The Changes I think they should make at UO

Michael72688

Original Poster
I have quite a few ideas that could make Universal Orlando serious competition to Disney World. Now of course they can really build a new park with what they have, but things can be added here and there to make things better. Please take this with an open mind, not a Disney is better than everyone else mind. Ok, its kinda long, but please tell me what you think!

We'll start at Universal Studios
1. Van Helsing: Journey into Doom - inside the old Xena building. Imagine Cat in the Hat and Spider-man mixed together with a Van Helsing overlay, thats what this ride would be, a little bit of everything. Even though this movie didn't do well at the box office with a good story and good theming this ride could be really awesome.
2. Xtreme Water Stunt Show - in the Lagoon. Better than the one during the summer. It would have jet skiis, boats, explosions, and pyrotechnics. It would a lot of fun and would add to the stunt category along with Fear Factor: Live.
3. Parade of Stars - The same parade route as Macy's. This parade would be similar to the one in Japan, it would showcase different attractions through out the park. The floats would be, The globe/arch entrance, Shrek, Jimmy Neutron, Mummy, Jaws, MIB, and Terminator.

Now over to Islands of Adventure, which would get the most attention (I'll go in order, starting at Port of Entry and going around)
1. Call to Adventure - A steel drum band that plays and dances through out the day. It would just be something nice to watch and listen to.
2. Sylvester McMonkey McBean's Very Unusual Driving Machines - This one is obvious.
3. Posiden's Fury - I'm just guessing but many people skip this attraction because they dont want to stand up. So a solution could be make the attraction a dark ride but use the same amazing effects that are currently used, this way the ride is more enjoyable.
4. PF(not even going to attempt the spelling) - Take out this ride, Camp Jurassic, and Triceratop Encounter and build that giant bird cage. Build a flying coaster with the same name as PF, but of course it would be more intense. Also a way to lower the visibility of the attraction, build the entire structure 10 to 20 lower than the rest of the park, plus dont make the rollercoater as tall as most so it couldn't be seen all around the park.
5. The Jurassic Park Jeep Tours - everyone knows about this, but the ride should be completely indoors, IoA needs more indoor attractions for when it rains, which it does a lot.
6. A new Camp Jurassic - Next to Thunderfalls Terrace. This would be pretty much the same as the old one but scaled down
7. Rocky & Bullwinkle's Fly Coaster - between DDRSF and JPRA in that big open lot. The entrance to this ride would be right before the Toon Lagoon Entrance were the service entrance is. The rollercoaster would be an inverted hairpin coaster, kinda like primeval Whil, but inverted and it would fly around and in and out of a mountain. The story would be you are going to Wossomatta U and getting your degree in Aviation, well your instructors are Rocky & Bullwinkle, inside the mountian would be show scenes, but while you are flying... SOMETHING GOES TERRIBLY WRONG. Now you have to escape the evil guys (sorry cant remember their names) and get back safely.
8. Comic Strip Character Connection - inside the old Wossomatta U shop. Since this place is never used build a small character greeting location themed to different characters. Each one would get a different area, Popeye, Bettle Baily, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dudley and more. Here pictures can be taken, plus it is inside away from the heat.
9. The Cartoon Circus - Inside the Toon Lagoon Theater. This show would be a family friendly show with music and dancing with all the characters. It would also be like Bill & Ted's where it would incorporate some of the events and people that are popular.
10. Storm Force Acceletron - Just improving it, make it longer, louder and add more effects.
11. Adventure to the Stars - On the lagoon. I know everyone says the wont do it but they should. Have a fireworks display were almost all of the effects are up high, so you dont have to stand next the water to see them. Use fireworks, fire, lasers, water, lights and other special effects to make a show to rival, Illuminations and Wishes, plus it will hopefully keep people in the park untill near closing time.

Ok, now to the Resort
1. Move Wet'n' Wild to the Resort - Right next to Royal Pacific and I-4. Make it bigger and better than the current park.
2. The South Beach Resort - This resort would be that art deco style with all the bright colors and would have plenty of water activities to do. (This resort wouldn't be as expensive as the others)
3. Cape Cod Resort - This resort would have New England feel and setting, plus a restaurant that served amazing clam chowder, lol.
All of the resorts would be connected by the boats and the two new ones would also have busses that ran to the transportation hub because of there distance to City Walk.

I told you it was long, so tell me what you think.

Michael72688

Original Poster
to make it better I would add a larger wave pool, and more areas to sit around it. A few more slides and just make its overall apperance better.

Legacy

Michael72688 said:
1. Van Helsing: Journey into Doom - inside the old Xena building. Imagine Cat in the Hat and Spider-man mixed together with a Van Helsing overlay, thats what this ride would be, a little bit of everything. Even though this movie didn't do well at the box office with a good story and good theming this ride could be really awesome.
Personally, I don't think Van Helsing is a big enough property to warrant a ride. The little bit they do in Monster Make-up is fine.
2. Xtreme Water Stunt Show - in the Lagoon. Better than the one during the summer. It would have jet skiis, boats, explosions, and pyrotechnics. It would a lot of fun and would add to the stunt category along with Fear Factor: Live.
I would rather see them bring back a night-time stunt show. Either that or a night time parade.
3. Parade of Stars - The same parade route as Macy's. This parade would be similar to the one in Japan, it would showcase different attractions through out the park. The floats would be, The globe/arch entrance, Shrek, Jimmy Neutron, Mummy, Jaws, MIB, and Terminator.
Agreed. Universal desperately needs a year-round parade. And they need to manage it better than they currently do. It needs to feel tighter and more organized.

Now over to Islands of Adventure, which would get the most attention (I'll go in order, starting at Port of Entry and going around)
1. Call to Adventure - A steel drum band that plays and dances through out the day. It would just be something nice to watch and listen to.
No qualms there, but I think I have seen something like that there before.
2. Sylvester McMonkey McBean's Very Unusual Driving Machines - This one is obvious.
Yep. They really need to open that up.
3. Posiden's Fury - I'm just guessing but many people skip this attraction because they dont want to stand up. So a solution could be make the attraction a dark ride but use the same amazing effects that are currently used, this way the ride is more enjoyable.
The need to advertise it better and return to the original story of Zeus versus Poisiden. It was much better and nowhere near as campy.
4. PF(not even going to attempt the spelling) - Take out this ride, Camp Jurassic, and Triceratop Encounter and build that giant bird cage. Build a flying coaster with the same name as PF, but of course it would be more intense. Also a way to lower the visibility of the attraction, build the entire structure 10 to 20 lower than the rest of the park, plus dont make the rollercoater as tall as most so it couldn't be seen all around the park.
They can't build it down. Also, they already know where they would put this, and that's where you want the Fly Coaster for Toon.
5. The Jurassic Park Jeep Tours - everyone knows about this, but the ride should be completely indoors, IoA needs more indoor attractions for when it rains, which it does a lot.
I keep thinking that this attraction IS indoors. And wait until later this year.
6. A new Camp Jurassic - Next to Thunderfalls Terrace. This would be pretty much the same as the old one but scaled down
Camp Jurassic ain't moving. It's not cost effective.
7. Rocky & Bullwinkle's Fly Coaster - between DDRSF and JPRA in that big open lot. The entrance to this ride would be right before the Toon Lagoon Entrance were the service entrance is. The rollercoaster would be an inverted hairpin coaster, kinda like primeval Whil, but inverted and it would fly around and in and out of a mountain. The story would be you are going to Wossomatta U and getting your degree in Aviation, well your instructors are Rocky & Bullwinkle, inside the mountian would be show scenes, but while you are flying... SOMETHING GOES TERRIBLY WRONG. Now you have to escape the evil guys (sorry cant remember their names) and get back safely.
This is an original concept ride that was suppose to got right next to Ripsaw Falls (On the side opposite of where you want it). If they build it, that's where it would go because they need the gate at the Toon Lagoon sign for an emergency vehicle entrance.
8. Comic Strip Character Connection - inside the old Wossomatta U shop. Since this place is never used build a small character greeting location themed to different characters. Each one would get a different area, Popeye, Bettle Baily, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dudley and more. Here pictures can be taken, plus it is inside away from the heat.
That would actually be a great idea. They need something permanent.
9. The Cartoon Circus - Inside the Toon Lagoon Theater. This show would be a family friendly show with music and dancing with all the characters. It would also be like Bill & Ted's where it would incorporate some of the events and people that are popular.
They had it and it wasn't popular. They also wouldn't be able to keep it "current" because then they would have to re-record voices every month.
10. Storm Force Acceletron - Just improving it, make it longer, louder and add more effects.
Actually, they just need to enclose it and add more lights. Voila, instant hit.
11. Adventure to the Stars - On the lagoon. I know everyone says the wont do it but they should. Have a fireworks display were almost all of the effects are up high, so you dont have to stand next the water to see them. Use fireworks, fire, lasers, water, lights and other special effects to make a show to rival, Illuminations and Wishes, plus it will hopefully keep people in the park untill near closing time.
Nope, won't happen because there aren't enought good viewing areas.

Ok, now to the Resort
1. Move Wet'n' Wild to the Resort - Right next to Royal Pacific and I-4. Make it bigger and better than the current park.
2. The South Beach Resort - This resort would be that art deco style with all the bright colors and would have plenty of water activities to do. (This resort wouldn't be as expensive as the others)
3. Cape Cod Resort - This resort would have New England feel and setting, plus a restaurant that served amazing clam chowder, lol.
All of the resorts would be connected by the boats and the two new ones would also have busses that ran to the transportation hub because of there distance to City Walk.
I don't like the idea of "moving" Wet-n-Wild. I think they should either keep it where it is or build a new type of water park and close Wet-n-Wild itself.

They only need one more actual hotel, and I would prefer the Cape Cod Resort (but with a better name). They need to add a night-time show at CityWalk, and an arcade (Like Jillian's or Dave and Buster's).

Michael72688

Original Poster
The names of the hotels were defintely just ideas, and about the steel drum band, they did have one but it was just for the summer. Both IoA and USF both need more permanent entertainment, it is something they are both desperatly lacking

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom