The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
And, for what it's worth, and for whoever cares, I'd like to apologize for my recent spaz on this thread.
I, mostly, do come here for fun, frivolity, and silliness, but, I also realize that real life and opinions tends to bleed over into the thread, as well. I have NEVER put anyone on ignore, and have NEVER reported a post. It's just not in my nature.
Anyway, my sincerest apologies to anyone my comments may have hurt or offended. None of you deserved that.
From now on, I will just move past (like I have mostly done in the past) what I don't want to get involved in, and there will be no comments from me.
Again, my sincerest apologies to you all.

No problem. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Cold weather and snow allowed Dec. 24, and 25th ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, snow on the 23rd would be okay. Then it can just look pretty for the 24 & 25 of December and melt on the 26th. Hubby doesn't like snow on December 24 because it drives down church attendance and we usually have to drive somewhere on the 25 so I don't want to drive in snow.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Horrible, that's going to cause more blood clots (deep vein). It's hard enough for me to be on a plane, my circulation can't pump the blood up as it used to be. Think swollen legs, and ankles. That's scary. Last time we flew economy it was a half seat. I wrote United and said they we going to be sued for no leg support, and causing clots. I don't have my alcohol to rely on opening up my veins. I wonder how this flight will go.

Maybe when you check-in for your flight you could see if there are any upgrades and if it is within your budget to do so. You could always ask again at the airport. Perhaps with some extra space your flight won't be so bad.

donaldtoo

Thank you, and I think we all understand. This thread is usually a happy outlet for people, and once in while it goes off-track a little, but eventually straightens itself out. :)

I was thrilled to see you back here this week, and I had a hunch that you'd probably return. (Maybe that was just selfish wishing on my part, but I was really missing all the great conversations you've participated in here.) Welcome back!!! :happy: :happy:

That was very sweet!
Thanks you, Minnie...!!! :)

donaldtoo

Hubs and I had a fun day today. The Wild (hockey team) was having a free open practice today in St. Paul. So we went over there and had a great breakfast at Mickey's Dining Car. It is very much a greasy spoon, and the food is awesome, but I'm not always sure it would pass a health inspection. Let's just say the floor was very slick that when I went to the bathroom I basically skated my way in there. Oh and the restaurant was featured in the Mighty Ducks movie and the movie Jingle All the Way.

We sat at the counter and watched the food being cooked on the griddle in front of us. The hasbtowns are covered by the toast but the potatoes are shredded fresh daily.
View attachment 230486

View attachment 230487

A couple pictures from the practice. It was fun watching the guys practice.
View attachment 230488

View attachment 230489

View attachment 230490

The mascot Nordy
View attachment 230491

The logo for the year
View attachment 230492

View attachment 230493

On the way home we stopped at our favorite Italian deli and grocery store and got some good stuff for dinner tonight. Then went to a friends birthday party for a bit before
Relaxing at home.

I did notice the main tree in front of our house is starting to turn colors.
View attachment 230494

Now just snuggling with this cutie.
View attachment 230495

Hope you all had a good Saturday too.

Glad y'all had a great Saturday, as well...!!! :)
I don't think I've ever seen The Mighty Ducks all the way through, but, I definitely remember the diner scene with Ahhhnold ;) and Sinbad from Jingle All the Way!
Again, glad y'all had a great day...!!! :)

betty rose

Cesar, I think it was more wishful thinking on @MySmallWorldof4 's part, that a very large plane should have parachutes. ;) I thought it was a great idea, even though it would never happen on a larger plane. :) My guess is she was referring to something like this one--

p01nw79c.jpg

Although, according to this article from the BBC, some aviation science geeks came up with a formula for the larger planes--21 parachutes. Link below--interesting reading:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20131223-should-planes-have-parachutes
Great article. That would be fun, landing by parachute. I'm in, let's get together and buy a four seater. :happy:

MySmallWorldof4

Cesar, I think it was more wishful thinking on @MySmallWorldof4 's part, that a very large plane should have parachutes. ;) I thought it was a great idea, even though it would never happen on a larger plane. :) My guess is she was referring to something like this one--

p01nw79c.jpg

Although, according to this article from the BBC, some aviation science geeks came up with a formula for the larger planes--21 parachutes. Link below--interesting reading:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20131223-should-planes-have-parachutes
Yep. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom