Pre-Trip The Captain is headed Home!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Yea! Don't forget to take lots of pictures of the WDW Railroad!! :) (Oh wait, you're still working out your travel details. Guess I got a little ahead of myself here.) ;)
That's ok. Everything thing is all planed :) It was just so late last night, I didn't feel like staying up and typing all the details (will get to that today). But don't you worry, I've got something special planed for the WDWRR ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hey everyone! I just wanted to say that I haven't forgotten about the details. Everything gets real hectic this time of the year with school. Last day of classes was Wednesday, but I have two exams on Monday :arghh: Hopefully I will be able to finally get this PTR started during some free time this weekend, if not sooner. Please bear with me :)

Good things come to those who wait. :happy: You just take your time.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Ok, I'm so embarrassed that I've started this thread over a week ago and haven't given the details yet. There has just been a lot going on over the past week. I had my final exams on Monday (woohoo! :joyfull:), so I was going to get into things yesterday but had a family emergency. Luckily, everything is ok and I can finally get this PTR started! Here we go!

Why?

Alright, so it's been almost 2 years (1 year and 11 months to be exact) since my last trip. In other words, it's been waaay too long! :cry: But that's going to change! :joyfull: We ended up not going last year do to everyone's schedules and other things that were going on at the time, but that was ok because Dead Men Tell No Tales was coming out at the same time that we would have normally gone, and I had been waiting for it close to 4 years! Needless to say, I was extremely excited when May 26th came around, so it kind of eased the pain of not going to WDW.

Fast forward to the beginning of this year. Life is starting to become a pain in the you know what (school stuff). But, I kept telling myself to push on and that May would be here soon. Well, once March came around, some unexpected events took place and it started to look as if we were not going to be able to go. I was trying to stay positive in hopes that things would work out, but I stared to face reality in April that this trip was not happening :cry:. I started to get kind of depressed because I had been looking forward to this trip for a while. But thank God, because things began to take a turn for the better and the trip was back on! :joyfull:

So the trip is back on and I couldn't be more excited. One of the reasons why I am so excited, is because this is my graduation trip. I will be starting college in the fall, so this trip is much needed! I'm looking forward to doing some things that I have been wanting to do for a long time and having the chance to solo in the parks for a little bit. Overall, I can't wait and I am so excited to share this trip with y'all :)

Up next: The who, when, and where!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Just came back from the mailbox and look what arrived

BCCD0534-1816-4392-BFF1-BC4B98623B71.jpeg

:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

P.S.
Very mad with the new packaging :mad:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Ok, I got a little busy over the weekend with trying to get my graduation invitations ready to be mailed (still not done yet :hilarious:). Who knew that could be such a pain in the butt?

I finally had a little free time earlier this afternoon and was about to get back into this PTR when this guy decided to show up in my yard.

C36EC195-1F95-47DA-A911-9F9897AFCE58.jpeg

Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?

O well, time to get my pistol!

A416267C-62F3-44AB-ABFA-E5D7C2C1FFC9.jpeg

Pretty good length. I’d say right at 3 feet, if not a tad bit longer.

I know that it was just a common black snake (non-venomous), but I didn’t want my adventurous and very curious dachshund to encounter it.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Alright, back to the important stuff.

Who?
The norm - Me (Berkley), my sister, and my mom

When?
May 21-26
My graduation is on June 2nd, so we wanted to make sure that we would be back at least a week before.

Where?
ALL-STAR Sports

Screenshot_2018-05-08-10-31-49_kindlephoto-126369380.png

Originally, the plan was to stay at Coronado Springs, but do to changes in everyone's schedule, we had to shift the dates and CS was unavailable at the time. We were also planning on staying for 6 days/6 nights, but had to change it to 5 days/5 nights instead.

Now we usually stay in values because we like to be in the parks all day. The only time that we are really at the resort, is when it's time to go to bed. That's pretty much it. So once we knew that CS was out of the picture, we figured that it would be best to stay at a value. We thought about Caribbean Beach, but my sister stayed there in March and didn't care to go back so soon.

To make a long story short, Movies was unavailable, and POP and Music only had standard rooms. So we saw that Sports had a preferred room and booked it!

When I'm not obsessing over Disney, I'm obsessing over football, so I hope we stay in the "Touchdown!" section!

Screenshot_2018-05-08-10-31-36_kindlephoto-126410991.png

I'm not sure if the rooms there are also preferred, or if it's just "Surf's Up!", but they're defiantly close enough to Stadium Hall to be considered as preferred.

Now, I know that a lot of people cannot stand ALL-STAR Sports, but I'm hoping that we will have a good experience. I'm actually pretty excited about staying there.

1. It's someplace new.

2. I love sports, particularly football.

3. I will be one step closer to staying at all of the resorts :joyfull:

Guess I will have to see for myself!

Up next: The plan!

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
The plan:

Sunday May 20th - Travel Day
Depart South Carolina Sunday morning. Like always, we will be driving. Arrive at hotel on Irlo Bronson (right next to the main gate at World Dr.) Sunday night. We always stay right outside the property on the night of our drive down.

Monday May 21st - Check-in/AK
Get up early and head to ALL-STAR Sports. Will do online check-in to avoid the front desk, then hop on a bus to AK!

AK hours: 9am -10pm (8am - 9am EMH)

FP
1. KS 9:55 - 10:55
2. KRR 11:20 - 12:20
3. EE 12:30 - 1:30

Tuesday May 22nd - EPCOT

EPCOT hours: 9am - 9pm (9pm - 11pm EMH :joyfull:)

FP
1. LwtL 10:25 - 11:25
2. TT 12:10 - 1:10
3. SE 2:35 - 3:35

Wednesday May 23rd - MK

MK hours: 9am - 10pm (10pm - 12am EMH :joyfull:)

FP
1. JC 11:05 - 12:05
2. Peter Pan 1:10 - 2:10
3. Splash 2:35 - 3:35

Thursday May 24th - EPCOT (day 2)

EPCOT hours: 9am - 9pm (8am - 9am EMH)

FP
1. SE 10:30 - 11:30
2. Soarin' 12:20 - 1:20
3. ??? (haven't decided)

Friday May 25th - MK (day 2)

MK hours: 9am - 11pm (8am - 9am EMH)

FP
1. Buzz? (could change) 11:35 - 12:35
2. Splash 2:25 - 3:25
3. ??? (haven't decided)

Saturday May 26th - Checkout/Travel Day :cry:
Let's not talk about that.

Up Next: Pre Trip notes!

Last edited:

DisAl

DSC06806.JPGAre you doing the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains tour this trip? I hope so, you will love it.
Photo is of me in the cab of Walter on my 2009 tour.
(Sorry if this is a duplicate post, the first attempt did not seem to go through.)
P.S. - Leave the lights on. We will be down the week after you. :D

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom