The Bottom Line about WDW Attendance

WDWGuy

Original Poster
Good Afternoon...

I wanted to write today to put my two cents worth in about attendance at WDW. No matter what website you visit online that is dedicated to Disney and its parks...there is always a group of posters who ask the obligatory question that is usually structured as follows..

Hi My name is _________ I am new to the forums so bare with me. My family and I are headed to WDW on _____ through the_____ . I was wondering if anyone on here could let us knowhow the crowds are on these dates? Will it be busy?....etc...etc...

Ladies and gentlemen, I would challenge (in a friendly way of ourse) anyone on this forum who says there is still a dead or 'quiet' time in the parks...the parks are BUSY YEAR ROUND now. WHile they are MOBBED on Christmas Week, NYE, Fourth of July, and Summer....the rest of the year is VERY much still busy....just not INSANELY busy...

Anyone or any family planning visiting WDW from now until the foreseeable future...PLAN FOR CROWDS...PLAN FOR WAITING IN LINE...that way...if there is not a line..its like icing on the cake...

Remember, when you are planning your vacation..there is another family down the street planning one exacltly like yours....and multiply that by THOUSANDS...Disney World is the #1 tourist destination in the world...

and for good reason!!

See you all at EE this weekend!!!

WDWGuy:slurp:

mikeanabean

Thank you for saying something because it was getting bad. If you worry about how many people are there when you go then you shouldn't go.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From 2000 to 2004 crowd levels were pretty predictable and in some cases crowds were nonexistent. Part of this was of course due to 9/11 and we seem to have come out of that phase.

Over the last year I have seen a very noticeable rise in attendance during off peak and slow times. Some of this is IMHO a direct result of the general public being better informed (thanks to the internet) about when these peaks and valley in attendance occurred. Another factor is a large number of school systems switching to year round school. So now instead of having the proverbial 2-1/2 month summer vacation they have several scattered 1 and 2 week vacations that occur during the once typical slow season.

In a nut shell the peaks are still there but the valleys are filling in.

While this is good for WDW it is kind of a bummer for those of us Worldphiles that enjoyed the days of walk on E-tickets and deserted parks.

Look at the bright side. Theoretically more guests equals more new attractions, more resorts and a huge rise in attendance is the only thing that will ever make a 5th gate economically viable.

Heatherbell

I definately understand what you say about the ongoing questions about crowds. But I have to say I think your post was a little harsh. I am sure people who are posting about crowd levels are not assuming or planning for NO LINES and NO CROWDS. I think that they are either preparing themselves for what is coming or looking for a slower time. I myself have gotten a lot of tips from posts like that. And isn't that why there is a "Trip Planning" forum. What do you suppose that people with questions should do then?
I am not all all trying to be rude but if you don't like posts like that why do you look at them? Alot of people come here for help and for tips about that kind of stuff. And by the way, yes there are always lines but there are some months that are WAY better to go them others. I went in September and all the rides were walk ons, every single one except Soarin. And how else would someone know that other then posting a question about September crowds?
But I do agree with you about all of the posts. I think people should run a search before just posting.

tink81

I used to go in July/August when I was little (because my mom and auts were school teachers) and my family would never pull me out of school to go on vacation. I have gone the past two years at the end of January and if you can deal with cold mornings and evenings and shortened park hours, it's generally a good time to go. We have walked on to any ride we have wanted to go on EXCEPT Peter Pan's Flight which is always bananas for some reason. I am going in October this year- after Labor Day but before Halloween and I have heard this is also a great time to visit- still warm, low crowds, good weather... we'll see!

Yellow Shoes

Can I piggyback another peeve?

I'm going in Ocotober. Will I need a coat? Can we go swimming? What will the weather be like?

--no one can predict the weather months ahead of time.

--what is swimming weather...or coat weather .....is entirely up to the individual. I may need a coat, but you might be comfortable in shorts.

--there are several weather web sites. Use them. They have clever names like www.weather.com The best you will be able to do is a 10-15 day forecast and the actual temperatures for that time period last year.

(...and tink81--I agree. My father the school teacher NEVER took us out of school for anything. However, when that man became a grandfather, he was OK with them missing a day--not a week--for WDW)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yellow Shoes said:
Can I piggyback another peeve?

I'm going in Ocotober. Will I need a coat? Can we go swimming? What will the weather be like?

--no one can predict the weather months ahead of time.
Don't forget the ever popular "Will there be a hurricane there during my trip?"

Nicole

I am thinking maybe this post needs to be pinned?? Seems like we are getting a LOT more "crowd question" questions the past few weeks than I've ever noticed here before.

Nemo14

Nicole said:
I am thinking maybe this post needs to be pinned?? Seems like we are getting a LOT more "crowd question" questions the past few weeks than I've ever noticed here before.
I was thinking the same thing. I guess that people's post-9-11 fears have eased, so now EVERYONE is trying to make up for lost time!

riguitargod

Hi, I'm going next week, and was wondering if you are saying that now the crowds will be packed? I read that this was an empty time of year! I'm going to be very mad if the lines are huge!

;-) Just kidding!

Shanandty

I'm more of a lurker than a poster but I had to reply ....
I think we have to remember, there are people like me who planned their VERY FIRST trip ever and for the most part joined the forum to help with their trip. We aren't forum experts and don't know about the search functions etc..

Being form Canada this was a trip of a lifetime, not one I could repeat 5 times a year like several memebers do, so we want as much info as possible ( and yes even about hurricanes- we have blizzards, not hurricanes!):lol:

And speaking from my experience, everyone was super helpful and friendly. I too, have problaly asked a question that someone else asked. If you get annoyed becuase you've been a member for years and have seen the same thread before- no one said you have to reply.

I think that being negative just puts people on the defence and gets peolpe dissapointed with the " Happiest Place on Earth"

" I don't like confrentation!"- T- REX from Toy Story

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom