team that the judges choose?
From the losing team.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom