The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Um . . . so many things to comment on here . . . :in pain: But the one that wins the prize is someone volunteering you and hubs for "toilet duty" ?? :eek:. That's a new one . . . Now, granted I haven't been to any sort of big relative get-together for probably 18 years at this point (and I don't miss those . . . one of the benefits of rellies spread out all over the country). But, even back then, the host or hostess never asked, or delegated, anyone to toilet duty. I'll just leave it at that. If I were you, I'd at least guzzle a lot of beer this weekend . . .

Yes I have no intention of toilet duty, I have actually done very little to help with anything. Their uncle's girlfriend is here and hub's sisters think she is like a God and she is being the helpful Hannah. Beer will be my friend soon.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes I have no intention of toilet duty, I have actually done very little to help with anything. Their uncle's girlfriend is here and hub's sisters think she is like a God and she is being the helpful Hannah. Beer will be my friend soon.

Hopefully, they bought one of these -- you might need more than the usual cans or bottles . . .

cerveza-barril-50.png

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh, I didn't even touch on my MIL, who can't believe all of these girls give up their summer for this, and she can skip a week to hang out with Grandma in the north woods. She doesn't understand, that especially as an incoming freshman, who hasn't officially tried out yet, (it is treated as a sport, and has to be done with IHSA rules. Although, there is an awful lot of rule bending and skirting going on) yes, these girls do just that.
My mom and MIL aren't happy either seeing he won't be able to go for a week at one and then the other. Our babies our going to high school:eek::bawling::cry:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Today the exterminator is coming to treat the house for it's ant problem. Hopefully we will see some improvement in that department. My husband and I are so weary of trying to keep the ants out of the bird food/cages. Didn't have any ants in the living room, before the birds came. Terminex quoted a reasonable price for their treatment. I guess time will tell if this is successful or not.

Oy. Good luck! While we never had birds we put dog food in a tight seal Rubbermaid container, no bugs getting in there. When I sprayed mint extract diluted in sprayer water container the ants just left and never came back to kids apartment. I also put in cabinets Wrigley's Double-mint or Spearmint sticks of gum, (individually but still wrapped) in all kitchen cabinets at kids and my house.

One year we had mealy bugs in 2 cabinets, they are hard to get rid of but the mint did the trick. The ants came in my kids window, I could see them on second floor concrete ledge. Flowering tree rubbing on building and window. I poured several drops of pure extract out there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom