The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Not sure. Cats just like warm places.

Somehow tonight my cat managed to pull a sweatshirt out of my laundry basket on top of the nearby heat vent and I found her asleep on it, so she was sleeping on something soft and was also warm:rolleyes:. She also loves burying herself under several layers of blankets on my bed.
that sounds adorable! should have taken a photo! :D

Cesar R M

Two good movies there with Frozen and Saving Mr. Banks. I haven't seen American Sniper yet, I want to but hubby doesn't want to see that one. So I will probably wait for it to come out on DVD. I want to see Imitation Game too but haven't gotten time yet.
I really liked Saving Mr. Banks. The lady was insufferable.
I liked how in this version she "warmed up". So bad it didn't happen in real life, neither the driver part.

Cesar R M

As of February, I will be with my company for 10 years....

I am thinking of quitting, moving to Orlando, take a hourly position at WDW, and working my way up until I have an opportunity to bring back the "glory days" there. Sound like a plan. :cool::D:p
sadly, you will be fired just like they did fire Lessetter. They do not accept creative guys anymore, they want "Yes-men".

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I understand what you're saying, and appreciate your comments on this. Although everything you said is basically true, (about how men and women should always have the same status--and for the moment, I'm focusing on the First Lady's visit only), observing the customs of the host country, for leaders/presidents, etc. (and their spouses) is diplomatic courtesy. Cultural roots go deep, and sometimes something as simple as extending a warm handshake can be viewed as a direct insult. With so much at stake in this volatile world we live in now, I think world leaders are walking on eggshells as it is, just to maintain a modicum of peace.

There may be a time and a place for addressing certain issues (status of women in certain countries), but change comes slowly (if at all), and I would not be in favor of broaching the issue, upon the initial greeting in the host country. I think that any positive change may better be accomplished via another approach (perhaps via U.N. human rights initiatives, as just one example). Then, hopefully, the issue may (eventually) be added to the official agenda for discussion at a host country.

As for the nuns, thank goodness they don't have to wear those habits anymore!! We used to call the nuns "penguins" because that's what the kids thought of with their black and while outfits! :p

Yeah, I understand your point. I'm just wouldn't want a First Lady to have to deny her own self worth for the sake of others political and religious views about her because she is female. My own views are human rights trump courtesy or customs of an oppressive nation with regards to females. If it takes Michelle to act like a cowering female in the presence of men to deliver peace with that nation the President and First Lady should have just stayed home rather than encourage such bigotry.

Yeah. The Penguin suits were awful. Black and no air conditioning and trapping all that heat under those habits to what end? Priests only wore that stuff and not on their face and head for services. Other than that pants and shirt while the females had to wear all that clothing year round. Didn't seem to phase Sister Bertrille though.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Of those 3 flicks I've seen in the last 3 years, I honestly don't remember anyone (even the kiddos - which there were none of in American Sniper) causing any interruptions, phone or otherwise.
When American Sniper ended everyone filed out of the theater in complete silence.

I'd rather go to your theater from now on, however, it would take days to drive to it! ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yeah, I understand your point. I'm just wouldn't want a First Lady to have to deny her own self worth for the sake of others political and religious views about her because she is female. My own views are human rights trump courtesy or customs of an oppressive nation with regards to females. If it takes Michelle to act like a cowering female in the presence of men to deliver peace with that nation the President and First Lady should have just stayed home rather than encourage such bigotry.

Yeah. The Penguin suits were awful. Black and no air conditioning and trapping all that heat under those habits to what end? Priests only wore that stuff and not on their face and head for services. Other than that pants and shirt while the females had to wear all that clothing year round. Didn't seem to phase Sister Bertrille though.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. Certainly, valid points expressed on both sides of this issue.

seahawk7

Marshawn Lynch makes enough money he doesn't give a carp. It's "strategery self-promotion" in a way. Look at how many people are talking about him and that puts focus on the Seahawks.
Marshawn Lynch is a really good guy. He has had problems with the media misquoting him in the past. He does a lot for his community and does do interviews with people he trusts.

seahawk7

Two weeks ago, I bought a brand new ($100) coffee maker (a 12-cup one, not a single serve like Keurig) from a high-end brand, that I've used in the past as well. I had one dud a few years ago, but this one broke after using it two times! I'm taking it back to the store tomorrow. Been reading online reviews of many different brands (in various price ranges) and none are stellar. Are there any decent brands of coffee makers out there anymore?
I just buy a 20 dollar one at Walmart or Target, the brand varies. It usually lasts at least a year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom