The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I believe it in terms of expenses for tires. There also is the gas expenses with that show.

I do know that the expenses as a whole with that show was one of the big reasons why Lights, Motor, Action! went away.
It seems like everyone has left out what was probably the most expensive part which was the folks that drove those cars with such skill over and over again. Not to mention the clothing and personal cooling systems needed for them to survive the heat of those cars (in Florida) that outfits and helmets, etc. Unless they had a full audience they were eventually going to figure that it was costing more than it was worth. But it wasn't just that because the spent billions to replace it.

In that same park is another outdoor theater that has been running since the park opened. Indiana Jones has been filling the seats all these years, same sun above, same hot humid Florida air, so it is probably more demand anything else. Star Wars to the rescue. I only went to LMA about three times over the years and it seemed to me that you had to hike what seemed like miles just to enter it and them climb up and down a lot of stairs. It also depended on the time of day whether or not it had direct sunshine on the audience area.

I know that the fake buildings of the streets of America were fascinating but except for the fake houses seen during the backlot tour you just walked around in the sun in that area. It is much better now. What I do miss is The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. Now that was worth going to Florida to see and I did all three times. Seems that they ran out of places to hang the lights, but they really could do better than what they do now.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
It seems like everyone has left out what was probably the most expensive part which was the folks that drove those cars with such skill over and over again. Not to mention the clothing and personal cooling systems needed for them to survive the heat of those cars (in Florida) that outfits and helmets, etc. Unless they had a full audience they were eventually going to figure that it was costing more than it was worth. But it wasn't just that because the spent billions to replace it.

In that same park is another outdoor theater that has been running since the park opened. Indiana Jones has been filling the seats all these years, same sun above, same hot humid Florida air, so it is probably more demand anything else. Star Wars to the rescue. I only went to LMA about three times over the years and it seemed to me that you had to hike what seemed like miles just to enter it and them climb up and down a lot of stairs. It also depended on the time of day whether or not it had direct sunshine on the audience area.

I know that the fake buildings of the streets of America were fascinating but except for the fake houses seen during the backlot tour you just walked around in the sun in that area. It is much better now. What I do miss is The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. Now that was worth going to Florida to see and I did all three times. Seems that they ran out of places to hang the lights, but they really could do better than what they do now.
Indiana Jones is under shelter whereas the stunt cars was open stadium seating with only the top few rows in shade. But I do agree with your reasons for performer expense .

Goofyernmost

Indiana Jones is under shelter whereas the stunt cars was open stadium seating with only the top few rows in shade. But I do agree with your reasons for performer expense .
Stunt was open in the front quarter of the bleachers those were always in the sun, but it was mostly covered. I don't remember what direction it faced, but I'm thinking east, if that is true then afternoon the back three quarters was shaded. Vice-versa if it was facing west. So the whole back area was either in the sun in the morning (if east) and the afternoon (if west). If west that would put it generally the same temperature as the surface of the sun. Either way I always sat in the shade, still hot but doable. It also seemed to me that it was open on the sides so the sun could hit the side areas all day depending on the angle of the earth at the time. I only saw it in February and once in December so maybe I missed the fun time. Not worth doing the astrological research to figure out since it is gone now and would be a mute point plus I'm to lazy.

rshell68

big brother weirdo GIF by Global TV

Lilofan

Lights Motor Action Stunt show at DHS had a great run. I think it opened in 2005 then closed in the mid 2010s. One sad point is that if one had their hearts set on seeing the show and it rained all afternoon , then all shows were cancelled for the safety of the performers. We were walking behind the Grandstand seating area and when a Lights cast member opened a side door we took a peek from outside. It looked liked a fully equipped gym inside and that's pretty neat. The drivers need to stay in shape for their strenuous work that they do on a daily basis.

My friends had attended the comedic performance of Kathy Griffin during the infamous after hours One Mighty Party back in the day. She performed at Lights Motor Action in front of thousands at the Grandstand seating area. She had more than a foul mouth!

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I actually feel sorry for the foam heads that have to roam EPCOT and Animal Kingdom mainly during peak summer.
I still remember some nightmarish tales. Like one of them sneezing inside the suit and making him a snot plaster on all his face and being unable to clean himself for quite a bit until he managed to get to the suit change area.

StarWarsGirl

I actually feel sorry for the foam heads that have to roam EPCOT and Animal Kingdom mainly during peak summer.
I still remember some nightmarish tales. Like one of them sneezing inside the suit and making him a snot plaster on all his face and being unable to clean himself for quite a bit until he managed to get to the suit change area.
I had a teacher in middle school who formerly had a gig as the Raven's mascot. He said it didn't matter if it was 20 degrees outside; those suits were still hot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom