The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

Travel Junkie

Over at micechat user socalthemeparks posted the following pics. Looks like Disneyland Forever is now testing parts of the show.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Travel Junkie

Kelly and Michael from LIVE with Kelly and Michael will be coming to Disneyland to help celebrate the 60th anniversary. Not exactly sure how I feel about this yet.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ia-for-disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration/

And it looks like Forever (yes, I've shortened it already) has started testing. Taken from the DL MiceChat forum:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Beat me by seconds. Haha.

The Kelly and Michael thing I’m kind of eh whatever. They are only filming Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday of that week so they will be out of the way by the 22nd. Andy Castro on his twitter feed mentioned that he heard that Tommorrowland will premiere at DLR on May 9th. TDA must be pulling their hair out right now with all of the stuff going on.

jrhwdw

The Kelly and Michael thing I’m kind of eh whatever. They are only filming Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday of that week so they will be out of the way by the 22nd. Andy Castro on his twitter feed mentioned that he heard that Tommorrowland will premiere at DLR on May 9th. TDA must be pulling their hair out right now with all of the stuff going on.
You mean Tomorrowland the full movie?

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

They're premiering the film at Disneyland? I guess I should have expected something like that. It makes sense to premiere it there, I guess.

JediMasterMatt

I wonder if they would consider using the projection mapping to premiere Tomorrowland onto "it's a small world"'s façade? Considering the part it has to play in the films, it might be a cool publicity stunt.

*Although it would look awful.

TP2000

About those Fantasyland Dark Rides...

Al Lutz and MiceAge broke open a rumor over two years ago that the dark rides would be redone with new tech for the 60th. But so far, the only dark ride mentioned for the 60th is Peter Pan, although some major stuff already happened to Alice In Wonderland last year. What about the rest?

I've decided that the Dark Ride upgrades will be spaced out over the next year and be marketed as part of the 60th. They can then use the big changes to Peter Pan as a point of reference, not have to close all the Fantasyland Dark Rides at the same time, and keep the AP interest high in returning to the park.

Once they get over the 60th launch and everyone oohing and aahing over Peter Pan, they can announced Mr. Toad will close in the fall, Snow White and Pinocchio in the winter, Alice for the final animatronic additions in the spring, etc.

At least that's my bet.

George Lucas on a Bench

Would you have preferred Alice In Wonderland to not have the updates it got in '14? Which were actually updates to what it got in '07 to the '84 total remake, which was a big change from it's '58 original.

Just because that one turned out mostly good doesn't mean they can't screw up the others. Mr. Toad is mostly made of plywood. Kind of a different situation.

Vegas Disney Fan

Would you have preferred Alice In Wonderland to not have the updates it got in '14? Which were actually updates to what it got in '07 to the '84 total remake, which was a big change from it's '58 original.

Just because that one turned out mostly good doesn't mean they can't screw up the others. Mr. Toad is mostly made of plywood. Kind of a different situation.

I love what they did with Alice, is there any history of upgrades making a ride worse?

I can think of several complete overhauls (Journey into Imagination, Stitch vs Alien Encounter, etc) that have been very unpopular but can't think of an example of just adding some new technology to existing rides making it worse.

Travel Junkie

About those Fantasyland Dark Rides...

Al Lutz and MiceAge broke open a rumor over two years ago that the dark rides would be redone with new tech for the 60th. But so far, the only dark ride mentioned for the 60th is Peter Pan, although some major stuff already happened to Alice In Wonderland last year. What about the rest?

I've decided that the Dark Ride upgrades will be spaced out over the next year and be marketed as part of the 60th. They can then use the big changes to Peter Pan as a point of reference, not have to close all the Fantasyland Dark Rides at the same time, and keep the AP interest high in returning to the park.

Once they get over the 60th launch and everyone oohing and aahing over Peter Pan, they can announced Mr. Toad will close in the fall, Snow White and Pinocchio in the winter, Alice for the final animatronic additions in the spring, etc.

At least that's my bet.

Speaking of MiceAge we haven’t seen one of their juicy updates in quite a while. You would think with all that is going on around the resort they would have plenty to talk about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom