The Backlot Tour re-opens today!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, after a long rehab, the Backlot Tour finally reopens today. Anyone planning on heading out to the Studios to catch a ride? :)

trendymagic

It is open, but having trouble. The Canyon was not working this am. They have the end of NY Street open for you to walk towards the Stunt Show. You can go in the first building they have done, the bathrooms.

I will be back this afternoon to see if theings are better.

trendymagic

Ok back from the afternoon trip.

The new tram route is nothing to get excited over. You go through the wardrobe area like they originally did, then to the Canyon, then to the exit. There are props along the way in several spots. The only good thing is that you get to see the Stunt show construction from a different angle.

Tom

Beta Return
Sounds like one of the regulars on our itinerary is now off the list. Doesn't sound like I want to stand in line for that ride.

Do they still have the water effects tank or is that gone too?

MKCP 1985

Time to 'fess up

Ok - who lost the bet that the backlot tour would never re-open? Come on now - you know who you are. Come forth and be branded "naysayer."

:D

imagineersrock

displayimage.php

the rounded, U-turn road-like looking surface behind the fences--- is that part of the new tram route? or does that "road" not make a full U-turn, it's very hard to tell based just on that photo.

:veryconfu

I had always predicted that the tram would come back that way infront of the entrance to the stunt show, make a U-turn, and then head back into the exit station.

is this the case or not, and if not, any indication as to what the fenced off area is for?

thanks in advance for any and all help.

:cool:

trendymagic

In the center of that fenced off area is where the Arch use to be. That is the final turn before you get off the tram (you get to look down NY Street) The building on the other side are teh restrooms for the Stunt show and are open to the public now.

imagineersrock

Originally posted by trendymagic
In the center of that fenced off area is where the Arch use to be. That is the final turn before you get off the tram (you get to look down NY Street) The building on the other side are teh restrooms for the Stunt show and are open to the public now.

yeah I knew all that, I was just wondering if the tram infact made a turn there as I had predicted it would. It was just that I had been told that I was looking at the picture wrong, and that a tram could not turn there, but now you have actually proven my prediction correct, and I am happy. lol -so thanks!

can't wait to check it out for myself- it looks GREAT [from what I've seen online, ofcourse]

thanks again
:cool:

trendymagic

Originally posted by sum41914
Are they ever going to bring back residential ave. I wanna see the golden girls house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was destroyed in about a day. It is gone for good.

imagineersrock - No problem. Glad I could confirm

Disney2002

I've NEVER been impressed with the backlot tour once you get on the tram. They need to make it a lot better... or ditch it for something else.

the-reason

Originally posted by Disney2002
I've NEVER been impressed with the backlot tour once you get on the tram. They need to make it a lot better... or ditch it for something else.

I agree, all it was to me when I first rode it. It was like a cheap versian of Earhtquake at US. They need to neither get rid of it. Or make it better than it is by adding some more thrilling stuff to it. The one in paris is longer and better isnt it. Why cant they try to upgrade it to that.

When did the ride actually close for a rehab.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally posted by the-reason
The one in paris is longer and better isnt it. Why cant they try to upgrade it to that.

Your kidding arn`t you? I was watching my DLP home video only yesterday. Paris would LOVE to have a tour like Florida! WDS has a grassy hill, a forest, a few props, an IDENTICAL Catastrophe Canyon, a few more trees, the Wardrobe corridor (Cast Members wardrobe only), a few cars, some more grass, the loading station from the other side of the road, a good looking but very poorly executed Reign of Fire set, the back of the Moteurs.. Action! arena, a fence, and the loading station. For the 3rd time.

Disney2002

Originally posted by marni1971
Your kidding arn`t you? I was watching my DLP home video only yesterday. Paris would LOVE to have a tour like Florida! WDS has a grassy hill, a forest, a few props, an IDENTICAL Catastrophe Canyon, a few more trees, the Wardrobe corridor (Cast Members wardrobe only), a few cars, some more grass, the loading station from the other side of the road, a good looking but very poorly executed Reign of Fire set, the back of the Moteurs.. Action! arena, a fence, and the loading station. For the 3rd time.

Sounds exactly as boring as Florida... and definitely no less so.

ToTBellHop

Backlot Tours, in general, are very boring when there is nothing to tour due to a lack of backlots in use. That is the same reason Universal Orlando gave up on their tour so quickly--it was boring b/c nothing happened. Furthermore, that is one of the reasons that Universal Studios Hollywood has had a successful tour for so long. I am guessing our Backlot Tour is on its last few legs. It might make sense, if Disney doesn't want to knock down the Indy stunt show, to knock down Catastrophe Canyon in a couple years to build the Indiana Jones Adventure...just another option for expansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom