The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It's now been more than 9 months since the disappearance of Malaysian Flight MH370.
Anybody think it will ever be found?

Anybody, outside of my brother, have any recent interesting conspiracy theories to share?

donaldtoo

Wow! Now that's what I call a really good work luncheon! As for the Tiramisu, I gobbled that down so quickly, there was no time for a picture! :D (Plus we don't have a camera at work anyway.)

Might I suggest upgrading to a phone with a camera...?! o_O

640px-Minnie-Mouse-Daisy-Phone-1.jpg
Free-shipping-Cute-Minnie-Mouse-Hard-Plastic-Case-for-iPhone-4-ip-4-50288-.jpg

:D ;) :)

seahawk7

BTW, nobody claimed the extra shake in the tin cup, so I drank it.
No sense letting it go to waste.

Besides, think of all the calories I saved you. You're welcome. :happy:
That reminds of a little story: I was working one night in pediatrics about 6 years ago and a nurse had brought in a cake for all of us. I never had the time to get a piece so when the nurse, who brought it in, asked me if I got some I said no. She said, "well its all gone now, that's your loss." I was in a playful mood as I often am so I said, "that's my weight loss." We all had a laugh.

seahawk7

Yep, no doubt the cold has a major affect on automotive batteries.
Your standard battery (although, you can purchase ones that are specially made with insulation, etc., for cold weather, plus, you can also purchase an engine heater) has to turn over an engine with, basically, molasses in the crankcase. Beyond that, the chemical reaction that produces the current is impeded by the cold. Double whammy.
But, I'd hate to think that the best way to protect against that is to purchase a new battery every single fall... :confused:
Also, although more cars won't start on cold winter mornings, more batteries actually fail completely during the summer. Heat cooks off the electrolytes, and, basically, boils 'em dead.
A battery that seemed to be an issue during cold weather, is usually fine as soon as things warm up a bit.
All that being said, I would probably rather change a battery in 105 degree heat, than -5 degree cold. ;)

Also, one other thing I can attest to about heat and current flow, automotively...
I had a buddy that rebuilt an engine, years back. Once he got it all runnin' again, he would drive it for a while and then reach a destination at some point for a quick stop. He'd come back out shortly to try and start it, and the starter would drag. It would eventually start, but, it was a pain. Come to find out, he never reinstalled the heat shield on the exhaust manifold to protect the starter from the heat. All that excessive heat was drawin' down the starters ability to crank the motor and puttin' more strain on the battery.

Sorry for Auto Shop, but, as I've posted before, all my life, I've loved to know how things work. :)
I appreciate the Auto shop. Thank you

seahawk7

I'm kind of in denile that Christmas is next week. We don't have our tree yet since we were in WDW (I'll take that trade off any time!!) so I'm thinking that's why it doesn't feel too urgent yet. I better get in gear tomorrow!!

I did grab a Sorcerer's game packet at MK so I'm excited for DS to get that. And I also found a collector's pack of Star Wars Itty Bittys on sale at Hallmark - does anyone else collect these? We're pretty hooked on them. Pluto and Mickey had quite an adventure recently.
View attachment 76814
Any guesses to where they are?
The Land?

Cesar R M

These people were just so antiquated in the tech department that their leaders are likely antiquated too. They were launching WiFi in resorts that most major hotels had done at least 10 years ago and they did that poorly too so the more complicated things frustrate the heck out of me but don't surprise me. I don't even think they can contract out to the best people because the people letting the contracts likely don't get it. Foolish mortals.
or more like they are being cheap aholes and contract the cheapest companies instead of the best.

Cesar R M

It's now been more than 9 months since the disappearance of Malaysian Flight MH370.
Anybody think it will ever be found?

Anybody, outside of my brother, have any recent interesting conspiracy theories to share?
they took a few years to find the french one between Brazil and France.

as for conspiracies.
there are 2 juicy ones on the internet.

1) Chinese investors bought a huge chunk of a company(UK and US related). The last remaining major shareholders were in the downed plane with the chinese investors who bought their stakes. Only a single guy survived because he "missed" the plane.
He now owns the entire stake of the big company worth a few multi billions.
2) Chinese government tried to smuggle top tier tech from Texas Instruments and other companies. The US government decided it was too risky to let the chinese have them. So they claimed that "100+ lives are ok to expend" (the Chinese used a normal Malaysian plane for secrecy and for human shields).
The US used secret system to remotely control the plane. First making the plane go above and beyond its altitude ( limit to suffocate the pilot and passengers)
Then lowered the plane remotely, beyond the usual flying range; to avoid Radar. the conspiracy guys say they put a few decoys to make others think the plane crashed between Australia and India, when in reality it was remotely landed in Diego Garcia US base.
the US tech was then recovered and the Chinese spies were eliminated.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh yes, DWifey too. They always include spouses, partners, significant others.
Open cocktail bar to start, dinner, and then a white elephant gift exchange. It's always a hoot...! :)
Hopin' to receive a nice envelope at the office, tomorrow too, like every year. :happy:
Fingers crossed it ain't a year-long membership to the "Jelly of the Month Club"... :cautious:

:joyfull: :D ;) :)

Wow, I think that's great that your party is off-site :cool: , plus you can take a guest as well. (Think I'm just a smidge jealous, too.) I'm happy that you'll also get a Christmas bonus; you deserve that. I'll bet the White Elephant Gift Exchange will be funny! Let us know what fun gift you receive! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom