The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yeah now I see it. Her hair is combed back. I guess people were also commenting that a ponytail was too casual for the circumstances. I don't have an opinion either way.

Heh, heh . . . I, also, could care less how someone wears her hair. ;) I've got bigger fish to fry!! :p And right now, I have another crisis to attend to. My dog, Jack, decided he wanted to sleep on the floor behind my desk chair. My chair is on wheels and I need to step away for a moment, but every time I try to back it up, there is a dog blockade and he ain't budging! :confused: Time to lean down and forcibly push back his carcass out of my way! He acts like such an entitled little cretin . . .

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
One of the partners at the office (actually, the one who gave me my review today) and his family went to England and France (mainly London and some Paris) over spring break. He said the English/British food was awesome!
This, comin' from a native Texan that has eaten tons of BBQ, Tex-Mex, Asian, Italian, etc., over his lifetime.
Maybe it was the fact that they've never really had it before, but, they just loved it...! :)

Makes me wonder what types and level of dining they were experiencing in London. My sister said that about their trip to Ireland last year. In Dublin the restaurant choices were great but as they went on to visit family and friends the more local establishments were meh.

Gabe1

Yep, of course, the Disney gift card was something we used to get asked about all the time at The Disney Store. "What can it be used for?" At the time the answer was... "Pretty much everything, except Rainforest Café..." and there was one other eatery that, for the life of me, I can't remember right now. :confused:
When I was a CM there, if I remember correctly, it could be loaded with anywhere between $5-$1500.
I think, at some point, the minimum went up to $15. :)

When my DD and I went during Flower and Garden last year. In the gift shop I bought $100 gift card. It was great to use for bottled water, an adult beverage in the WS, my DD craving a cupcake, those small little purchases where I didn't want to dig out my wallet, I just kept it in my back pocket.

NOTE: A tip I've shared from my DS a few times. Take a photo of the codes on the back of the card. If lost or stolen go immediately to guest services and with those numbers they can void the card at the balance remaining. Same thing if you have a hard admission or party ticket. Take a photo of those numbers on those also.

Gabe1

I have the news on and every 5 minutes they are talking about Jessie Jackson Jr being released from prison and moving to a halfway house in Maryland where they don't anticipate him to stay long. His DWifey is due to go to prison in a month. Criminal or not I can't believe the media is following the family entourage around as they drive back to the WDC area and keep updating their journey over the road and break in to the news every few minutes.

Gabe1

I've got bigger fish to fry!! :p And right now, I have another crisis to attend to. My dog, Jack, decided he wanted to sleep on the floor behind my desk chair. My chair is on wheels and I need to step away for a moment, but every time I try to back it up, there is a dog blockade and he ain't budging! :confused: Time to lean down and forcibly push back his carcass out of my way! He acts like such an entitled little cretin . . .

Awe, Jack loves you so he wants to get as close to you as possible when you wake up and before you leave him to go off to work. :inlove:

Gabe1

I so don't want to stay and take my class. I'm so tired. I was talking with some nurses last night and they are also feeling run down. We are thinking it's the springtime allergies.

Blah! Sorry. :(

For whatever reason they are saying the pollens are horrible this year here and way too early. Since we got a lot of snow on Monday and it is still mostly on the ground plus it stuck in the trees cause it was heavy...I'm hoping it knocked down a chunk of the pollen. Dreams.

Gabe1

Okay, I actually thought she was supposed to look that way.
Many African American women wear their hair very, very short, or shaved completely, and look absolutely stunning.

Here's some trivia - in Canada, black people prefer to be called Black. Very few recognize themselves as African Canadian, as most of our black population hail from the Caribbean (Jamaica, primarily), rather than from Africa.

I have a friend that is from Jamaica. He chooses 'other' over African American. My Moms friend who was born here but of Japanese heritage and spent her childhood in a Camp likes Asian over Japanese because of the slang names she was called during and after WWII. Just like my Hard of Hearing discussion last week or my thoughts on the term
Little People everyone seems to have their own thought processes of how they should be labeled. With the terms going in and out of favor I can understand how many get 'caught' being politically incorrect.

Our superintendent several years ago really offended many and as much as I disliked the dude I don't believe it was his intent. We were discussing Special Ed inclusion classes and ratio caps in individual classrooms. One of our board members blew a gasket when he spoke to how many classrooms were absent of inclusion students. Said something to the order of 1/3 of the classrooms have all normal students without special services where he should have at the time used the term General students. It really is tough speaking in any official capacity off the cuff and not every once in a while unintentionally pull the wrong word.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom