The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Storage locker or to the basement for storage?

They are getting socked like we did in 2011. In the Buffalo area I've seen motorists help both ambulance get going, an armored truck and Niagara College team of women stranded and stuck. The students were out of food and there were staff baby children on bus too (watch Frozen) and people made the track through blizzard to get them food.

B2yRXR4IAAA4ssf.jpg
B2wrz-PIEAAa4AV.jpg

They've made it back after 30 hours on the bus.

B20FYgDIQAAU2DJ.jpg

pc-141119-dog-snow-7a_52a4b6bd86b0c3369935401cc1c9fb10.nbcnews-ux-680-900.jpg
Storage locker.
After TSA went through my bags, both coming and going last year, I moved all my luggage to the storage locker I share with my brother. I'm assuming the drug sniffing dogs had a heyday with my bags last year. This time, no problems!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Those are perfectly normal shoes. ;)

But the real reason you can't relate to them, is because they're not flip flops! ;)

Ha! :joyfull:

Happy would have been/should have been 48th anniversary to my parents.

View attachment 74371

The look on your Mom's face is priceless!
I've had bronchitis and just have not felt like doing much the past few days. Missed two days of school and have been on a lot of medication

The trivia threads were the first time I've looked on here since about Sunday night, when I could tell I was starting with it.

Thanks for the concern.

Feel Better! Take care of yourself, finals on the horizon. How long are you off for Thanksgiving?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The look on your Mom's face is priceless!
I think she found the whole day perplexing. The entire service took place in Ukrainian, of which she spoke not a word.
Plus she had to keep up the pretext of being expectant, even though she wasn't.

Long story.
She thought she was pregnant. Told my dad.
He told his parents. They arranged everything - almost over night.
A couple of days later, she tells my dad, "it's all good".
He tells her that everything is booked and paid for, so they might as well go through with it.
Being only 17, she needed parental permission to wed, and that had been conditionally granted based on the baby.
All throughout the reception, all these little Polish and Ukrainian ladies kept rubbing her belly and asking, "When baby come Leenda?"
"Leenda" did not manage to get pregnant until their honeymoon; ergo I was born 3-months "premature". ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sorry I've been out of touch lately - too much going on to keep up - which I'm quite bummed about - (and pain levels keep going up and down, which makes it tough to sit for too long).

But, we are getting ready for some family fun times, hence the busy busy. Next week, we're traveling to Lancaster County to meet up with the inlaws and my BIL's fam. Then we're caravanning to P-burgh to see more of the DH's fam for Turkey Day and my DH's gramp's 90th.

HOWEVER, we're homeless for the actual turkey day and might be eating out. I'm cool with this as I'm the least of the traditionalists in the family. DH is not too thrilled, but willing to go with the flow. I think it will be an adventure - I even suggested Chinese food - which I promptly got the evil eye for. o_O

BUT - I do miss the daily chatting and will try to keep up more. I think I'm 30 pgs behind! EEEEK! And I just saw that the BAH is being removed. I definitely am not sure how I feel about it. I'm kinda attached now, but that is always how I feel about WDW changes... don't like them, get attached, they change, then I get mad again for what I didn't want in the first place.

Ok - babbling - I'll stop now. :D

Glad you stopped by and gave us your update. I hope that your pain level can be controlled so that you're comfortable sitting. Sorry to hear you're experiencing discomfort, and i hope it goes away for you.

I wanted to mention that eating out on Thanksgiving is fine. Thanksgiving dinner is a time of sharing with the people you enjoy, whether that be at someone's house, or out at a restaurant. For the past 5-6 years or so, my hubby, my sister, and I have gone out to a restaurant and they have an excellent buffet--turkey, prime rib, stuffed shrimp, ham carving station, specialty salads, all kinds of veggies, and 2 tables of assorted desserts to die for. We all love it, and the good thing is that there's plenty of options so that everyone gets to eat all their favorites. So as long as your family is together, enjoy your meal at a restaurant! :hungry: :)

Gabe1

No... my only daily goal is to wake up in the morning. Anything else is pushing my luck.

Ha! :hilarious:
Now, THAT woulda' been a shocker...! :eek: ;) :D :)

I like both Winter and Summerland mini golf, that would be enough winter for me anytime.

Knock it off, buster!! Stop plagiarizing the title of the song of century, and slipping in the wrong season! There's no place for summer--:eek: in my happy song. I want my attorney!! :arghh: (Oh wait . . . I don't have an attorney.)

I can lend ya my sister. ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Where are the floating condo's?

Funny tastes in art. Yours and @JenniferS both are creepity to me, I am a Norman Rockwell fan myself. I do get a kick out of one that JenniferS posted, showing how "handsy people were in that artists mind. Very touchie feelie.

I like many different styles of art; it's interesting to view. That doesn't mean I'd hang up certain paintings at home, but I like looking at them, for what they are. Now, as for Norman Rockwell, I do like his work as well. In MA, there is a Norman Rockwell Museum with quite a few of his paintings. Went to that museum years ago and really enjoyed it.

Oh, I also laughed about the "missing" floating condos, but I would have simply referred to them as the floating DVC eyesores! :facepalm:

StarWarsGirl

Okay, I'm going to take a minute to vent here

I. Hate. Group. Projects.

This one guy in my group missed around four classes in a row. We were wondering if he was still in the class. The professor heard nothing from him, so we were getting VERY concerned. She even talked to us about the possibility of him not contributing and her assigning him an individual project.

So as the group leader, I started cracking down on him.

Two weeks ago, we had a group meeting. I told them that I wanted 1-2 pages double spaced of the paper typed by Monday. Then I realized that we all had another test, so I gave them until today at 5 to finish it. The other girl in my group sends me her section on Sunday night. I gave her a bunch of edits, and she sent me back a new copy Monday night. The one guy says that he has practice for his sport, so he would do his best to get me something by tonight at 10. Fine, I just want something to look over before our group meeting tomorrow.

The chronically absent guy sends me this whole long Facebook message tonight about why nothing has been done. Somehow I've been unreasonable with this whole project, there weren't enough sources that we found (um, dude, I found sources for both my section AND some for yours. Pick up the slack), and that he knows that we've been concerned about his being absent from classes but that he really wants to get the best grade on this project and blah, blah, blah, blah. I explained to him the reason for our concern, and that it wasn't just us who were concerned, but also the professor. Not good. Some of his BS I just ignored, some of it I addressed, but my thought was, "Instead of typing me this long message about why you didn't do the work, why didn't you just DO THE WORK!"

I don't want to be a professor. Ever. I'm sure they get a ton of BS excuses. Can't imagine what kind of excuses managers in the real world get if I get this stuff and we're only in college.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Look at the injuries in short order to your feet, if you had real footwear on your feet you might be spared broken bones, even slip on backless shoes would protect those toes and as we age they just become more brittle and the breaks fill in with arthritis.

I'm willing to vacuum, wash hardwood and clean rugs more frequently and spare my toes. :) Bonus they are warm in the cold climate. As much as you are in disbelief of shoes in a house I am in equal disbelief that our age you are comfortable with the trade off of broken body parts. ;)

Ha! You're fighting a losing battle. I think Jennifer likes living dangerously, no matter what age she is. :happy:

StarWarsGirl

1 - never saw it.
2 - saw the first one, but not the second.
3 - Hunger Games ... you couldn't pay me enough ....
1- You never saw Avengers? Or Thor!:jawdrop:
2- He was in the first one. The second one is archival footage from the first one (incidentally, the second one is, IMO, better than the first)
3- Hunger Games books are much better than the movies. That did not stop me from watching the movies when they came on Netflix. Love the books, own them, have read them 3-4 times. They were recommended by my high school librarian, who took months convincing me that I should pick them up and read them. Then that same year, I ranked as one of the top five peer tutors with the most hours so, the librarian who ran tutoring, gave the top five tutors gift cards to Barnes and Noble. Guess which books I got?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Ha! You're fighting a losing battle. I think Jennifer likes living dangerously, no matter what age she is. :happy:
Like my best pal @Goofyernmost, I am too set in my ways to change.
Plus - I don't WANT to change.

And in case you haven't discerned this yet - I hate shoes! I hate socks! I especially loathe pantyhose!
I like bare feet. And flip flops.

Whoever ends up burying me has already been warned - don't you dare put pantyhose and shoes on my dead corpse. If I had my druthers, they'd send me packing in a nightie, a warm fuzzy bathrobe, and BARE FEET.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
1- You never saw Avengers? Or Thor!:jawdrop:
2- He was in the first one. The second one is archival footage from the first one (incidentally, the second one is, IMO, better than the first)
3- Hunger Games books are much better than the movies. That did not stop me from watching the movies when they came on Netflix. Love the books, own them, have read them 3-4 times. They were recommended by my high school librarian, who took months convincing me that I should pick them up and read them. Then that same year, I ranked as one of the top five peer tutors with the most hours so, the librarian who ran tutoring, gave the top five tutors gift cards to Barnes and Noble. Guess which books I got?
I am probably not the target audience for The Hunger Games, or the Twilight books/movies.
For us, they write "50 Shades of Grey" (Gray?)
And you know darn well, I haven't read that either.

Gabe1

Glad you stopped by and gave us your update. I hope that your pain level can be controlled so that you're comfortable sitting. Sorry to hear you're experiencing discomfort, and i hope it goes away for you.

I wanted to mention that eating out on Thanksgiving is fine. Thanksgiving dinner is a time of sharing with the people you enjoy, whether that be at someone's house, or out at a restaurant. For the past 5-6 years or so, my hubby, my sister, and I have gone out to a restaurant and they have an excellent buffet--turkey, prime rib, stuffed shrimp, ham carving station, specialty salads, all kinds of veggies, and 2 tables of assorted desserts to die for. We all love it, and the good thing is that there's plenty of options so that everyone gets to eat all their favorites. So as long as your family is together, enjoy your meal at a restaurant! :hungry: :)

We have gone to Harry Caray's Steak House for years for Thanksgiving. They have an upscale buffet of sides and you order your own entree. It is an amazing time, nobody is cooking and cleaning, worse cleaning up. We go to my Mom's house for dessert after. Nice, low pressure family time with amazing food.

1908465_10152452818613683_8221755624545821618_n.jpg

462426_10150829939228683_1536875609_o.jpg

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

I am probably not the target audience for The Hunger Games, nor the Twilight books/movies.
For us, they write "50 Shades of Grey" (Gray?)
And you know darn well, I haven't read that either.
I refuse to read Twilight. When I took creative writing, everyone who had read it hated it. But they liked Hunger Games. As had the teacher. They're not particularly long reads. I started one night on spring break with the first one. I started at around six and finished it in one sitting at around 3 am. I know quite a few adults, teachers a non-teachers, who read and liked Hunger Games. As well as my literary nut of a best friend who normally turns her nose up at YA books.

I'm like you, though; I'd rather, when I read, have a book be short, simple, to the point, preferably with a happy ending.

And no, I won't read 50 Shades of Grey either. And yes, the subject bothers me.

Nicholas Sparks. Ya know, every once in a while...:brb:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom