The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Between the ongoing road work, construction, too many vehicles on the road, and distracted/lousey drivers, I have never once driven into the "big city" :jawdrop:. I'll take any form of public transit, or hubs would drive me, or I'd get a taxi if all else failed..

Now, hubs doesn't mind driving in the mayhem--but you have to understand that over 25 years ago--for a few years, he was a Boston cab driver, and also dispatched for one of the cab companies. So he was used to driving crazy. :p

All the above aside, if you get offered a really good job and only have to drive to the city once in a while, take the job. If you must drive into the city, just give yourself a lot of extra time. You'll be fine! :) Fingers crossed--I hope you get the job.

I have not ever driven into the loop of downtown Chicago. Ever. I dislike having to drive into other areas of the City too. The roads are too narrow for the amount of cars. When they were built there were dramatically less cars. There is not room to widen the main streets as their are carriage sidewalks then buildings. I'll take a bus, a train, Uber or a taxi in the Loop. Car nope.

donaldtoo

Yum--Dairy Queen dipped cones--we don't have many of those stores around anymore, but I remember that I used to like the disgusting cherry hard shell over the chocolate soft serve ice cream! HA! :p

Our dog hates getting his nails cut, too. He's a pain in the neck to the vet and the technician--he's just a horrible dog patient. Hubs has to hold him, along with the technician holding him, so that the vet can trim his nails, and give him an exam, and/or any shots he might need. He growls and is obnoxious.

The only good time he ever had at the vet was when he knocked over the treat jar out in the reception area--and proceeded to wolf down multiple treats, before the staff could get the jar away from him, and clean up the floor! :D

What was even funnier was that there was all-out chaos from the other dogs and cats there (who had been well behaved, until Jack started trashing the place). Took everyone a while to calm down their pets! :hilarious:

This post reminded me of this old Disney flick...!!!!! :joyfull: :hilarious:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yum--Dairy Queen dipped cones--we don't have many of those stores around anymore, but I remember that I used to like the disgusting cherry hard shell over the chocolate soft serve ice cream! HA! :p

thumb_600.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Currently sitting in a rather quiet area of Future World East. Between the unpopular UoE, abandoned WoL, and currently closed M:S, there's not a lot of foot traffic where I am right now.
That's the only thing good about the current situation. I hope the rumors are true about a fix to future world being announced at D23 I also hope they don't add an IP to everything. Keep having fun and let us know when you can how your first year went

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I couldn't agree more! Joy and Sadness would be a great fit in a redone WOL:joyfull: BTW does anybody know Disney's policy about picketing in front of an attraction? I may need a bail fund:oops:

I don't have any extra money to donate to your bail fund. However, I will visit you in jail. I'll even bring you an okra for a snack, because I know you love those! :D

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
5 dogs, not one blockage. I guess it is like kids, everyone is different. My pediatrician said no hot dogs cause kids choke on them. Never did. My DS choked on a lifesaver.

My DD choked (infant Heimlich by my nurse friend)she accidentally took on too much cheese off top of a pizza. Second time my DD choked just she and me were in our Disney resort room getting ready to meet the boys, she was about 7 years old. She had got one of those huge Pixie sticks in DTD. She tipped it back, too much went right into her wind pipe and eyes bugged out and she was rapidly turning blue. Momma to the rescue Heimlich adult version. I did it right! She shot pixie stick dust everywhere in our room.
Bought 2 little bottles of wine from the gift shop on way to bus stop for my job well done!!! AAAAHHHH! :eek:

My 2 year old choked on spaghetti noodles a couple times. I guess she didn't think they needed to be chewed so she was eating them whole like a snake, and after she'd swallow half a glob of noodles and the other half was still coming out of her mouth, she'd choke. Luckily spaghetti noodles are easy enough to cough back up, but we've started to cut her noodles into small pieces anyway. There are so many things they warn you about as a choking hazard, but it can definitely be the innocuous things you wouldn't have thought of that they actually choke on!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom